Challenge Cup Final Ticket Sales

IM2

Goaded by the comments last year of a certain moderator, I sent for my ticket for this year as soon as the special offers appeared which arrived yesterday and is now sitting behind the clock on the living room mantlepiece alongside my rail ticket. I'm now sweating on Network Rail engineering works between Wolverhampton and Smethick not screwing up my connection at Birmingham on the way back. All being well I'll be at my first CF since 1992 and if I don't enjoy myself, IT'S YOUR FAULT, DRAKE!!!!!

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

you could pray for a draw and a replay at Elland Road. However does it go to Golden Point?

Alternatively be a bigger man (than I) and take the lesser of two evils Rovers to win. That way we might put less value on our victory in 1980 and I for one will be magnaminous and hold back on a chorus of Old Faithful......perhaps.

Just try and enjoy David and Goliath, we might not be able to repeat Wigan,Catalans and Warrington but we are in it to win it!

The days of selling it out are largely gone sadly. It would take a real rivalry like a Saints Wigan and even that I'm not sure.

Cas are a well supported side and were in a derby with Leeds but it nowhere near sold out. Hull KR will probably mean Leeds take a few less than last year I reckon.

Goaded by the comments last year of a certain moderator, I sent for my ticket for this year as soon as the special offers appeared which arrived yesterday and is now sitting behind the clock on the living room mantlepiece alongside my rail ticket. I'm now sweating on Network Rail engineering works between Wolverhampton and Smethick not screwing up my connection at Birmingham on the way back. All being well I'll be at my first CF since 1992 and if I don't enjoy myself, IT'S YOUR FAULT, DRAKE!!!!!

Where were you in 1999 then!?

"It involves matters much greater than drafting the new rules...the original and existing games have their own powerful appeal to their players and public and have the sentiments which history inspires"  - Harold 'Jersey' Flegg 1933

"Just as we had been Cathars, we were treizistes, men apart."  - Jean Roque, Calendrier-revue du Racing-Club Albigeois, 1958-1959

Si tu( Remi Casty) devais envoyer un fax au Président Guasch? " Un grand bravo pour ce que vous avez fait,et merci de m 'avoir embarqué dans cette aventure"

gallery_02-am31503_5b827265940b7_.jpg

Save for whatever is left at Headingley (around 1,000 tickets of the allocation), the Leeds end is essentially sold out now according to the RFL ticket website. A decent turn out given I can't imagine many neutrals would choose that end over the other and certainly better than the last three finals Leeds have been in when our end had large areas of empty seats.

i predict now it will be the first sell out i years

Agreed. HKR and Leeds will attract a bumper crowd (and I hope loads make a weekend of it and make the Skolars Friday Night Lights on the night before....cracking beer festival).

As for England v Kiwis. I suspect we will get well over 50k for that.....

Thank You for Listening

Derek

I'd imagine the 70k includes the Club Wembley area otherwise it would mean there are only 5-6k seats left. Slightly sceptical that all those areas are sold out as the RFL have done this in the past with plenty of spaces on the day. That said, I really hope it is as increasing the attendance on Cup Final day is essential. Sadly can't make it this season but hope everyone else can get there as it is an awesome day!

50% off all categories- quote 'beinspired'

Damn. I paid full price about 3 weeks ago!

Check out upcoming international fixtures and highlights of past matches at http://rlfixtures.weebly.com

St Albans Centurions International Liaison Officer and former Medway Dragons Wheelchair RL player.

Leeds Rhinos, St Albans Centurions y Griffons Madrid fan. Also follow (to a lesser extent) Catalans Dragons, London Broncos, South Sydney Rabbitohs, Jacksonville Axemen, Vrchlabi Mad Squirrels, København Black Swans, Red Star Belgrade and North Hertfordshire Crusaders.

Moderator of the International board

Which end has each set of supporters got? My nightmare was Bradford reaching the final and being stuck next to a rather drunk and over convivial Mick Gledhill :scared:

My nightmare was St Helens winning the semi final and having to sit in the Saints end!

Check out upcoming international fixtures and highlights of past matches at http://rlfixtures.weebly.com

St Albans Centurions International Liaison Officer and former Medway Dragons Wheelchair RL player.

Leeds Rhinos, St Albans Centurions y Griffons Madrid fan. Also follow (to a lesser extent) Catalans Dragons, London Broncos, South Sydney Rabbitohs, Jacksonville Axemen, Vrchlabi Mad Squirrels, København Black Swans, Red Star Belgrade and North Hertfordshire Crusaders.

Moderator of the International board

Good news that more tickets seem to have been sold than last year. Remember, at this point last year we hadn't even had the semi-finals - appalling scheduling - and I think this hit the crowd by 5-10k. Two weeks is just not long enough. With a four week lead-in you have a greater chance of those undecideds from participating teams getting in the mood and buying a ticket nearer the time.

Hopelessly inadequate, that's Rovers' average attendance this year.

Edit:Sorry, I appear to have mis read the quote.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

Going with the COventry Bears contingent.  Never been before but watch on tv every year.

Stunning value, £30 inc travel and tickets.

Bringing my 5yo boy to...should be interesting :) 

LAst time I was at Wembley Donny Rovers beat Leeds!

Archived