Biggest game of the season?

fredm

Any thoughts on the score now that both teams are declared, I'm going for a 1 point win with Leathbarrow dropping a goal from near the half way line with the following wind.

Cheers Roger.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

squads for sunday 

Workington Town Squad

Murphy, Miller, Szostak, Sammut, Forber, Mossop, Shackley, C. Phillips, Stack, Olstrum, Coward, Whiteley, McAvoy, Walker, Horton, B. Phillips, Carter, Forrester, Doran

Batley Bulldogs Squad

Reittie, Ainscough, Campbell, Southernwood, Leatherbarrow, Hirst, Nicholson, Rowe, Bretherton, Scott, Blake, Gledhill, Hesketh, Lillycrop, Squires, J. Brown, Day, A. Brown, Ulugia

Stoopid Cup Winner 2012

OK so it wasn't my best game but I blame 9'oller for breaking three ribs on my first run, that boys got a heavy touch!

I cant for the life in me work out who you are. Say how do.

I def think we should make it compulsory showers after the game to include the "blonde" though.

How I mean where do we tackle her

'Shaw cross juniors, Birkenshaw, Mirfield, Heckmondwike Panthers, Stainland Stags and then the Heavy woolen donkeys... WARDY, STOZZA, GT, KARL OR KEAR MUST OF DROPPED A DIGIT FROM MY MOBILE NUMBER! :clapping:

I def think we should make it compulsory showers after the game to include the "blonde" though.

How I mean where do we tackle her

Clue is in the title mate

Touch rugby ;)

They seek him here, they seek him there the bandy legged winger, yes the one with hair!

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

[quote name="buford t justice" post="3171719" timestamp="1438849629"

We are still a poor side and we are still well in the relegation mx, defeat on Sunday wont do us any favours - will be interesting to see if missing out on Sammut comes back to haunt us.

losing 16-0. Normal dross is resumed.

sammut is class above.

oh for a decent halfback.......

"you never win a game unless you beat the guy in front of you. The score on the board doesn’t mean a thing. That’s for the fans. You’ve got to win the war with the man in front of you. You’ve got to get your man." - Vince Lombardi.

losing 16-0. Normal dross is resumed.

sammut is class above.

oh for a decent halfback.......

One day people will listen to me mate - theres a lot to be said for being a realist.

The ones on here thinking we can make the top 4 of this bottom 8 thing are in la la land, we just need to stay up and wipe the slate clean for next year.

What we're dealing with here is a complete lack of respect for the law

Having finally got a full complement of backs and half backs we seem to have a shortage of back row forwards with Gledhill starting at loose forward. 

I expected a narrow defeat with Sammut's class making the difference in a close game.  Wrong again Bill!

Market ram; biggest game, relegation, new coach? Well, the last has been on thae tongue a long time, and today should cap it. Relegation, doubt it as you say but not good enough to beat Workington, so that means winning 2 of Fev, London or Rams to hit top 4. Dogs should hold off further signings until coaching oodition dorted, as I'm concerned that should the chairman take the bull by the

horns and take the decision to end Kear's tenure then a new coach may not like all the players he's saddled with. New coaching team is imperative to save more of the same next season.

Market ram; biggest game, relegation, new coach? Well, the last has been on thae tongue a long time, and today should cap it. Relegation, doubt it as you say but not good enough to beat Workington, so that means winning 2 of Fev, London or Rams to hit top 4. Dogs should hold off further signings until coaching oodition dorted, as I'm concerned that should the chairman take the bull by the

horns and take the decision to end Kear's tenure then a new coach may not like all the players he's saddled with. New coaching team is imperative to save more of the same next season.

That is presuming that Workington don't win another game which isn't going to happen!!!

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

Market ram; biggest game, relegation, new coach? Well, the last has been on thae tongue a long time, and today should cap it. Relegation, doubt it as you say but not good enough to beat Workington, so that means winning 2 of Fev, London or Rams to hit top 4. Dogs should hold off further signings until coaching oodition dorted, as I'm concerned that should the chairman take the bull by the horns and take the decision to end Kear's tenure then a new coach may not like all the players he's saddled with. New coaching team is imperative to save more of the same next season.

Wether or not Kevin takes the bulls by the horns so to speak and get shot of Kear, i can100% guarantee the buddy system will ensure our next coach is Craig Lingard

Or mr hooley the kit man

'Shaw cross juniors, Birkenshaw, Mirfield, Heckmondwike Panthers, Stainland Stags and then the Heavy woolen donkeys... WARDY, STOZZA, GT, KARL OR KEAR MUST OF DROPPED A DIGIT FROM MY MOBILE NUMBER! :clapping:

Wether or not Kevin takes the bulls by the horns so to speak and get shot of Kear, i can100% guarantee the buddy system will ensure our next coach is Craig Lingard

I really hope not gary.

"you never win a game unless you beat the guy in front of you. The score on the board doesn’t mean a thing. That’s for the fans. You’ve got to win the war with the man in front of you. You’ve got to get your man." - Vince Lombardi.

Should have got shot of Kear months ago, 2 years of utter dross with the odd false dawn thrown in for good measure - simply not good enough and being so bad for so long simply wouldnt have been tolerated by ANY other club in the sporting world.

Hunslet now look like they are picking up and we are level on points with Haven - going to be a very interesting last 6 games.

We deserve to go down on the strength of these last 2 seasons.

What we're dealing with here is a complete lack of respect for the law

So Keith you think they'll lose to Whitehaven, Hunslet and Doncaster?

Who?   If you mean Batley then you have to ask yourself do you think Town will lose to them 3 teams as well and we have 2 at home, If we beat Hunslet next week and you lose to your neighbours it gets even harder for you to catch us with only 5 more games to play.

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

dropped too many balls , and forced too many passes  , i think you need a live wire hooker and another jarrod sammutt , he has made a huge difference to town  . apart from that your team looked ok to me , its amazing what a decent half back can do for the way a team performs .

dropped too many balls , and forced too many passes , i think you need a live wire hooker and another jarrod sammutt , he has made a huge difference to town . apart from that your team looked ok to me , its amazing what a decent half back can do for the way a team performs .

to be fair there wingers are built like props but got dominated by much smaller opposition. Quick feet and good passing game will dominate power and bulk out wide.

the futures bright,the futures blue and white

We've been saying we're a halfback short of a picnic for 2 years. One comes up such as sammut & you sign him.

I can't see us going down but I can't see us catching Workington either so 6 games left going through the motions in the same way we do with tackles on the field.

I just hope the team match the effort going into the Pink weekend next year.

"If you want us to be the best and if you want us to beat the rest, a BISSA donation is what we need"

Archived