Biggest game of the season?

fredm

to be fair there wingers are built like props but got dominated by much smaller opposition. Quick feet and good passing game will dominate power and bulk out wide.

To be fair,it would greatly help us if our wingers decided to take attacking kicks on the full, rather than choose the exciting option of watching the ball bounce, closely followed by the less exciting option of watching you take the conversion!

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think Kear is doing a cracking job and long may it continue :bye:

You're like a dose of the clap.

Before you arrive its pleasure.but after you're just a pain in the dong.

"you never win a game unless you beat the guy in front of you. The score on the board doesn’t mean a thing. That’s for the fans. You’ve got to win the war with the man in front of you. You’ve got to get your man." - Vince Lombardi.

To be fair,it would greatly help us if our wingers decided to take attacking kicks on the full, rather than choose the exciting option of watching the ball bounce, closely followed by the less exciting option of watching you take the conversion!

yeah your full back today wasn't much better, seemed lively with ball in hand but let far too many balls bounce.

the futures bright,the futures blue and white

Batley fans were singing Kear's praises after the win at Dewsbury. What a difference 2 weeks make.

Hardly.some of us live in the real world.

I and many many others are fully aware of how poorly our team has performed this year, indeed I even admitted that most of us know that dewsbury are the strongest team when all are fit as I fully expect to find out next week.

"you never win a game unless you beat the guy in front of you. The score on the board doesn’t mean a thing. That’s for the fans. You’ve got to win the war with the man in front of you. You’ve got to get your man." - Vince Lombardi.

Batley fans were singing Kear's praises after the win at Dewsbury. What a difference 2 weeks make.

They were the ones who thought we'd make the top four and who eternally refuse to believe anything is wrong even though its running around in front of them for 80 minutes.

The ones with sense saw a return to the dire stuff coming.

Beating a Dewsbury side who played 4 days earlier was always a possibility, even for a team as bad as we are.

What we're dealing with here is a complete lack of respect for the law

Utter dross served up by us today, still too much one man stuff and then others running like crabs ! Last away game of the season for me, can't afford to waste money to watch that dross again, could possibly be my last game of season unless I can find some paint to watch dry.

Utter dross served up by us today, still too much one man stuff and then others running like crabs ! Last away game of the season for me, can't afford to waste money to watch that dross again, could possibly be my last game of season unless I can find some paint to watch dry.

Surely you will be at the Batley vs Dewsbury game next week?

Eddie, nobody was singing Kear's praises, nobody has since the Grand Final. Everyone except the board want him to go, only problem being I don't see any impetus within the board to go for a class replacement. They should do what Halifax did, trawl SL for somebody 'bubbling under', NOT promote from within.

The first twenty was your chance . We started sluggishly and with to many errors , and y over to make ou had plenty of territory and ball , but nothing came of it and upwards

Totally agree. However as DD said ...to watch the ball bounce has always been a "no no".

At 20-12 we were still in it and really should have scored with the amount of ball we had. The Workington players and supporters were very relieved when they went over to make it 26-12.

In my opinion it is just another game that we "Nearly won",,   onwards and upwards we all hope.

Could I thank the Workington supporter who had really no idea about the rules of the game, but kept us entertained. He ended up calling the ref "Kear", and even shouted abuse at the fourth official for letting Brown back after his sin binning after "Only Two and a half minutes" ,God Bless him !!

Do not know where you have got that one from Eddie but I can assure you all the fans "who by the way are die hard supporters" Want shut . Enough is enough and after two seasons of his dire and boring coaching methods he should do the right thing and fall on his sword. The man simply has no idea and his latest gaff of playing another prop at loose forward says it all. We are to put it very bluntly a one dimentional team lacking anything in the halves to create try,s. Just got back from yet another cumbrian disaster . believe me we were after the first 20 mins a shambles. There was talk of improvement when our halves were back playing in tandem after today that myth has been exposed. our season is now over apart from avoiding the drop. So please KEAR GO NOW. As I said enough is enough and his departure may help to bring back the missing fans his brand of boring, pointless excuse for rugby league has induced.

Do not know where you have got that one from Eddie but I can assure you all the fans "who by the way are die hard supporters" Want shut . Enough is enough and after two seasons of his dire and boring coaching methods he should do the right thing and fall on his sword. The man simply has no idea and his latest gaff of playing another prop at loose forward says it all. We are to put it very bluntly a one dimentional team lacking anything in the halves to create try,s. Just got back from yet another cumbrian disaster . believe me we were after the first 20 mins a shambles. There was talk of improvement when our halves were back playing in tandem after today that myth has been exposed. our season is now over apart from avoiding the drop. So please KEAR GO NOW. As I said enough is enough and his departure may help to bring back the missing fans his brand of boring, pointless excuse for rugby league has induced.

Couldnt have put it better myself Graham.

graham spot on again pal

I maintain that we'd have a successful team with the addition of two good halfbacks. We'd have fared much better last season if Black hadn't been ruled out for so long.

If Kear is to blame for not recruiting to sufficient strength when he had the opportunity to bring in a better 6 or 7, then the criticism levelled at him is just and fair. However, if he hasn't been backed and has had to sign players who fit a tight wage structure, then his responsibility is diminished.

I saw Francis Maloney at a petrol station in Earlsheaton a few days ago - the truth of the matter is that, even though he's pushing 40 and a tad overweight, he'd definitely improve us at halfback.

r02c.gif

I thought because of your peanut sized brain and lack of friends......you were retiring from the Batley forum......stick to your word......like a man.....( or stay around like the obvious girl you are )......

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to determine whether or not they are genuine" ....Abraham Lincoln 1809-1865..

I maintain that we'd have a successful team with the addition of two good halfbacks. We'd have fared much better last season if Black hadn't been ruled out for so long.

If Kear is to blame for not recruiting to sufficient strength when he had the opportunity to bring in a better 6 or 7, then the criticism levelled at him is just and fair. However, if he hasn't been backed and has had to sign players who fit a tight wage structure, then his responsibility is diminished.

He was quoted as saying we didnt need another half back a while ago, and has said since the squad is good enough and we will pick up.

Its an open and shut case where the blame lies, we have played the same brand of dire rugby for 2 seasons with changes in personnel along the way not changing things on field.

Theres money there for players as has been well documented, but we could sign Gareth Widdop and Kear would coach the ability out of him, although if Mr Kear wanted to bring someone in, his interviews told a different story.

Maybe hes losing his marbles though, as he talks a lot about attacking rugby on SKY and sounds really impressive, yet doesnt seem to remember any of it on match days with us.

I thought because of your peanut sized brain and lack of friends......you were retiring from the Batley forum......stick to your word......like a man.....( or stay around like the obvious girl you are )......

Time to take your medication keyboard warrior.

Time to take your medication keyboard warrior.

so you are a girl after all....... :girlinlove:

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to determine whether or not they are genuine" ....Abraham Lincoln 1809-1865..

John talks about attacking rugby when commentating but maybe he feels he needs to play a different type of rugby at Batley to suit the type of squad he has?

The recent form has been good and it is never good to over react after one defeat.

Today was always going to be difficult, away against a side in form with a top quality super league stand off.

John talks about attacking rugby when commentating but maybe he feels he needs to play a different type of rugby at Batley to suit the type of squad he has?

The recent form has been good and it is never good to over react after one defeat.

Today was always going to be difficult, away against a side in form with a top quality super league stand off.

good form,? a couple a games when we seemed to play like we can aint cutting it, we have come just short so many times due to not having the old head gaffer on the pitch same as sammut/moore/finny type player, everyone  including the fans seem to have known this for far too long and the lack of commitment by the bod will no doubt dwindle the fanbase even more, sad times due am afraid to say.

Archived