Kyle Eastmond Back to Rugby.

Whens he out of contract with Barf

I'm sure he signed an extended contract just after his spat with bath last year. Not sure how long it was for but I'm sure if he's not happy and wants to come home it could be bought out.

I'm sure he signed an extended contract just after his spat with bath last year. Not sure how long it was for but I'm sure if he's not happy and wants to come home it could be bought out.

Do you mean just after he went home at half time because nobody was passing to him?

The rumours all say Warrington... so he is dead set certain to go to either Leeds, St Helens, Wigan, Huddersfield, Castleford, Hull FC, Catalans, Widnes, Hull KR, Salford or Wakefield.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Thought I heard on Sky during tonight's game that Warrington have denied having signed him, which probably means they are just ironing out the details. There again I was watching in the pub so could be imagining it

You heard correctly, that was what was said by Eddie'n'Stevo.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Gee thats Fuifui Moimoi like of him.... did Eastmond not realise what union was like particularly English union when signed for bath?

He probably didn't care when he saw what his bank balance would be! 

"If Rugby League had never been Invented, today we would only have Rugby League"

Kyle Eastmond is under contract to Bath until 2016

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/rugbyunion/club/10614774/Kyle-Eastmond-extends-Bath-contract-as-Nick-Abendanon-completes-Clermont-Auvergne-switch.html

Of course as he is nowhere near the England Union side perhaps like Joel Tomkins he will find himself under pressure to retain a place in his club side at cashed up Bath and therefore will be coming "home" to any RL club that wants him. .

When the pinch comes the common people will turn out to be more intelligent than the clever ones. I certainly hope so.

George Orwell

image.png.5fe5424fdf31c5004e2aad945309f68e.png

You either own NFTs or women’s phone numbers but not both

Kyle Eastmond is under contract to Bath until 2016

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/rugbyunion/club/10614774/Kyle-Eastmond-extends-Bath-contract-as-Nick-Abendanon-completes-Clermont-Auvergne-switch.html

Of course as he is nowhere near the England Union side perhaps like Joel Tomkins he will find himself under pressure to retain a place in his club side at cashed up Bath and therefore will be coming "home" to any RL club that wants him. .

It's a bit pedantic but did you notice that isn't kyle eastmond in the photo but Jamie Joseph. Good to see that it's not just RL that suffers from lazy journalism.

He will only be contracted until May 31 2016 which is only 10 months. I reckon this will be announced some time in October and Kyle will join a club in the new year. Unlike some I think Eastmond will become a massive star again in RL. He had tonnes of skill and pace his problem was attitude. He will have matured for sure.

He will only be contracted until May 31 2016 which is only 10 months. I reckon this will be announced some time in October and Kyle will join a club in the new year. Unlike some I think Eastmond will become a massive star again in RL. He had tonnes of skill and pace his problem was attitude. He will have matured for sure.

He had two problems; attitude and a run of injuries. He's older and wiser, and seems to have had a good run of games without injury. Good signs on both counts.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Same here. It still sticks in the throat that we never got to see that promising halfback partnership of Tompkins/eastmond for England, especially after the 2009 four nations game against the Aussies at Wigan. Who knows we could yet still see it with maybe Sam moving into the halves and kyle which I think is dead set on coming back to league.

He had two problems; attitude and a run of injuries. He's older and wiser, and seems to have had a good run of games without injury. Good signs on both counts.

Staying injury free as an outside back in Union is a hell of a lot easier to stay injury free playing in league. I bet Eastmond is involved in 6 or 7 collisions a game in Union compared to anywhere between 20 and 30 in league.

Ha I hope you are mockingly copying the telegraph's poor journalism as that is actually Jonathan Joseph pictured there.

lol

I wasn't actually, shows how much I know and care about Union.

Its a big gamble for someone to take on Eastmond. If he comes back then he would have to be someone's marquee player, but even then you have to wonder whether he's worth £175K on anyone's cap (£100K in Saints case).

Before he left he had injury problems and a bad attitude and had spent very little time in the halves to develop his game (he spent half his last season at wing / centre and played centre in the GF). He's been out the game for a few years so he wont have developed any half back skills playing centre for Bath. 

He obviously had lots of natural talent & ability, that was always the case and there for all to see. I do think he'll come back but I doub't he will make a massive impact in his 1st year as it will take time to adjust back to league, so someone needs lots of patience with him before they see a good return on their £175K.

St.Helens - The Home of record breaking Rugby Champions

Its a big gamble for someone to take on Eastmond. If he comes back then he would have to be someone's marquee player, but even then you have to wonder whether he's worth £175K on anyone's cap (£100K in Saints case).

Before he left he had injury problems and a bad attitude and had spent very little time in the halves to develop his game (he spent half his last season at wing / centre and played centre in the GF). He's been out the game for a few years so he wont have developed any half back skills playing centre for Bath. 

He obviously had lots of natural talent & ability, that was always the case and there for all to see. I do think he'll come back but I doub't he will make a massive impact in his 1st year as it will take time to adjust back to league, so someone needs lots of patience with him before they see a good return on their £175K.

I think it was actually worse than this. He played centre in the 2009 Grand Final and I believe he scored all of our points on that occasion. His last season was in 2011 and he didn't make our Grand Final squad for one reason or another that year. He started that season in the halves and didn't exactly excel there, I remember some of the options he took on the opening day against Wigan in Cardiff were baffling, and it didn't take long for him to fall out of favour (if I remember correctly then Saints suspended him for gesturing at their fans). Lomax and Gaskell easily outshone him.

I agree with your assessment of him, he's no doubt a talented player but I really don't know where he fits in or whether he'd be worth the gamble. He looked decent at fullback on occasions but it's a fading memory now. He was never our answer to Tomkins and certainly didn't live up to the hype that he came into our first team squad with.

I'm not sure there would be too much reason for a big fuss if he came back, and he has an awful lot to prove before anyone even starts talking about him being selected for England again.

If he did return to Saints I'd welcome him back, but for me he wouldn't be any sort of returning hero.

The rumours all say Warrington... so he is dead set certain to go to either Leeds, St Helens, Wigan, Huddersfield, Castleford, Hull FC, Catalans, Widnes, Hull KR, Salford or Wakefield.

we don't need eastmond we've got tom gilmore

"Why is Napoleon crying ?" said one sailor to the other, "poor ###### thinks he's being exiled to st helens" came the reply.

https://scontent-a-lhr.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn2/1455957_262746450543197_276002364_n.jpg

Archived