Kyle Eastmond Back to Rugby.

No direct quotes from Tony Smith regarding Eastmond, but claim's he's not going to Warrington. Though it is from the Mirror.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/rugby-league/england-union-world-cup-reject-6235875

Newham Dockers - Champions 2013. Rugby League For East London. 100% Cockney Rugby League!

Twitter: @NewhamDockersRL - Get following!

www.newhamdockers.co.uk

Maybe Asotasi staying?

Ha ha ha I hope so !

One of main reasons Eastmond gave for switching to union was to play Internationals and he no doubt had this world cup in mind. Now he's been cut from the squad with his world cup dream over I do think he's likely to switch back to league sooner rather than later.

Question now is where will he end up ?

Salford - possibly as i'm sure the Doc would rather have Eastmond than Dobson any day - but would he want to go to such a poor team ?

Hull - possibly,  but that would mean dropping Pryce or Sneyd

Saints - possibly given he would only cost them £100K on the cap and neither of their halves are performing

Hudderfield - possibly with Brough nearing the end of his career and Ellis not exactly a top class half back

Cas - Doubtful they could afford to pay his wage demands

Leeds - Doubtful given they have Sutcliffe & McGuire with Burrow as back-up

Wigan - Doubtful as they have Smith & Williams

Catalans Doubtful as they have Myler & Carney with Bosc as back-up

Warrington - No chance now as they have no cap space after signing Sandow

HKR - Doubtful given they have Kelly & Campese with Blair as back-up

St.Helens - The Home of record breaking Rugby Champions

Can't really see Eastmond going to anyone other than one of the top teams.. Wigan probably could afford him, but where would he fit in?.. Hull could be an option, replacing Pryce. Do Saints fans really want Eastmond back after the way he acted in his last season? Salford could be an option also, but who in their right mind would really want to go there at the moment?

Maybe the lack of space at the top clubs might postpone any move for Eastmond for another season..

Wonder if he'd consider the NRL as an option. Remember reading an interview with him some years back where he said he'd like a crack at the NRL.

Newham Dockers - Champions 2013. Rugby League For East London. 100% Cockney Rugby League!

Twitter: @NewhamDockersRL - Get following!

www.newhamdockers.co.uk

Harrison to prop maybe?

Somebody on a different thread made the point about Westwood maybe moving to prop, and this could be a good shout, along with Harrison whilst we develop the young lads to come through at prop.

Somebody on a different thread made the point about Westwood maybe moving to prop, and this could be a good shout, along with Harrison whilst we develop the young lads to come through at prop.

My earlier point, I agree re Harrison too. Would give us 4 good hardworking effective props to interchange and share the workload: Hill, Sims, Westwood, Harrison plus George King / Ben Evans to develop further. Currie / Hughes / Grix / Laithwaite / Philbin / Wilde to compete for back row places. I'm happy with that, but would like to see Briers or A N Other promoted to be Tony's right hand man.

Can't really see Eastmond going to anyone other than one of the top teams.. Wigan probably could afford him, but where would he fit in?.. Hull could be an option, replacing Pryce. Do Saints fans really want Eastmond back after the way he acted in his last season? Salford could be an option also, but who in their right mind would really want to go there at the moment?

Maybe the lack of space at the top clubs might postpone any move for Eastmond for another season..

Wonder if he'd consider the NRL as an option. Remember reading an interview with him some years back where he said he'd like a crack at the NRL.

I think that eastmond spending another season at bath is looking the more likely option what with the top teams like Warrington, Wigan and Leeds etc ruling themselves out of signing him due to either spending their salary cap or having cover in the halves. As for him going back to saints I really can't see this happening due to him leaving them in 2011 under a cloud but you never know in sport and as for him going to Salford again like people have already said why would he go to a club that's a complete basket case.

As for him going back to saints I really can't see this happening due to him leaving them in 2011 under a cloud but you never know in sport

I think he parted on reasonably good terms with the Saints board, there were no acrimonious comments made from either side after he'd gone. The issue was largely between him and a section of the fans, particularly after the gestures he made to the crowd at one game when they were giving him a bit of stick because he was having a really poor game.

Clubs continue to sign average overseas players when they should be making room for a class young player in Eastmond. I wouldn't care who signed him but hope he does come back to RL.

Everything under the sun is in tune

But the sun is eclipsed by the moon

If he does come back, he should play 1.

I think that will depend on which club he signed for if he was to come back but it's a good shout, less pressure than if he was in the halves and I just can't see him as a centre in league.

I think those moves have some merit, but I genuinely think our pack problem runs deeper than signing Hughes and shifting a few others to different positions. As you say, we're short at prop and I can't help thinking it is a Mike Cooper or a Paul Wood sized hole.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

I think he could do well in the NRL and obviously earn similar wages are his Union contract.

No NRL club will pay him what he earns in union. His Bath contract is worth in the region of £200K and with the england top-ups this takes it near the £300K mark.

Thats equivalent to $600K and no-one will pay that to a player who's been out of the game for years and never established themselves as a top line RL player before they left. To put it into perspective James Graham earns around this much and he's the Bulldogs captain, one of if not the best prop in the game and an established international. Eastmond would be lucky to be offered half this amount.

Let us not fall into the trap of thinking that Eastmond is a Rugby League player, he's not and hasn't been for a long time.

So how can he be considered as a marquee signing when he hasn't been tested at SL level, never mind talk of the NRL.

No NRL club will pay him what he earns in union. His Bath contract is worth in the region of £200K and with the england top-ups this takes it near the £300K mark.

Thats equivalent to $600K and no-one will pay that to a player who's been out of the game for years and never established themselves as a top line RL player before they left. To put it into perspective James Graham earns around this much and he's the Bulldogs captain, one of if not the best prop in the game and an established international. Eastmond would be lucky to be offered half this amount.

Spot on....I just hope no one takes him on as a marquee player. It sends out the wrong message, that you have to switch codes to be considered a marquee player.

I think what Saints need is stability and to sign up Burns and Walsh on very long term contracts. Eastmond would only disrupt the direction those half backs could take them...

Jeez sign Burns and Walsh long term are you joking,Burns is average at best and Walsh cant defend at all or take the line on.

Ah just noticed your a Wigan fan

Archived