Marketing Matches

coolie

Maybe you should go support batley and enjoy there hospitality , people like you with negative comments we do not need . We are always looking for help and ideas so please come and join us instead of mouthing off on here. You need to be banned from this forum .

Maybe you should go support batley and enjoy there hospitality , people like you with negative comments we do not need . We are always looking for help and ideas so please come and join us instead of mouthing off on here. You need to be banned from this forum .

I've a special button on my forum page

It's called the " sixth talking no sense"

It stops me seeing DUMB PEOPLE

;)

Use it I have ;)

It seems strange that clubs (my own included) are willing to push the bost out on signing players but won't invest in somone to market the the club etc. And grow crowds and sponsorship that would finance better players! Just imagine if TC worked fulltime for Dewdbury!!!

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

It seems strange that clubs (my own included) are willing to push the bost out on signing players but won't invest in somone to market the the club etc. And grow crowds and sponsorship that would finance better players! Just imagine if TC worked fulltime for Dewdbury!!!

Clubs spending disproportionate amounts of money on their playing staff isn't a new or rare thing.

It's commonplace across our sport and most other team sports.

In a perfect world, clubs would spend less on buying players and more on things like youth development and marketing strategy, but professional sport is cut-throat and the reality is that clubs can't afford NOT to spend money on players.

Doncaster cut their playing budget this year and they've nose-dived.

Yes, they might have been able to save money to invest in other areas, or even post a profit, but will that count for much when they're on a coach down to Oxford next season?

It's sad, but that's just how it is.

Without a very wealthy benefactor clubs have to choose what to spend their money on.

Unfortunately, stuff like PR, marketing, communications and commercial is an expensive luxury.

Tom

...but on a more positive note, there's lot we can do to market the club, and that the club and volunteers are already doing.

• A deal struck with the company that produces our programmes to produce posters promoting every home game. This has happened for every game so far this season
  • A strong social media campaign, which has been spearheaded by Oliver Roby. We'll be producing a report at the end of the season, but the growth of the Twitter and Facebook pages this year, thanks to Oli's hard work, has been huge
  • A strong PR and comms campaign. Projecting good news to the media and the local public as frequently as possible. Our attendance increase story was picked up by quite a few newspapers, which results in excellent, positive publicity for the club
  • Community partnerships with local organisations. We've had junior games at matches again this season, linking us with local clubs, and we've made some small inroads in to Ossett and Gawthorpe (expansion areas for the club in terms of fan base) through the 'Amber Ribbon song' project
  • An enhancement of the match-day experience for supporters through the total renovation of the South Stand bar. I think the changes here will make a huge impression on first-time visitors, especially those just tagging along with a mate as an excuse for a few pints

That's all been done through the power of volunteering.

Tom

John's right, rather than winge about things why not volunteer to help put things in place? Use you're energy on that? I do agree with what you say about promoting the club but found you're yawn comment rather ignorant, considering Toms hard work. I know you do amazingley have the club at heart, although some wouldn't think, and you do at times make some decent points. This season the clubs promoted itself a lot lot better. However we can still do a lot more. The thing that frustrates me is our lack of links with our amatuer teams? We should do more to try get these kids to games IMO. Why not give every amatuer Local RL kid a free season ticket next season?

Not interested in what? Like I say just ignorant haha. Take it the list is growing haha. Tom? Me? Nick? John? Anymore??? Let's face it the people named have all got off their ***** to try move the club forward all voluntary too along with other hard working volunteers ? What you done other then constantly mock it?? I don't mind the mocking too much but found you're yawn quite dissapointing to be honest considering the work Tom does, like I say shame you don't put the same energy in to club as the named few, oooohhhh I forgot you're not interested haha!!

Oh I love my new best friend

"the post is hidden because you chose to ignore posts by ####### (I put the asterisk in so it's not a naughty word)

Why didn't I find this button earlier

My life would have been far easier :)

Oh I love my new best friend

"the post is hidden because you chose to ignore posts by ####### (I put the asterisk in so it's not a naughty word)

Why didn't I find this button earlier

My life would have been far easier :)

I don't have a clue what this is about, I'm lost

On your profile settings you can choose to "ignore" named members

Just think of all the interesting posts you'll miss out on!!

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

On your profile settings you can choose to "ignore" named members

Just think of all the interesting posts you'll miss out on!!

It's called tunnel vision mate

Seems to work for everybody else ;)

It's like suddenly waking up and finding

You no longer give a da.mn

Quite therapeutic ;)

He's probably been to more Batley games this season and yet he calls himself a Dewsbury fan. I wonder who he will be shouting for this Sunday. Sad thing is if we make it to the Shield final he will probably be there cheering for the club.  :notme: 

Not interested in what? Like I say just ignorant haha. Take it the list is growing haha. Tom? Me? Nick? John? Anymore??? Let's face it the people named have all got off their ***** to try move the club forward all voluntary too along with other hard working volunteers ? What you done other then constantly mock it?? I don't mind the mocking too much but found you're yawn quite dissapointing to be honest considering the work Tom does, like I say shame you don't put the same energy in to club as the named few, oooohhhh I forgot you're not interested haha!!

The true Dewsbury fans appreciate the work that Tom and all the other volunteers do in and around the club. Maybe Coolie should leave our forum and join the Batley forum as there's lots of negativity on there - he'd be in his element! :bye:

The true Dewsbury fans appreciate the work that Tom and all the other volunteers do in and around the club. Maybe Coolie should leave our forum and join the Batley forum as there's lots of negativity on there - he'd be in his element! :bye:

Sorry Eddie, but it's an open forum, and everybody is entitled to their opinion - democracy and all that. Coolie may give opinions that upset some forum members, but take away the cynicism, and much of what Coolie posts is constructive, if not always politically correct. Incidentally - Dogs posters might construe your contributions on their forum as slightly negative and none too welcome, so live and let live eh ? ;)  

Censorship ends in logical completeness when nobody is allowed to read any books except the books that nobody reads.

George Bernard Shaw.

Agreed Grumpy - people in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Sorry Eddie, but it's an open forum, and everybody is entitled to their opinion - democracy and all that. Coolie may give opinions that upset some forum members, but take away the cynicism, and much of what Coolie posts is constructive, if not always politically correct. Incidentally - Dogs posters might construe your contributions on their forum as slightly negative and none too welcome, so live and let live eh ? ;)  

That maybe true of me on the Batley forum, but I'm not the one slagging off our coach, club and efforts by volunteers on our own forum!

Sorry Eddie, but it's an open forum, and everybody is entitled to their opinion - democracy and all that. Coolie may give opinions that upset some forum members, but take away the cynicism, and much of what Coolie posts is constructive, if not always politically correct. Incidentally - Dogs posters might construe your contributions on their forum as slightly negative and none too welcome, so live and let live eh ? ;)

Well you've got to hand it to Coolie. He's reaching new heights at the moment!

Well you've got to hand it to Coolie. He's reaching new heights at the moment!

its ok i can no longer see his anti dewsbury negative comments anymore as i have totally blocked him. just totally ignore him he does things like this to get the attention.

Archived