Boundary Park

The Baron Mk11

IF this is true, it's a disgrace that he neglected to inform anyone of the potential for this, despite assurances we would receive some sort of update weeks ago. Then CH cancelled a meeting on Monday which was supposed to discuss ground arrangements, saying there was 'no progress to report', but on Thursday an announcement is made about the ground.

Don't get me wrong, it's great news, and I will certainly start attending games again if that is the case.

However, if it is true, I will take no further part in meetings. It has become clear the club simply will not share information with supporters and potential investors and that regarding Monday's meeting, we may have been straight up lied to.

perhaps he was meeting with Simon corney on Monday. Because before that there had been a denial about BP. Might have been at a delicate stage?

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Before you all get carried away based on further rumour, conjecture etc. - following reference to Boundary Park in last night's rugby programme, Jack Dearden did actually comment further saying he did not think this report was necessarily true. Also, on the weekly live interview with CH on Community Radio this morning, no reference was made to such matters, just a concentration on taking each match, one at a time.

We'll all know in 6 weeks time, IF, WHERE, WHEN ETC. so let's just concentrate on supporting the lads week by week for now. The next few weeks will be much more enjoyable that way.     

Hope the news about boundry park is true with its new stand I'm sure the council will have been involved. More important is a trip to a new ground to support such a grand set of lads. Then a trip to the whether by whaler on the way home , hopefully with my usawell grin.

Do you remember what time you heard that geoff?

Didn't hear it myself but 2 separate sources said they had just as we were going into our monthly RO meeting.

Could be a rehash of MEN story that CH denied but it would be sloppy journalism by Jack Dearden and team if so.

Also ties in with CH saying he had a big announcement coming up c. 6/8 weeks ago

perhaps he was meeting with Simon corney on Monday. Because before that there had been a denial about BP. Might have been at a delicate stage?

But it was announced on Monday morning in the Rugby League Press.........

QUIS CUSTODIAT IPSOS CUSTODES

It's well known "Latics" have struggled to finance the new stand. They want it and the stadium generating cash 12 months of the year. They won't ignore what's on their doorstep. This ship hasn't sailed, watch this space.

I believe the stadium owners and the underwriters of the new stand (the council) would love the rugby club there.

A lease fee, food and drink sales, potential parking revenue, plus added marketing revenue (in stadium ads) and hospitality. Extra press coverage and potential tv exposure.

No one wants a dead asset for a third of a year.

I am afraid I am the bearer of bad news, this has been mentioned before but it is not correct.

Although the money came from the Council for the new stand, it was a debt owed to Latics after OMBC debacle of FAilsworth. So the Council have no say on who uses BP. The money was in lieu of being sued. They are far from underwriting it.

The difficulty with the stand is not as it first appears. THe contractor building it works in the ticket office as a volunteer on match days and has built the stand at a very good price, and been very flexible to allow modification for the new Events Centre. This has been done without the usual costs were it a standard contractor.

The money has been tight, but has been funded by several cup runs, and player sales.

There has been quite a lot of scurrilous reports about the stand but all have been proved unfounded. THe latest is that the foundations are suspect. This is after the Building Inspector approved them, it was intimated the whole stand would have to be rebuilt!!...

The latest delay is Northwestern Energy intalling the electicity main. Down to them, but you know what they are like.

In a years time the stand will be self financing., and be at contributor to the Latics coffers

and hopefully transfer fund.

hat is not to say it would not be welcome to have Roughyeds at BP, a vocal minority might not but many would.

Of course, it nearly all depends on the relationship between SC, CH and the Latics manager.

It certainly is not a case of financial difficulties dictating the need.

Several times we were asked to treat certain information as not for public

I'm with mark bridges that were built have simply been knocked down

With regards to lsv u know it won't be free but it will be cheaper than bp.

I still think bp would be the best option but will it happen I'm not sure

I am afraid I am the bearer of bad news, this has been mentioned before but it is not correct.

Although the money came from the Council for the new stand, it was a debt owed to Latics after OMBC debacle of FAilsworth. So the Council have no say on who uses BP. The money was in lieu of being sued. They are far from underwriting it.

The difficulty with the stand is not as it first appears. THe contractor building it works in the ticket office as a volunteer on match days and has built the stand at a very good price, and been very flexible to allow modification for the new Events Centre. This has been done without the usual costs were it a standard contractor.

The money has been tight, but has been funded by several cup runs, and player sales.

There has been quite a lot of scurrilous reports about the stand but all have been proved unfounded. THe latest is that the foundations are suspect. This is after the Building Inspector approved them, it was intimated the whole stand would have to be rebuilt!!...

The latest delay is Northwestern Energy intalling the electicity main. Down to them, but you know what they are like.

In a years time the stand will be self financing., and be at contributor to the Latics coffers

and hopefully transfer fund.

hat is not to say it would not be welcome to have Roughyeds at BP, a vocal minority might not but many would.

Of course, it nearly all depends on the relationship between SC, CH and the Latics manager.

It certainly is not a case of financial difficulties dictating the need.

That sounds like an Oldham Athletic spin doctor wrote that. Haha. What you say could be true.

Just I heard a different story about them running out of finance last year. That was when the work stopped for a good few months on the new stand.

​​ 

​THE NORTH OF ENGLAND WITH A POPULATION OF NEARLY 17 MILLION PEOPLE IS THE TRUE EXPANSION AREA FOR RUGBY LEAGUE........IF IT CAN'T EXPAND HERE, WHERE CAN IT EXPAND?

​                       

​                        

With regards to lsv u know it won't be free but it will be cheaper than bp.

I still think bp would be the best option but will it happen I'm not sure

LSV - cheaper rent & 200 fans

BP - dearer rent & 1000+fans..

Its not even a difficult choice

OLDHAM RLFC

the 8TH most successful team in british RL

I've heard all this nonsense before, in lieu of being sued? How could Latics,a club worth 25p, make a case for a 6.5million law suit. Rubbish. You use the word debt. So you are saying Latics gave the council 6 million quid and the council owed it to them. Bullocks.

Latics are almost as big a joke as our lot. Stop blaming northwestern electric. They had a slot to sort that stand but the project was so badly managed they missed their slot and are now trying to blame someone else for the slowest build in history.

I went to Boundary Park today for Oldham v Fleetwood as a guest of someone reasonably well connected. He's dead against 'Roughyeds' playing there. ( But we'll change his mind) Anyway he spoke to a few of the gaffers there. Subtly trying to find some info. He didn't get an answer. Just a change of subject. Also the new stand won't be open until November, but those in the know reckon after Christmas is more likely.

Now my visit today to Boundary Park doesn't mean anything. Just a bit of sniffing about round the directors and hearing nothing of substance. But we never heard a definitive "This won't happen"

One thing i did pick-up on though was. We all might be focusing on the wrong stand. Next season the old main stand might be the one that needs using. Because they're trying to move all the old diehards into the new stand including all those that use the hospitality. Leaving this stand a bit of a liability. Just a wild guess. But I wouldn't be surprised if this stand is leased to 'Roughyeds'

​​ 

​THE NORTH OF ENGLAND WITH A POPULATION OF NEARLY 17 MILLION PEOPLE IS THE TRUE EXPANSION AREA FOR RUGBY LEAGUE........IF IT CAN'T EXPAND HERE, WHERE CAN IT EXPAND?

​                       

​                        

Thats something i proposed a while ago,roughyeds taking over the old main stand..with a promise,in time,to replace that stand with a new,modern,stand..

Well your proposal might be the one that's being discussed. (If at all) It's going to be a major financial headache for 'Latics' They cant afford to replace it, and they can't afford the up keep of it. So if 'Roughyeds' were? to takeover the running, maintenance, insurance ect. It could be a problem solver for Oldham Athletic. But who knows? It's all speculation.

​​ 

​                       

​                        

I've heard all this nonsense before, in lieu of being sued? How could Latics,a club worth 25p, make a case for a 6.5million law suit. Rubbish. You use the word debt. So you are saying Latics gave the council 6 million quid and the council owed it to them. Bullocks.

Latics are almost as big a joke as our lot. Stop blaming northwestern electric. They had a slot to sort that stand but the project was so badly managed they missed their slot and are now trying to blame someone else for the slowest build in history.

I never said the Council owed Latics £6m, it's nowhere near that.

It's not speculation if you do a cursory bit if research you will see that it has been confirmed by OMBC.

I am not blaming Northwestern Energy, NWE have confirmed it by their response. It is reported that they were in this week anyway.

We've been through all this and the sources are a complete joke. Believe who you want.

All I am saying is do not get raised hopes it will happen due to financial difficulties, because that won't be the case.

Well your proposal might be the one that's being discussed. (If at all) It's going to be a major financial headache for 'Latics' They cant afford to replace it, and they can't afford the up keep of it. So if 'Roughyeds' were? to takeover the running, maintenance, insurance ect. It could be a problem solver for Oldham Athletic. But who knows? It's all speculation.

it is all speculation. Wildly so.

I went to Boundary Park today for Oldham v Fleetwood as a guest of someone reasonably well connected. He's dead against 'Roughyeds' playing there. ( But we'll change his mind) Anyway he spoke to a few of the gaffers there. Subtly trying to find some info. He didn't get an answer. Just a change of subject. Also the new stand won't be open until November, but those in the know reckon after Christmas is more likely.

Now my visit today to Boundary Park doesn't mean anything. Just a bit of sniffing about round the directors and hearing nothing of substance. But we never heard a definitive "This won't happen"

One thing i did pick-up on though was. We all might be focusing on the wrong stand. Next season the old main stand might be the one that needs using. Because they're trying to move all the old diehards into the new stand including all those that use the hospitality. Leaving this stand a bit of a liability. Just a wild guess. But I wouldn't be surprised if this stand is leased to 'Roughyeds'

More incorrect facts I am afraid. They are not trying to move all the die hards to the new stand. They have already moved the fans from the Chaddy End to the Rochdale Road End.

The Chaddy End is now home to away fans. At that time, many fans bought tickets for the new stand. To some surprise it has to be said.

The main stand still holds the Directors, the Board room and changing rooms. With no plans to move to the new stand as that will be full.

The main stand will not be built till it can be afforded. The new stand won't pay for itself till start of 2016/7 season.

That sounds like an Oldham Athletic spin doctor wrote that. Haha. What you say could be true.

Just I heard a different story about them running out of finance last year. That was when the work stopped for a good few months on the new stand.

OAFC spin ha ha. The work stopped due to a) the weather at the time was biblically wet B) the contractor dealing with the cladding was dispensed with.

I have seen quite a few scurrilous rumours being debunked.

Including November and December dates, some of which has been disproved.

Nobody knows for sure what the future holds for us.I for one would just happy for us to finally gain our much wanted promotion. Whether we do go up or don't and whether we are playing in Oldham isn't known yet.I hope either way we stay in Oldham. I honestly think the club will suffer greatly if NOT playing in Oldham. I think we as a whole have suffered enough.Let's try and enjoy the moments this fantastic team is giving us.COME ON OLDHAM. Bring it on!.

it is all speculation. Wildly so.

No Sherlock, this being an Internet forum and all.

​​ 

​                       

​                        

OAFC spin ha ha. The work stopped due to a) the weather at the time was biblically wet B) the contractor dealing with the cladding was dispensed with.

I have seen quite a few scurrilous rumours being debunked.

Including November and December dates, some of which has been disproved.

When you start quoting real names, and can back them up with concrete facts then kudos to you. But until then you're post are just speculation like everybody elses. I actually gave a caveat with my post. You bark your posts out as if they're gospel.

​​ 

​                       

​                        

More incorrect facts I am afraid. They are not trying to move all the die hards to the new stand. They have already moved the fans from the Chaddy End to the Rochdale Road End.

The Chaddy End is now home to away fans. At that time, many fans bought tickets for the new stand. To some surprise it has to be said.

The main stand still holds the Directors, the Board room and changing rooms. With no plans to move to the new stand as that will be full.

The main stand will not be built till it can be afforded. The new stand won't pay for itself till start of 2016/7 season.

"Trying to move all the diehards" TRYING

​​ 

​                       

​                        

Archived