If he's our marquee player

We might as well pack up and move to championship 1 when he goes

Because we'll be clueless without him

But....

Might be a breath of fresh air and what we need

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just seemed flat today. The forwards wee outplayed, scored6 tries but the defence was very weak.

We need Seymour back to take the pressure off Thackery. Wildie offers no threat with the ball, Crookes still cannot defend with any consistency.

The only good news was Pryce showed some enthusiasm and Aizue was probably the pick of the forwards.

I'll Start with the positives

Joel was excellent today and perhaps more importantly kept his head when being fouled and wound up by Whitehaven.

Conroy tackled far better than against batley.

Pryce played really well shame about the knock he got and spicer was again brilliant.

Aizue was rampant and made plenty of yards

But that was it really we completely lost the battle in the middle of the park and I'm not sure how it can be changed with this squad.

www.dewsburyramstv.co.uk - free highlights service

I'll Start with the positives

Joel was excellent today and perhaps more importantly kept his head when being fouled and wound up by Whitehaven.

Conroy tackled far better than against batley.

Pryce played really well shame about the knock he got and spicer was again brilliant.

Aizue was rampant and made plenty of yards

But that was it really we completely lost the battle in the middle of the park and I'm not sure how it can be changed with this squad.

We need some beef in the pack that's for sure, but the defense needs to be worked on 

The future's bright, the future's RED AMBER & BLACK!

http://www.jmgaskets-seals.co.uk/ image.png.96e4130d8b139666bf34e8fcdead30d9.png

After 20 minutes we were looking good today. Then, Nash comes on and spills the ball. The next set Haven are in. Not long after he gives a stupid penalty away and Haven are in again at the next set. That lad is looking more like Mat Haggarty with every game he plays.

Did everyone see Jason Crookes throw a pathetic pass into touch on the 2nd tackle in the 2nd half also? Have a guess what happened in the next set? Haven score again.

That's 18 points we gifted them. Let's work on the little things and then the big things will take care of themselves.

Nicely worked try by Wildie, that's about it.

"We didn't stick to the gameplan. We looked tired and the talk dropped off, I've never seen so many passes go to ground"

Dewsbury Rams suffered their first Super 8s defeat after falling to a 42-30 reverse at the hands of Whitehaven at the Tetley's Stadium. 

Read Oliver Roby's official match report and comments from Glenn Morrison: http://www.dewsburyrams.co.uk/article/44751/kingstone-press-championship-dewsbury-

Tom

Just seemed flat today. The forwards wee outplayed, scored6 tries but the defence was very weak.

We need Seymour back to take the pressure off Thackery. Wildie offers no threat with the ball, Crookes still cannot defend with any consistency.

The only good news was Pryce showed some enthusiasm and Aizue was probably the pick of the forwards.

Wildie was twice as good as Thackeray today. Both centres played well until Pryce got injured. Our fullback appears to have the turning circle of a supertanker.

But really, when we are 10-0 in front why oh why did GM take off the whole of the front row at the same time?

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

You signed byron 3 years too late

'Shaw cross juniors, Birkenshaw, Mirfield, Heckmondwike Panthers, Stainland Stags and then the Heavy woolen donkeys... WARDY, STOZZA, GT, KARL OR KEAR MUST OF DROPPED A DIGIT FROM MY MOBILE NUMBER! :clapping:

You signed byron 3 years too late

I see the candy coat sh'te brigade appear to be missing this evening ;)

Must be working over in the icing & sugarcoating dept tonight

Well they have a lot to sweeten

For the public consumption ;)

Agree with a lot of the above comments, but Wildie did the best with the service he got, we went three times and scored three times.

Crooked was a waste of space.

Thackeray was very poor and should have been taken off earlier.

It's time for some fresh blood from the second team, players who will try and who will STICK TO THE GAME PLAN.

That was embarassing today.

I do find it surprising that no more A team players have been given a chance. Putting Crookes in the 17 must have been like a kick in the teeth for a couple of them. Let's hope that they don't start to look elsewhere for opportunities.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

I do find it surprising that no more A team players have been given a chance. Putting Crookes in the 17 must have been like a kick in the teeth for a couple of them. Let's hope that they don't start to look elsewhere for opportunities.

Spot on. Crookes v sam Dunn. No brainer!

That was embarassing today.

What I found embarrassing was the lack of cover down our right - and up the middle too.

It has to be said, our defence is shocking. We just cannot bring anyone down quickly. If the game plan is to tackle like that then it is no wonder we cannot compete.

Well done Whitehaven, they deserved that win.

Legs, Dews, Legs.

Wildie was twice as good as Thackeray today. Both centres played well until Pryce got injured. Our fullback appears to have the turning circle of a supertanker.

But really, when we are 10-0 in front why oh why did GM take off the whole of the front row at the same time?

I can only assume you're Wildie's dad BSJ. It would have been more accurate to say that Wildie was no worse than Thacks yesterday, but give some credit to Haven - they snuffed out his threat by getting in his face and denying him the time and space to create anything. Wildie still has nothing to offer IMO, but then you could have said that about a few of the players yesterday. All I took from the match yesterday, was that twenty minutes of Aizue is more effective than sixty minutes of all the other props on display put together. That if Thacks's threat is snuffed out, there's nothing else to fall back on. That the Morton/Grady partnership is defensively fragile - seems to me the opposition get walk in tries with disconcerting regularity down that flank (two from Calvert yesterday, who was bandaged up and limping all afternoon). Crookes, Nash - nuff said. I have to assume Uiasele was unavailable - I can't think of any other reason he wouldn't at least have been on the bench. The only good thing to come out of the afternoon for me was that by leaving with five or ten minutes to go, I avoided the cloudburst (but missed Grants try).

Censorship ends in logical completeness when nobody is allowed to read any books except the books that nobody reads.

George Bernard Shaw.

To whoever the cap fits ;)

If you do mean me then just say.

However, I / we weren't 'missing'.

I worked 50 hours last week + another 6 on Sunday, but we still made sure we had a match report and quotes from the head coach online within three hours of the game ending.

So don't accuse me of going 'missing'.

Cheers.

Tom

I can only assume you're Wildie's dad BSJ. It would have been more accurate to say that Wildie was no worse than Thacks yesterday, but give some credit to Haven - they snuffed out his threat by getting in his face and denying him the time and space to create anything. Wildie still has nothing to offer IMO, but then you could have said that about a few of the players yesterday. All I took from the match yesterday, was that twenty minutes of Aizue is more effective than sixty minutes of all the other props on display put together. That if Thacks's threat is snuffed out, there's nothing else to fall back on. That the Morton/Grady partnership is defensively fragile - seems to me the opposition get walk in tries with disconcerting regularity down that flank (two from Calvert yesterday, who was bandaged up and limping all afternoon). Crookes, Nash - nuff said. I have to assume Uiasele was unavailable - I can't think of any other reason he wouldn't at least have been on the bench. The only good thing to come out of the afternoon for me was that by leaving with five or ten minutes to go, I avoided the cloudburst (but missed Grants try).

Well we all see what we want to see I guess GOR. I've never been a Wildie cheerleader but have seen consistently improved performances from him over the last few weeks. Similarly I have seen a number of below par ones from Thackeray, which you seem to blame on everyone else (no relationship there I guess?). The number of poor passes that he threw out yesterday was amazing. You might also note that he defends down the Grady/Morton flank, but that would have nothing to do with it.

No matter, we were very poor yesterday and Whitehaven exploited that very well.

I'm not a soccer fan so don't leave early even when my team is losing, so I did get wet; very wet.

Lets take a reality check.We were never going to win all 7 play offs.Although i agree with the sensible critics.Cant fathom why he didnt bring the old guard back on sooner.Nice to see the old man whom certain fans reckon cant tie his boot laces up now a days busting em up again.Win next week should see us having a home semi and to be honest im starting to want to play London rather than one of the Cumbrian outfits.

What I found embarrassing was the lack of cover down our right - and up the middle too.

It has to be said, our defence is shocking. We just cannot bring anyone down quickly. If the game plan is to tackle like that then it is no wonder we cannot compete.

Well done Whitehaven, they deserved that win.

Has been said on here plenty of times , why do we see Dewsbury defenders sometimes up to 4 players hanging on the shoulders of a player as he trundles forward. There must be a reason , it seems unfathomable to me. Tackling generally was poor Whitehaven broke through time again. Jury is still out on Fieldhouse I know he had a bad injury but still doesn't really seem the player he was at Fax.

Didn't really play as a team. Aizue even at his age really showed up the others. There are some workhorses in the forwards but no explosive power bar Aizue. It's must for next year 3 better props. Thacks had an off day and without him we looked short of ideas. I wonder if some of the players were carry injuries and that's why Crookes was on the bench.

Season hasn't finished yet but so far it's been pretty frustrating. Seem to struggle to play well for 80 mins.

Homer: How is education supposed to make me feel smarter? Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain. Remember when I took that home winemaking course, and I forgot how to drive?

[

i]Mr. Burns: Woah, slow down there maestro. There's a *New* Mexico?[/i]

Archived