Conference League South

No one has applied yet as people have no idea what the league will look like. The season hasn't even finished and I don't expect anyone will be consulted until the existing clubs have been spoken to first. Making an expression of interest is very different from applying. I expect all the top 4 teams in the Midlands premier to be interested but how many will actually apply is another thing altogether.

No one has applied yet as people have no idea what the league will look like. The season hasn't even finished and I don't expect anyone will be consulted until the existing clubs have been spoken to first. Making an expression of interest is very different from applying. I expect all the top 4 teams in the Midlands premier to be interested but how many will actually apply is another thing altogether.

Ah are they considering regionalisation then?

As Royal says lets get this season over and done with as this season ain't been the best for completions, if I was involved with the Midlands league "the top 4 clubs applying" would this leave no league as some of the Midlands league have not completed the season.

As Royal says lets get this season over and done with as this season ain't been the best for completions, if I was involved with the Midlands league "the top 4 clubs applying" would this leave no league as some of the Midlands league have not completed the season.

It would leave a small league of 6-8 teams I reckon. Birmingham failed to complete the season but South Birmingham Hawks are looking to join. Leicester A struggled as well to get a team.

Midlands has been strange this year. At Leamington we have had 100% completion rate but lots of teams haven't. Sherwood have been a good addition but both Buxton and Boston struggled to travel and their location makes it hard for clubs to travel to them. Birmingham Bulldogs will be back next year. At Leamington we are still a season away from comfortably moving up but if the likes of Telford were to go we would do the same.

We are not as bothered about the status of "Conference South" we just want games to be more local to us as the travel this year has been too much. Boston away, Buxton away both 100+ miles. While our local teams Birmingham and Cov Dragons we only played once.

If they get rid of Conference South it could help the midlands as we might be able to move back to a 2 tier league with an extended season in the premier division.

But all this is all wishful thinking and speculation until we hear more.

Ah are they considering regionalisation then?

I understand it is in the very early stages of discussion but consideration is being given to an East west regionalisation of the Conference South. All that has been said to The Eastern Rhinos is we will be consulted  in the near future. For Us a lot would depend on what the London Premier Division will look like next year. Past Conference South structure/geography proposals have been beyond our limited financial means and we have preferred to concentrate on youth and primary level development.

I understand it is in the very early stages of discussion but consideration is being given to an East west regionalisation of the Conference South. All that has been said to The Eastern Rhinos is we will be consulted  in the near future. For Us a lot would depend on what the London Premier Division will look like next year. Past Conference South structure/geography proposals have been beyond our limited financial means and we have preferred to concentrate on youth and primary level development.

I wouldn't hold out any hope for a decent London premier next season. Even so obviously you can't commit to travelling if you can't sustain it. It would be interesting to see where the line between east and west is drawn as obviously not good if west midlands teams have to travel lots to the South West and South Wales

I wouldn't hold out any hope for a decent London premier next season. Even so obviously you can't commit to travelling if you can't sustain it. It would be interesting to see where the line between east and west is drawn as obviously not good if west midlands teams have to travel lots to the South West and South Wales

What's the problems down South Bowes ?

Carlsberg don't do Soldiers, but if they did, they would probably be Brits.

http://www.pitchero....hornemarauders/

What's the problems down South Bowes ?

It's not a problem as such, just the Conference League South covers a large geographic foot print that makes it harder for clubs in extremities to step up. It's probably a closer standard to the NWML, Pennine or YML premiers than NCL and thus less travelling would be better if enough teams are of the required standard

It's not a problem as such, just the Conference League South covers a large geographic foot print that makes it harder for clubs in extremities to step up. It's probably a closer standard to the NWML, Pennine or YML premiers than NCL and thus less travelling would be better if enough teams are of the required standard

Seem to be a lot of games not being played and the number of teams have dwindled how may teams are there actually playing.

Seem to be a lot of games not being played and the number of teams have dwindled how may teams are there actually playing.

Oh you mean in the wider game. Yeah the game in London and the south east is contracting as the RFL scrapped the development officers. The midlands is doing okay at open age, but is struggling at juniors. Wales actually seems to be finally getting some proper clubs set up and is moving away from the RU kick about model to have fewer sides playing more games

Oh you mean in the wider game. Yeah the game in London and the south east is contracting as the RFL scrapped the development officers. The midlands is doing okay at open age, but is struggling at juniors. Wales actually seems to be finally getting some proper clubs set up and is moving away from the RU kick about model to have fewer sides playing more games

I've just checked and in the last winter season played in the London area they had more teams registered

I've just checked and in the last winter season played in the London area they had more teams registered

Only four sides finished the last winter season from eight. But the second to last season you could be right. Don't think summer is to blame itself, just the over reliance on RU players and the short season. Plus the game did have bigger numbers in the summer a few years ago

Only four sides finished the last winter season from eight. But the second to last season you could be right. Don't think summer is to blame itself, just the over reliance on RU players and the short season. Plus the game did have bigger numbers in the summer a few years ago

1/ lack of rugby league players, 2/ Many teams pulled out of the last winter season in readiness for the new summer season, 3/ at it's peak they had more playing in the winter, so we can't look backwards, 4/ with all the support that the RFL gave the game in London it is no further forward which is a massive shame.

The game looked a lot healthier at amateur level across the country when it was played in the winter and the summer had a short season with division of 6 teams, what ever you say the plain facts are it was. The short summer season gave people from other sports the chance to dip their toe into the water (many stopped to make league their number 1 sport) most importantly it never put the amateur game into turmoil.

Seethe pinned post at the top of the pages that has 220 odd posts over 12 pages - put your winter/summer rubbish in there.

Back on point - I'm hearing more and more clubs unofficially interested in CLS - could be a great comp if the regionalisation is done correctly.

Taking the top 2 or so out of the various regional leagues might make those comps a little bit more competitive too??

Seethe pinned post at the top of the pages that has 220 odd posts over 12 pages - put your winter/summer rubbish in there.

Back on point - I'm hearing more and more clubs unofficially interested in CLS - could be a great comp if the regionalisation is done correctly.

Taking the top 2 or so out of the various regional leagues might make those comps a little bit more competitive too??

Long run CLS needs 3 regions: Wales/south West, midlands and London/south east. Yeah you'd have to merge some local league but taking the top clubs out could close the gap

Long run CLS needs 3 regions: Wales/south West, midlands and London/south east. Yeah you'd have to merge some local league but taking the top clubs out could close the gap

Heard rumours the Welsh domestic competition are going to invite Bristol and Gloucester based club to take part

Your blind eyed rubbish and the real facts are two different things, but there again some of us are old enough to know the facts and rom my experience, many many  clubs down south where entered by people who never had a team, I suspect the same could be happening here

Heard rumours the Welsh domestic competition are going to invite Bristol and Gloucester based club to take part

Yeah would make sense to merge the Welsh and west of England divisions, especially if more clubs have stepped up to CLS.

Spring and summer fixtures in Cornwall could be fantastic. Teams or groups of players could make a weekend of it. Who needs ice baths when you could be in the sea, followed by the bars, of Newquay etc after the match.

Archived