End of season idea

What do posters on here think about the NW Counties and Yorkshire Men's league having an end of season play off between the qualifying teams ( top 4 maybe?)from each league to determine the overall Northern champions? Either this or a game between each competitions winners? I know there are also some good teams in the Pennine league but think it would be to difficult to include them due to the different playing seasons

In reality a good idea but in Yorkshire the Pennine would be the biggest casualty, all you are doing is putting barriers in the way, for the last month there has been 10 or less matches in the Yorkshire men's league, I think only 1 game in the Premier division for the last 3 weeks, Sharlston ain't played for a month, West Hull for 3 weeks so Sharlston might have to train for another month without a game for the possibility of a play off game, sorry Bowes it's good to think outside the square but it would not happen this year anyway.

Not sure if just a rumour but I heard the Pennine might have to start later as all the ref''s are aligned to the RFL and their leagues would take preference, let's have a few more in goal touch judges that stand there and do nothing.

In reality a good idea but in Yorkshire the Pennine would be the biggest casualty, all you are doing is putting barriers in the way, for the last month there has been 10 or less matches in the Yorkshire men's league, I think only 1 game in the Premier division for the last 3 weeks, Sharlston ain't played for a month, West Hull for 3 weeks so Sharlston might have to train for another month without a game for the possibility of a play off game, sorry Bowes it's good to think outside the square but it would not happen this year anyway.

Not sure if just a rumour but I heard the Pennine might have to start later as all the ref''s are aligned to the RFL and their leagues would take preference, let's have a few more in goal touch judges that stand there and do nothing.

Part of the problem in YML is they try to drag a 14 game season into a full season. They should just have clubs play each other thrice

Archived