Putting it in perspective

Kevin Nicholas

Just looked over last 20 or so topics on here and i believe there are a maximum of 40 Batley people who have posted ( some a lot more than others). Of those i think there is a maximum of 6 who are always negative and no matter what they cannot be persuaded otherwise. So even with our low crowds i now see that puts it in perspective.

Yes i am wasting my time trying to respond to those few and as suggested i will use my energy elsewhere.

Its just this forum gives a wrong impression of the state of our Club to outsiders but again maybe that is the same with all forums so no real worry.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just looked over last 20 or so topics on here and i believe there are a maximum of 40 Batley people who have posted ( some a lot more than others). Of those i think there is a maximum of 6 who are always negative and no matter what they cannot be persuaded otherwise. So even with our low crowds i now see that puts it in perspective.

Yes i am wasting my time trying to respond to those few and as suggested i will use my energy elsewhere.

Its just this forum gives a wrong impression of the state of our Club to outsiders but again maybe that is the same with all forums so no real worry.

Why not!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thats why, and the fact you keep telling us you're not going to post again but still keep coming back, EVERYONE has the right to speak freely on here and provided they dont break the rules which the forum owners set out (the exact same rules you yourself have fallen foul of) they can continue to do so

You personally disrespect my right to call myself a fan and refuse to acknowledge that i am, can i once again remind you that i was the founding force behind BISSA and you and the club are beneficiaries to the tune of probably something approcaing £400-500 thousand over the last ten years, not bad for a NON FAN who you have never acknowleged.

If it grinds you down dont read it but dont try to control or influence what others have a right to say, your argument about not being allowed a voice because someone didnt go to a game is to recall an old Stozzer phrase "a crock of ######", tell that to the 20 million worldwide Manchester United fans who dont go to games.

He's not he was simply expressing his feelings and opinion as a batley fan as we all do. Gary will always be negative towards KN nomatter what he does.

I happen to agree with the point about people expressing opinions on the teams performance when they weren't even at the game to form an opinion. A couple of times people on here have criticised players performances in a particular game when they weren't there? Not really fair on the players/coach etc. but that's just my opinion.

Thanks for that perspective. One of the 6. Like i said. Wish we had 20 million of you buying replica shirts then i can guarantee there would be no reason to criticise anything.

You really dont see whats in front of your eyes Kevin, you personally have disaffected so many fans and with your continued ramblings and ignorance and disrespect of fans and you continue to do so. you continually chip away at supporters with little snipes like the highlighted comment above and wonder where there going.

And youre wrong with the 20 million shirt sales scenario, even Manchester United and their onfield and financial success have a family of owners who are hated worldwide by their supporters, the Glazer family are critisised at every single turn and always will be because of who they, how they act and how they dont give a jot about some supporters, success on the field and a sound business model does not guarantee respect from your fans.

I also challenge you to name "the six"

He's not he was simply expressing his feelings and opinion as a batley fan as we all do. Gary will always be negative towards KN nomatter what he does.

I happen to agree with the point about people expressing opinions on the teams performance when they weren't even at the game to form an opinion. A couple of times people on here have criticised players performances in a particular game when they weren't there? Not really fair on the players/coach etc. but that's just my opinion.

I believe everyone is entitled to an opinion whether the opinion is negative or positive. If someone is commenting on a players performance and is not at the game it shows the person is interested in the club. Why not ask the individual why he/she was not at the game and how they are able to comment on a players performance.

"Anyone who does not watch rugby league is not a real person."

-John Singleton,

I believe everyone is entitled to an opinion whether the opinion is negative or positive. If someone is commenting on a players performance and is not at the game it shows the person is interested in the club. Why not ask the individual why he/she was not at the game and how they are able to comment on a players performance.

I agree that the differences of opinion are what makes for a more interesting forum. Personally, what l don't like is the name calling and criticising when some posters have opinions that differ from those of other posters.

I agree that the differences of opinion are what makes for a more interesting forum. Personally, what l don't like is the name calling and criticising when some posters have opinions that differ from those of other posters.

Dead right! What is said is irrelevant in the context of respect for the right of others to express their opinions. As Voltaire said, "I may not agree with a word you say, but would defend to the death your right to say it". (not sure about the death bit, mind! )

i tend to agree ,on how can you comment on players or team performance if you haven't even seen the game , if its on hearsay ,you are then going by that persons opinion and we all know on here we all have different opinions which is healthy and see things from different perspectives and there are certain people on here with personal agendas

Stoopid Cup Winner 2012

i tend to agree ,on how can you comment on players or team performance if you haven't even seen the game , if its on hearsay ,you are then going by that persons opinion and we all know on here we all have different opinions which is healthy and see things from different perspectives and there are certain people on here with personal agendas

I didn't go, i didn't critisise, i do however fail to understand why Kevin purposly picked out Phildog for a very minor critisism of the coach when there are clearly others who are not part of "the 6" who have been far far more vociferous and damming of the coach, who in fact have been very derogatory and damming against every coach weve had in the last 15 years at some stage or another, why doesn't Kevin single these fans out for condemnation.

I re-state that I have no personal axe to grind with Kevin Nicholas, I re-state that I have been for him as mush as agin him when he has come in for some ear bashing from other fans. I have agreed with him to draw a line under the matter on a different trend, and would suggest that any criticisms always be made in a proper, unabusive manner. We all, including Kevin, post our feelings and they are just that, not threats of assassination!!

Can we afford to alienate or call out the six.

I know 3 are diehards who arent easily replaced

'Shaw cross juniors, Birkenshaw, Mirfield, Heckmondwike Panthers, Stainland Stags and then the Heavy woolen donkeys... WARDY, STOZZA, GT, KARL OR KEAR MUST OF DROPPED A DIGIT FROM MY MOBILE NUMBER! :clapping:

Maybe this isn't the right thread to bring this up but here goes; despite all my, and fellow supporters', moans about the way the season has turned out, whilst just looking at the website checking on signings and injuries, it struck me that for all the complaints, our points difference for 26 games is -124, the lowest against of all the bottom 5 teams, which works out on average less than 5 points a game. That's no disgrace, and really proves that we do have a good defensive attitude. 

I know the majority who post on here, and id say they are all members of the 'diehard' brigade, so id say this forum is a pretty accurate way of gauging the feelings of the true fans of the club, whether people agree with the views or not.

At 36, ive supported the club all my life and been a season ticket holder for years, but this season has seen my interest wane completely and ive missed more games than ever before.

There are many more like me who are exactly the same.

The club need to address this as its becoming widespread, rather than thinking its only the view of a few negative folk on a forum, because it isnt.

We are customers, and the product we are paying for isnt good enough and hasnt been for the last 2 seasons.

I like you Kevin, and you are an intelligent man, you must know what needs to change to improve the on field product and start winning the diehards back, because we all know what needs to change, we just need you to do it.

What we're dealing with here is a complete lack of respect for the law

Why not ask the person/people who are authorised to delete and re-instate them.

Not starting a wrangle here, just a way of finding out as I don't know how to delete any of my posts.

Cheers Roger.

I know the majority who post on here, and id say they are all members of the 'diehard' brigade, so id say this forum is a pretty accurate way of gauging the feelings of the true fans of the club, whether people agree with the views or not.

At 36, ive supported the club all my life and been a season ticket holder for years, but this season has seen my interest wane completely and ive missed more games than ever before.

There are many more like me who are exactly the same.

The club need to address this as its becoming widespread, rather than thinking its only the view of a few negative folk on a forum, because it isnt.

We are customers, and the product we are paying for isnt good enough and hasnt been for the last 2 seasons.

I like you Kevin, and you are an intelligent man, you must know what needs to change to improve the on field product and start winning the diehards back, because we all know what needs to change, we just need you to do it.

I could not agree more. The thing that is really puzzling me though, is why the likes of Brown and Rowe have re-signed. I would have expected both to move on to bigger and better things, I believe they are 2 of best forwards in the division and would be regulars in most teams in the division, and especially after making Widnes' pack look so ordinary in the cup. Yet both are signed up for us again. I cannot imagine either are happy with picking up losing pay most weeks, so Kear must be doing something right. But I can't imagine what it is. I still feel some of the criticism on here towards the board is at times unfair, but why we are standing by a coach who has failed for the last 2 seasons is beyond me. It is also particularly frustrating as fans, when he hasn't learned from past mistakes, like going into the season short of hb's and centres, just like we did the previous season. It also beggars belief with the paper thin squad we have, that any coach would let 2 players go out on loan for the rest of the season. A couple more injuries and we could quite easily find ourselves having to put injured players on the bench simply to make the 17 up, I do  not understand how the club could allow this to happen. I also find it worrying that we are signing so many of this years squad on for next season, given the lack of wins this year.

I could not agree more. The thing that is really puzzling me though, is why the likes of Brown and Rowe have re-signed. I would have expected both to move on to bigger and better things, I believe they are 2 of best forwards in the division and would be regulars in most teams in the division, and especially after making Widnes' pack look so ordinary in the cup. Yet both are signed up for us again. I cannot imagine either are happy with picking up losing pay most weeks, so Kear must be doing something right. But I can't imagine what it is. I still feel some of the criticism on here towards the board is at times unfair, but why we are standing by a coach who has failed for the last 2 seasons is beyond me. It is also particularly frustrating as fans, when he hasn't learned from past mistakes, like going into the season short of hb's and centres, just like we did the previous season. It also beggars belief with the paper thin squad we have, that any coach would let 2 players go out on loan for the rest of the season. A couple more injuries and we could quite easily find ourselves having to put injured players on the bench simply to make the 17 up, I do  not understand how the club could allow this to happen. I also find it worrying that we are signing so many of this years squad on for next season, given the lack of wins this year.

these are the questions that KN should answer instead of slating fans on this forum like he does imo of course

The thing that is really puzzling me though, is why the likes of Brown and Rowe have re-signed.  ......... I also find it worrying that we are signing so many of this years squad on for next season, given the lack of wins this year.

IMO they have re signed, knowing we are not too far short of having a good squad....the problem is finding and being able to afford those few players that will turn Batley's nearly wins into wins and compete further up the league......I am sure they are hoping JK can find those players.....and of course that he will let them play to their potential.....

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to determine whether or not they are genuine" ....Abraham Lincoln 1809-1865..

Thackray & Hey are 2 promising young players who had not managed to break into First Team and so had not had much game time. They are great lads who train and want to play. We wanted to be right by them so let them go to get more experience under their belts and develop. It would not have been fair to them to keep them at Club if not playing. Can see point of view raised but it is a fine line and this is call we made rightly or wrongly Not saying everyone will agree but a decision had to be made.Cannot say anything more than that really.

Archived