Putting it in perspective

Kevin Nicholas

IMO they have resigned, knowing we are not too far short of having a good squad....the problem is finding and being able to afford those few players that will turn Batley's nearly wins into wins and compete further up the league......I am sure they are hoping JK can find those players.....and of course that he will let them play to their potential.....

money isn't an object say's KN

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dead right! What is said is irrelevant in the context of respect for the right of others to express their opinions. As Voltaire said, "I may not agree with a word you say, but would defend to the death your right to say it". (not sure about the death bit, mind! )

Dead right! What is said is irrelevant in the context of respect for the right of others to express their opinions. As Voltaire said, "I may not agree with a word you say, but would defend to the death your right to say it". (not sure about the death bit, mind! )

reap what you sew yawn

Please put in context.

When we had injuries to our halfbacks and were trying to get one in i said that money was not the reason we could not get one but rather we could not find one as they were in short supply and still are same as decent centres.

We tried to get Ford from France and money was issue as the package would have cost £40k for rest of season which is way beyond our means.

If Sammuts agent is to be believed money was not issue there.

However talking generally i have never said money was no object as everybody knows money is the issue which restricts Batley.

You can keep misquoting me out of context because you have a right to say what you want but that is the position which i think you know anyway but are just trying to have a go.

Please put in context.

When we had injuries to our halfbacks and were trying to get one in i said that money was not the reason we could not get one but rather we could not find one as they were in short supply and still are same as decent centres.

We tried to get Ford from France and money was issue as the package would have cost £40k for rest of season which is way beyond our means.

If Sammuts agent is to be believed money was not issue there.

However talking generally i have never said money was no object as everybody knows money is the issue which restricts Batley.

You can keep misquoting me out of context because you have a right to say what you want but that is the position which i think you know anyway but are just trying to have a go.

ifxyou read back about your own comments mr nichol's it was you that actually did say that money was no object, and no i am not having a go like you have been about fans of late, calling them a so called 6, who have all the rite they want to comment on this forum has have you

ifxyou read back about your own comments mr nichol's it was you that actually did say that money was no object, and no i am not having a go like you have been about fans of late, calling them a so called 6, who have all the rite they want to comment on this forum has have you

I have heavily criticised Mr Nicholas this season. However, be did clearly say that money was 'not the problem', bur 'availability' was.
r02c.gif

Everybody clearly can put what they want on forum. The point i tried to make re 6 was that in my view there are about 6 on here who only seem to criticise out of 40 posters who sometimes criticise and sometimes are very positive and maybe 600 supporters so i was telling myself really not to take the 1% to heart which i will do.

Thats all i was attempting to do put it in perspective which i have and as far as i am concerned thats it really

What is the saying you can please some of the people some of the time but not all of the people all of the time. So we will just try and please as many as we can but we will also try to do what is right for the Club.

I agree mr nichol's & a winning team is the way forward imo & the only way you will stop the slater's, but not having a go at all, there hasn't been anything to chear about at all over the past 2 season's & sometime's frustrations boil over even if its not meant. Imo of course.

That is exactly what i said money was not the problem why we could not sign a halfback ( then it was re Ford). However i did not say money was not a problem generally as everyone knows it is.

Hi Kevin, Have the club thought about linking up with a University.

Please see the attached job advertisement for a Lead Club Coach at the University of Birmingham which is part time with a salary in the range £21,666 to £23,276. With potential progression once in post to £26,946 a year. Salary will be paid pro rata.

https://atsv7.wcn.co.uk/search_engine/jobs.cgi?SID=amNvZGU9MTQ4NDQzMSZ2dF90ZW1wbGF0ZT03Njcmb3duZXI9NTAzMjUyMSZvd25lcnR5cGU9ZmFpciZicmFuZF9pZD0wJnZhY194dHJhNTAzMjUyMS4xNF81MDMyNTIxPVBhcnQgVGltZSZwb3N0aW5nX2NvZGU9MTE3JnJlcXNpZz0xNDQwNzcxNjgxLTc1MGViMjYyMTUzNmRkYTE5NjExZWIyZTBkYjBlNWE5ZTAwNjE5NGM=

A link up with a University opens up the opportunity of signing a 'full' time player/half back (coaching at a University and playing for Batley).

The link up might also open up the possibility of a second team (this opinion is based on not knowing the standard of University/Student Rugby League).

"Anyone who does not watch rugby league is not a real person."

-John Singleton,

Please see the attached job advertisement for a Lead Club Coach at the University of Birmingham which is part time with a salary in the range £21,666 to £23,276. With potential progression once in post to £26,946 a year. Salary will be paid pro rata.

https://atsv7.wcn.co.uk/search_engine/jobs.cgi?SID=amNvZGU9MTQ4NDQzMSZ2dF90ZW1wbGF0ZT03Njcmb3duZXI9NTAzMjUyMSZvd25lcnR5cGU9ZmFpciZicmFuZF9pZD0wJnZhY194dHJhNTAzMjUyMS4xNF81MDMyNTIxPVBhcnQgVGltZSZwb3N0aW5nX2NvZGU9MTE3JnJlcXNpZz0xNDQwNzcxNjgxLTc1MGViMjYyMTUzNmRkYTE5NjExZWIyZTBkYjBlNWE5ZTAwNjE5NGM=

A link up with a University opens up the opportunity of signing a 'full' time player/half back (coaching at a University and playing for Batley).

The link up might also open up the possibility of a second team (this opinion is based on not knowing the standard of University/Student Rugby League).

this could be great

Standard of university rugby league on a whole is quite good, a lot better than it was in my day.. there are a few championship 1 coaches who coach univerisity sides as well, Troy perkins (hemel and warwick uni) ,greenwood gloucetershire all golds and gloucester uni, Tom Tsang Cov Bears and cov uni ,where in 2 of the cases the clubs are linked up with the university

Stoopid Cup Winner 2012

Lots of student RL players have played semi pro RL, we had Matt Pennington, Gareth Honor and the Cox brothers and the lad called King (cant remember first name, goal kicking centre)  and of course Mick Nayny started while playing for a Uni

Reigned from stanley rangers and chose a career over footie

'Shaw cross juniors, Birkenshaw, Mirfield, Heckmondwike Panthers, Stainland Stags and then the Heavy woolen donkeys... WARDY, STOZZA, GT, KARL OR KEAR MUST OF DROPPED A DIGIT FROM MY MOBILE NUMBER! :clapping:

Archived