NCL Duel Reg

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is just one of the many reasons why our game is struggling. If he has been struck off Wakefield's books, what's the problem

Surely the rule was brought in to stop clubs bringing in players to strengthen their teams for the run in to the play offs or to avoid relegation,seems a fair rule to me.

If there is a deadline, you could argue why after one or 2 days after the deadline he wants to sign, he was either released late or did not bother to get his ###### into gear, for whatever reason it sometimes takes time to gain the release from the pro club but you would not have thought not an issue if they have released him, I agree you do have to have cut off times as long as they are realistic

Amateur has a definition.....

Amateur is amateur.... if the NCL (primarily the Premier league) has to accept professionals within each clubs ranks then by definition it becomes semi professional - therefore the RFL would need to recognise that and amend the funding structure.... In principle I do understand the rationale behind the initiative but it is a slippery slope... Amateur is amateur - leave it that way..... IMO...

It would possibly be an idea to make the Premier league semi professional in order to implement dual reg (along with other initiatives to assist / support the professional game) but at the same time they would have to stop flogging dead horses promoting the game where it does not and never will flourish - put that money into grassroots rugby in the traditional heartlands of the game - they might even find an increase in participation then??

It is Toulouse next I believe as if it is not embarrassing enough having half a dozen very poor English 'pro' teams lets make a French one??????????

Archived