Signings for next season

Pink panther

well Phil in the star today talking about potential replacements for players who leave , so who knows . I'm sure he'll have been scouting recruitments for weeks now . Maybe no DR but I'd be shocked if the relationship they've built up with Wigan over two years doesn't at least get explored , and all his other contacts and beyond . It is a silly season but it's exciting to . Just three or four quality players in key spots makes all the difference . Majority of squads below the top few are much of a muchness , with the bit of quality to take them on

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

come on a brain in Whitehaven? Now your talking crazy.

I totally agree about aiye, but I agree with Donald, him and Sammut would be really good. Allen is good but like stack and Brett he's got to be on the pitch as long as possible and not used as a sub. I see him as a poor mans Brett Phillips.

he is from widnes wonky. Maybe a few fat bellys from haven lol

I really wouldn't have thought so....

Olstrom if he does we lose work rate ... But offers little with the ball ... Never gets itn space .. Why I've said time and time again I'd play him at centre ,..

Offers little with the ball and you want him in the centre????

P V will have everything including what players he is after for next season in hand, that's one thing about him, he is a forward thinking coach and very professional,

Allen's a good player and would complement the forwards we have. You don't play the amount of super league he has if your not a good player.

Speaking of players with a super league pedigree, does anyone know what the craic is with oliver Wilkes?

Is he available? Is he signing for Barrow? Would be a good signing for us that's for sure.

of course Allen is a quality player , personal opinions can vary from people to people and most that judge players know nothing much about the qualities to look for , 3 matches or so a year out of his whole career does not give anyone the right to say he isnt good enough , the fact will remain his credentials tell you he is a quality player 

As stated .. Given the ball in space you might see a different player... You only read half the post old boy ?

Look at his try v hunslet last year was it ?

im pretty sure the try your talking about was 3 years ago. Hunslet weren't in the same league last season, boy.

the futures bright,the futures blue and white

i dont think it does , you cant judge a player like Allen after just a couple or so live games in a long career where he's played at the top , players , good players , can look bad or mediocre with poor players around them , good coach's will still see the potential where as ordinary fans might not .

Ewan dowes was a challenge cup winner and had played super league nearly all his career and was pretty poor at town, mark calderwood was generally dreadful. Just because you've played super league in the past doesn't mean your a good player now. Look at Peter fox at Donny, he was an England international, yet he got completely owned by Carter. Past achievements mean little now.

the futures bright,the futures blue and white

As stated .. Given the ball in space you might see a different player... You only read half the post old boy ?

Look at his try v hunslet last year was it ?

saw him in the centre at Doncaster under Charlo, he got caught for pace on several occasions Old boy!

Think if Mr Sammut signed up we should erect a statue of him doing a back flip outside "the field of dreams" better known as zebra claims , derwent park,or donkey park if your a jambo as the man who turned our season round. Mind you would'nt want that fella to do it that made the lion behind bus station probably look more like Galen off planet of the apes.

Archived