Signings for next season

Pink panther

Making sammut the first signing if at all possible would be an incentive to any waiverers in the squad , as well as outsiders . They're not going to play or get service off anyone near his level . It would have such a knock on effect .

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wonder where Simon grix will be off, massively under rated, and not heard any rumblings of a super league club chasing him. Absolute work horse and would be great at our level

the futures bright,the futures blue and white

phil and the board know the players better than us , they will place a value on them based on many things probably , who are we to argue . it all comes down to who they want to play for , and how much they think they are worth .what value  pv/board place on a player maybe quite different to what the player thinks he s worth .its a short career and players have to get the best deal they can .

phil and the board know the players better than us , they will place a value on them based on many things probably , who are we to argue . it all comes down to who they want to play for , and how much they think they are worth .what value pv/board place on a player maybe quite different to what the player thinks he s worth .its a short career and players have to get the best deal they can .

exactly mate, and the lads who don't sign are replaceable, you might have to look at travellers or overseas but there replaceable. Except Sammut in all honesty, I just don't think there's anyone even close to his abilities who would sign for town. Other than brierley I think he's the best in the championship.

Ha ha indeed . Scott Grix , Graeme Horne ... There are a few in SL where you just think ' how?'

kyle wood as well, if Matty isn't a better hooker than him then I'm Santa Claus. And they basically chose him over Lunt. Madness.

exactly mate, and the lads who don't sign are replaceable, you might have to look at travellers or overseas but there replaceable. Except Sammut in all honesty, I just don't think there's anyone even close to his abilities who would sign for town. Other than brierley I think he's the best in the championship.

probably better team player than Brierley he's just an off the cuff back up player think sammutt organises better would say gaskell is up there with them mind

I would like to see a big barnstorming six foot three prop about eighteen to nineteen stone who can run 100 meters in about 10 seconds and who is a tackling machine who has a wicked sidestep off each foot. But seriously would not mind someone to partner Sammut maybe Farkas if still available and. If he could make it before start of ner season

Oh dear, I can see it's going to be a long hard road from now until next February with all the rumours already starting to flow.   We should have a thread where all the rumours of players leaving or signing that Old Uncle Tom Cobley and all have heard from some other fairy tale character can be kept together.

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

yep its time to visit the forums less often now the rumour twaddle and wages guess work has started , as for players who people think should be playing in SL and players they think should not be playing in SL , well its not all down to being the most skillful on the pitch , professional squads rely also on professional conduct , attitude and dedication plus working as a team player and also not over pricing yourself .

I would like to see a big barnstorming six foot three prop about eighteen to nineteen stone who can run 100 meters in about 10 seconds and who is a tackling machine who has a wicked sidestep off each foot. But seriously would not mind someone to partner Sammut maybe Farkas if still available and. If he could make it before start of ner season

That prop you mention . . If he can't kick goals then I wouldn't touch him

Oh dear, I can see it's going to be a long hard road from now until next February with all the rumours already starting to flow.   We should have a thread where all the rumours of players leaving or signing that Old Uncle Tom Cobley and all have heard from some other fairy tale character can be kept together.

The doom merchants are already starting to stir things up about us losing players. I say we should wait and see what happens... Some of the names I have heard as being likely signings have already got me looking forward to next season.

The last 2 seasons have shown Town can compete at this level and have made progress as a club both on and off the field. Town are now able to attract better players.

"i hate workington town fans with a passion they are the biggest cry babies in rl and boy do they get jealous easy"- Choccy 2012

"if it wernt for me they would have nowt at all to talk about" - Choccy 2012

So who out of our current squad is actually signed on for next year?

Stack

Brett Phillips

Horton

Fifita

Mossop

Mcavoy

Not sure who else signed 2 year deals last year

Phil today saying ' one or two will move on ' ... Upwards I understand if your class , but backwards ? Why ?

theres also the likes of coward retiring. Personally think we need a bit of a freshen up. It's been a similar squad for the last 5-6 years. And to kick in again maybe new faces are required.

He certainly seems to know what he wants . Interesting that he also made a point of saying we don't want anyone who causes trouble

Yet he re-signed olstrum last season when if anything his behaviour was worse than this .Think he is just laying down the ground bait for some departures .Personally I think it's a mistake if we sign olstrum,no denying his class but too much baggage,if we do sign him I hope it's on a one strike and your out understanding

Yet he re-signed olstrum last season when if anything his behaviour was worse than this .Think he is just laying down the ground bait for some departures .Personally I think it's a mistake if we sign olstrum,no denying his class but too much baggage,if we do sign him I hope it's on a one strike and your out understanding

he is too good for whitehaven and it would be a backward step for him.

Archived