Jeff Lima to NRL

Hvy wg

No, this is not a backdated post. No, this is not a joke. 

Canberra offered a two year deal for him, alongside Elliott Whitehead. I don't know what they're thinking but he has been constantly underperforming, looked unfocused all the time and made every Catalan fans angry. 

His best days are well behind him.

He's the lest effective prop in the starting squad for us. He's the worst prop I've seen for years in defense. His workrate is very low and he's missing a lot of tackles. 

Bousquet has almost the same meters gained with 30 carries less. Baitieri is way better than him, gained 1 000 meters more, has a higher workrate and is more mobile. Casty had an average season and was way better than him in every aspect.

We're not going to miss him, especially because we're linked with Glenn Stewart.

The only logical reason for deal is Canberra wanted to sign Elliot Whitehead but Catalans said you can only sign Elliot off us if you take Jeff Lima also.

Otherwise it's the worst signing imaginable.

Good news about Lima leaving but it does leave Catalans lacking forward depth next year, even if Stewart signs. I know Margalet and Perez have been added to the squad, any chance of others stepping up from the reserves/U19s? The likes of Navarette, Dezaria maybe?

Perez, Navarette and Dezaria are second rowers. With Taylor and Horo, I don't think we'll see much of them.

My guess would be that Baitieri will play at prop with Anderson, Mounis slotting into loose forward. Bousquet, Elima, Maria and Pelissier as subs. That is if we do not have Stewart. 

I wouldn't be too surprised if Bosc was playing at loose forward sometimes too. Or at wing. 

Bousquet is getting better every week, maybe next year will be revelation year. He only needs game time, he really is a workhorse for someone his size. If we can make him run the ball 15 times instead of 8 or 9, he'll be a huge success.

Archived