NRL Finals series

Allora

The NRL Finals have started.

Some slow going between the Roosters and the Storm early on but the try Jennings set up...........

Pretty special stuff you will not see in many Sports.

Talent is secondary to whether players are confident.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh Gareth.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

Really dour game tonight between the Dogs and the Dragons.

Widdop made a bad call that was critical to the games ending.

It was dour but the last 10 minutes were superb.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

Really dour game tonight between the Dogs and the Dragons.

Widdop made a bad call that was critical to the games ending.

The execution in the final third from both teams was awful. It was an enjoyable game because it was close bit not high quality.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

Big risk by Widdop going for the big play at that stage of the game.

Cost his team big time in their biggest game of the season.

The Dogs have a history of grinding it out and getting over the line that goes back decades.

A simple 26 round season & simple 8 team play offs....how dare they make it so simple!!

Go on...play another 7 games for the hell of it!....anyway whinge over

That dogs v dragons game was a belter and this game on now is shaping up the same...infront of 50,000+

OLDHAM RLFC

the 8TH most successful team in british RL

A simple 26 round season & simple 8 team play offs....how dare they make it so simple!!

Go on...play another 7 games for the hell of it!....anyway whinge over

That dogs v dragons game was a belter and this game on now is shaping up the same...infront of 50,000+

The Super League play off system is much more simple than the NRL now which still has elimination and qualification play off games.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

The Dogs game was fairly dour, the Broncos-Cowboys game was magnificent.

Jonathon Thurston..... Best player in the World by some margin.

Week after week gives 100% and makes a team that is just solid look like contenders.

That is the mark of a champion.

The Dragons should have won the game in the Halves.

English Test Half and former Kiwi Great Test half.

They lost the game there, little if any creativity to get over the line.

It was pedestrian in attack and looked like a team that had no answers in breaking the Dogs defense down.

The kicking options on the last tackle was atrocious.

The Dragons should have won the game in the Halves.

English Test Half and former Kiwi Great Test half.

They lost the game there, little if any creativity to get over the line.

It was pedestrian in attack and looked like a team that had no answers in breaking the Dogs defense down.

The kicking options on the last tackle was atrocious.

Funny that, I was thinking that with a much better pack the Bulldogs halves were pretty poor to not boss that game.

Funny that, I was thinking that with a much better pack the Bulldogs halves were pretty poor to not boss that game.

One was a rookie and the other scored the winning field goal.

My thoughts on both games. 

1. England fans should be happy cause Benji's season is over thanks to the disgraceful WWE move by kiwi team mate Eastwood. That should be on report and a week or two off for mine
2. Broncos Vs. Cowboys was the best game I have ever watched. 
3. Funny how the two teams that don't do any of that wrestling rubbish are the two QLD teams and three of the best games to watch this year have been the games between them two. Hopefully it will be Broncs/Cows GF because that was awesome
4. Frank Pritchard and Sam Fatsiano are grubs. 

5. I don't which player to choose as my favorite, Benny Hunt or JT, ill go with Hunt because im a broncs diehard, but everyone has to admire the legend that is Thurston.
6. Kodi Nikorima and Anthony Milford are amazing to watch and im happy to have them on my team. 

7. I hate both St. Merge and the doggiez but the finish of that game even had me biting my nails, feel for Widdop though, the two best kicks of his career and then followed by his worst at the worst possible time 
8. Sell out at suncorp, Queenslanders do it best. Amazing crowd and atmosphere, just made the game all the better
UP THE BRONCS, ALL THE WAY TO THE BIG DANCE BABY!!!! Can't hide my excitement!!!!

Jonathon Thurston..... Best player in the World by some margin.

Week after week gives 100% and makes a team that is just solid look like contenders.

That is the mark of a champion.

Agree but Cowboys are more than a solid team without JT as well. Morgan, Coote, Scott, Hannant, Cooper, Tamou, Taumalolo and Granville. They would beat most teams just with them players. I still think they will make the GF this year. It'll be Broncs/Cows

My thoughts on both games.

1. England fans should be happy cause Benji's season is over thanks to the disgraceful WWE move by kiwi team mate Eastwood. That should be on report and a week or two off for mine

As an England fan I would have been pretty happy with Marshall being in the Kiwi teams for the tests. He is a shadow of his former self.

Wow, have you seen many games? It was a good game and a great atmosphere but let's not get carried away.

There were comments from Gould and Lewis during the commentary which were of a similar vein. Thurston is a great player but he does something simple that leads to a try and Gould goes into raptures about him. The same when Bennett brings on Nikorima and he sets up a try with his first touch and Lewis says that's what separates good coaches from great ones (the timing of the substitution). If it were that simple Bennett would win the competition year in year out. The sycophancy does get a bit OTT at times.

rldfsignature.jpg

The sycophancy does get a bit OTT at times.

It's obligatory when dealing with Qld audiences. They have built up this whole underdog/victim self-image for so long that they need to be constantly validated. Brisbane has the biggest junior catchment area in the World and the most profitable RL club in the World but they still expect the Nobel Prize every time they win a game.

Imagine if Man Utd was a RL team in SL. The real question should be, "why have the Brisbane Broncos only won 5 GFs in 27 years?"

Wow, have you seen many games? It was a good game and a great atmosphere but let's not get carried away.

Hey mate, I have been watching Rugby League for 25 years now, if I was to list the top 5 best games i have seen that would be in it. It was a better game than anything I have seen in the last 3-4 years. Probably the best I have seen since Brisbane/st george Semi in 2011. 

There were comments from Gould and Lewis during the commentary which were of a similar vein. Thurston is a great player but he does something simple that leads to a try and Gould goes into raptures about him. The same when Bennett brings on Nikorima and he sets up a try with his first touch and Lewis says that's what separates good coaches from great ones (the timing of the substitution). If it were that simple Bennett would win the competition year in year out. The sycophancy does get a bit OTT at times.

Exactly, but they are commentators, they are payed by the networks to be OTT for better entertainment. 

It's obligatory when dealing with Qld audiences. They have built up this whole underdog/victim self-image for so long that they need to be constantly validated. Brisbane has the biggest junior catchment area in the World and the most profitable RL club in the World but they still expect the Nobel Prize every time they win a game.

Imagine if Man Utd was a RL team in SL. The real question should be, "why have the Brisbane Broncos only won 5 GFs in 27 years?"

Not at all FD, I don't know if that was directed at me or not. I'm just happy that after 8 years of mediocrity the Broncos have their best chance to win their 7th title in the toughest rugby comp on the planet. You can't blame us Broncos fans for getting carried away lol 

By the way, it's 6 premierships in 27

Archived