Oldham vs Keighley

TOSH1960

How many seats are there reserved for Keighley supporters on Sunday?

I can't imagine there'll be reserved seating other than that used by Oldham seated season ticket holders.  I could be wrong here but I reckon it'll be a first come first served situation.  Maybe you should contact your home club to see if there are any arrangements in place?

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

turnstiles open at 1.30 on sunday!

Here's a thing.  It'd be good to have access to the bar pre match.  It seems that ordinarily, once you're in the ground, you can't access the bar until after the game has started or at some time before half-time.  Has some thought been given to this situation OutsiderLookingin?  

I'm looking at entering the ground significantly earlier than I have for every game so far this season rather than grab a pint or two in the bar beforehand.  I'd like to pass through the turnstiles then grab that pint and stand gazing out over the field contemplating the forthcoming action. 

Here's a thing.  It'd be good to have access to the bar pre match.  It seems that ordinarily, once you're in the ground, you can't access the bar until after the game has started or at some time before half-time.  Has some thought been given to this situation OutsiderLookingin?  

I'm looking at entering the ground significantly earlier than I have for every game so far this season rather than grab a pint or two in the bar beforehand.  I'd like to pass through the turnstiles then grab that pint and stand gazing out over the field contemplating the forthcoming action. 

Fans, as always will NOT be able to access the club until after kick off unfortunately, and this is to stop fans from entering the stadium without paying. You can however grab your pint from the pie wagon, and then gaze all you want, once you enter the ground. I will even treat you one of my biccys (from my secret stash - usually only reserved for our VIP's that are under 10!!)

provided you present yourself to my control room with a bunch of flowers, or at the very least a pink carnation in your lapel ;)

Fans, as always will NOT be able to access the club until after kick off unfortunately, and this is to stop fans from entering the stadium without paying. You can however grab your pint from the pie wagon, and then gaze all you want, once you enter the ground. I will even treat you one of my biccys (from my secret stash - usually only reserved for our VIP's that are under 10!!)

provided you present yourself to my control room with a bunch of flowers, or at the very least a pink carnation in your lapel ;)

Makes note to self, flowers required for control room.

I was just thinking though.  Next to nobody is going to turn up at Whitebank just for a drink.  Anyone there pre game is going to the game.  So why not police access to the club from outside to make sure that only VIPs etc can gain access, then anyone else has to pass through the turnstile to gain access to the bar, from the ground.

The way things are at the moment works because you can go in the club, have a pint then come outside and enter the ground without any fear of the ground being full.  That may not be the case on Sunday so I'll swerve the bar to ensure I get in.  I don't want to drink canned beer from the caravan because you know, it's canned beer! :)

Makes note to self, flowers required for control room.

I was just thinking though.  Next to nobody is going to turn up at Whitebank just for a drink.  Anyone there pre game is going to the game.  So why not police access to the club from outside to make sure that only VIPs etc can gain access, then anyone else has to pass through the turnstile to gain access to the bar, from the ground.

The way things are at the moment works because you can go in the club, have a pint then come outside and enter the ground without any fear of the ground being full.  That may not be the case on Sunday so I'll swerve the bar to ensure I get in.  I don't want to drink canned beer from the caravan because you know, it's canned beer! :)

you could always pass your suggestion to Phil Black the gso on pjb.gso.orlfc@googlemail.com and see if you catch him in a good mood :D

Can't see you having any problems beating Keighley. Oldham by 20. You won't choke this time.

Hopefully we'll beat York then have Keighley in the final. We've beaten them four times already this year.

Yes we (the Lions) have, twice in the league and once each in pre-season friendly and the Ipro cup (both away).

I'd have thought you would have made it all ticket, after all, 'Owdham' are truly a sleeping giant of rugby league as your older fans will well know, especially those old enough (like I am) to remember the '50s glory days with men like Ganley, Davies, Pitchford, Turner etc in your ranks.

Oldham are a great old Lancashire club with a long and proud history (much like us) and deserve to be up there with the other big boys.

Give Keighley a good trouncing and be promoted in style, you deserve it after such a storming season.

Then, hopefully, we can do the same a week later and come up and join you there in the Championship.

JUST A SUGGESTION BUT WHY NOT SHUT THE OUTSIDE DOOR TO THE CLUBHOUSE SO FANS CAN ONLY GAIN ACCESS TO THE CLUBHOUSE BAR FROM INSIDE THE GROUND SO EVERYBODY WILL HAVE PAID SO NO ONE CAN SNEAK IN WITHOUT PAYING.  ;)

You need brains to come up with that one , and nobody at the club ( Ch runs it single handed ) thought of that one :pickeat: , unless they have shares in the Britannia at the top of the road and want their sales boosted in lieu of Oldham RLFC's

20447_346989162151_776477151_4748963_7475038_s.jpg

Is it impossible not to put a couple of tables with a couple of barrels of ale inside the ground in the space next to the first aid shed or is that in the too difficult tray.Would probably increase beer sales threefold with an increased profit to the club.Captured audience or what?

It's a bloody joke the way the club is run.

This sort of thing is easy to plan and would make a killing.

It ain't gonna happen though because CH couldn't run a bath.

We couldn't even order enough food for last week's home game, everything was sold out by half time, it's a joke. No doubt the same will happen this week.

From the Keighley website:

Prediction

The Cougars are in red hot form, as are Oldham but Keighley head to Whitebank with a much stronger squad to that what the Roughyeds’ brushed to one side last month and with the home side’s finals record and a Cougars side filled with confidence and the mantra of doing it for Jonesy, it should be an absolute corker on Sunday. – Keighley by 4.

Skybet see it differently:

FvoCnB.png

Oldham's finals record is irrelevant, as the finals have been on neutral grounds, and this game isn't. Our record outside the finals is very good. I'm not sure of this, but isn't our 1 point loss to Hornets a few years ago our only play off defeat at Whitebank? Like everyone else, fingers crossed for Sunday.

Keighley Squad Announcement

Player-Coach Paul March has announced the 20 Man Squad for Sunday's Promotion Final against the Oldham Roughyeds.

The big news coming out of the squad is that Senior Club Captain James Feather is unavailable for selection due to his upcoming wedding.

Adam Brook also misses out after failing a late fitness test on his injured knee.

This means Adam Mitchell is set to retain his place in the squad and continue his partnership with Paul Handforth, who will make his 350th career appearance.

David March has been passed fit after withdrawing from the warm up against Hemel as is Paul himself after missing the last two games.

Samir Tahraoui and Rikki Sheriffe have both been recalled to the side after being rested against the Stags with Hamish Barnes and Ryan Patchett the two unlucky players to miss out.

20 MAN SQUAD TO FACE OLDHAM:

1 - Jesse Sheriffe 
4 - Danny Lawton 
5 - Paul White 
7 - Paul Handforth 
8 - Scott Law 
11 - Ash Lindsay 
12 - Brendon Rawlins
13 - David March 
15 - Neil Cherryholme 
17 - Oliver Pursglove 
19 - Matthew Bailey 
25 - Andy Gabriel 
26 - Paul March 
28 - Josh Lynam 
30 - Rikki Sheriffe 
31 - Scott Lee 
34 - Samir Tahraoui 
35 - Tyler Dickinson 
36 - Josh Guzdek 
37 - Adam Mitchell

Seems to me that the Keighley psyche department are working overtime. '' we're back to full strength'' ''not the same team that lost to you last time'' . Well I say good. I not only want promotion, I want us to go up as Champions. To be top of the league and as champions we will prove we are the Undisputed best team in this division. We don't want to beat a weak team we want them to throw everything at us. That way when we win we know that we can hold our own in the higher division. Come on Oldham come on Oldham come on Oldham.

Let's not forget everyone Oldham only deserve to go up if they win Sunday.  That is the rules, no ifs or buts. 

Reading this thread you would think Oldham are already up.  I predict with a big Cougars support we can give you a game Sunday.  Lets do this for Jonesy. 

Cougars!!!!

Archived