Watersheddings Memories (book)

Pigeon Lofter

On 18/01/2018 at 9:38 PM, Pigeon Lofter said:

Thanks gentlemen!! Above and beyond the call of duty! Much appreciated.

I've joined the auction,so will see how it goes....hopefully,there won't be an avalanche of bidders.

The seller is in Sussex too....same as myself....I even might end up collecting it in person,which will be a strange turn of events!

Hope you get it mate,it's a cracking book.Full of memories for us all.

Well I'm still trying for you. I called into the library shop  in the market hall yesterday but they didn't have it in. However the guy there took my name and phone number and promised to ring me if one of the five that Oldham Libraries have, ever comes in. My golf partner is a charity shop addict and has promised to keep a look out whenever he is in one. so we haven't given up yet.

10 hours ago, Pigeon Lofter said:

Ha!

Pipped at the post....someone paying above £35 so must really have wanted it...

Looks like I'll try and take up UR on his kind loan offer.

Screen Shot 2018-01-25 at 20.16.19 copy.jpg

What a bummer.I too am a charity shop bloke,I'll keep an eye on it as well.

• 2 months later...
On 1/26/2018 at 12:49 PM, Roughyedz said:

Save the search criteria on E-Bay and then if its ever listed again you will get an e-mail off E-Bay telling you

Thanks....just got such an email from eBay a couple of minutes ago. Twenty seconds later,and it's a done deal!

On 1/27/2018 at 10:22 AM, ultimate roughyed said:

Hi PL.  The offer is still open, I’ll be watching Saddleworth Rangers this afternoon if you wanted to collect it from there? If not I’m Going on holiday skiing for a week tomorrow so we can arrange something when I get back.

Regards

UR

Again,thank you for your kind offer. I delayed acting on it,hoping a copy would emerge that I could purchase outright....which has now happened.

Copy due to be collected from my local Argos as my mailbox isn't large enough to accommodate it.

Will get my paws on it on the 4th of May. The seller has almost FOUR MILLION sales on their eBay account,so it's a safe bet it will be a genuine transaction.

It's been a long wait so far,one more week and I'll know if it was worth it!

watersheddings2.jpg

watersheddings.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I won a copy of the book that covers Oldham v Various Tourists in a raffle. It was that or a bottle of whiskey !  So I chose the book. Good reading and some great old photos.  I've read it now so anybody who would like a free copy let me know and I'll sort out when you can pick it up. Normally I'm in Rochdale but for the next two weeks I'm abroad.

Archived