Championship Shield Semi-Final: Dewsbury 18 London 34

andyram

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can't they just sneak in at half time like in "the good old days"?

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

For a u16 to sit in the North Stand is £11,but to stand around the ground its only £2.Seems abit expensive to get your child a seat to me.

Sea fair enough to me. If they can't stand for 80 mins at that age we are in trouble.

Done that once or twice at the old ground when I was younger.I've decided we are all going to the South Stand for the London game,if we enjoy the experience might end up getting our season tickets for 2016 there instead of the North Stand.

You'll enjoy it Andy and so will the kids. Plenty of room even on a busy day and none of that "golly gosh" and "I say" that you get from Grumpy and his ilk.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Done that once or twice at the old ground when I was younger.I've decided we are all going to the South Stand for the London game,if we enjoy the experience might end up getting our season tickets for 2016 there instead of the North Stand.

welcome to the south stand Andy u will enjoy better atmosphere in games that mean something

welcome to the south stand Andy u will enjoy better atmosphere in games that mean something

As an observer from the "golly gosh" stand, judging from the noise not coming out of the SS brigade recently, there must be more atmosphere on the moon :tongue:  Has the bar started selling San Miguel yet ? 

Censorship ends in logical completeness when nobody is allowed to read any books except the books that nobody reads.

George Bernard Shaw.

As an observer from the "golly gosh" stand, judging from the noise not coming out of the SS brigade recently, there must be more atmosphere on the moon :tongue: Has the bar started selling San Miguel yet ?

I'll be back on Sunday Grumpy so will try to grumble a little more loudly than normal, just for you.

As one who doesn't drink (at matches that is) I wouldn't know what variety of beer-goggle filler is sold in the bar. You stick with your Wincarnis in the posh seats.

I'll be back on Sunday Grumpy so will try to grumble a little more loudly than normal, just for you.

As one who doesn't drink (at matches that is) I wouldn't know what variety of beer-goggle filler is sold in the bar. You stick with your Wincarnis in the posh seats.

:tongue:  :tongue:

Censorship ends in logical completeness when nobody is allowed to read any books except the books that nobody reads.

George Bernard Shaw.

That's as long as no flights are delayed ;)

That reminds me is "Snakes on a Plane" on telly this weekend?

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

I'm making one in too on sunday :)

It will be like getting all four beatles back all in one place....the euphoria in the southstand will be simply...amazing ;)

That's as long as no flights are delayed ;)

Don't say that!

Eyjafjallajökull did for my plans once already.

Afew things, firstly we need a big and vocal support sunday so hope were all there, friends family, GET ON TO THEM..,  bring the lot, 80 mins from the final!. I know atmosphere at home is generally quiet unlike the away matches but sunday the lads need some good vocal support. I expect they will get it this weekend though, biggest match of the season to date for us.

Lastly, what happens should we win? I dont want to sound over confident as it so often bites you on the ass! Ask Leythers ;) plus were so inconsistant never know which Rams will turn up, but if we do win, will  final tickets be on sale straight after the game? Will the club or amber ribbon be sorting coach travel out?

Afew things, firstly we need a big and vocal support sunday so hope were all there, friends family, GET ON TO THEM..,  bring the lot, 80 mins from the final!. I know atmosphere at home is generally quiet unlike the away matches but sunday the lads need some good vocal support. I expect they will get it this weekend though, biggest match of the season to date for us.

We (the barmy army) do try sing at home games, it would be better though is folk joined in if they wanted to although more noise is made away. We will be in voice this week though.

If you want to join the barmy army then we usually stand on the half way line at the bottom of the south stand, we're more than happy for you to join us.

"Are you tryin' to mug me off in front of my pals?"

We (the barmy army) do try sing at home games, it would be better though is folk joined in if they wanted to although more noise is made away. We will be in voice this week though.

If you want to join the barmy army then we usually stand on the half way line at the bottom of the south stand, we're more than happy for you to join us.

Or stand a little further up the stand with the hierarchy ;)

[broken record mode]

Stand at the back of the stand and you'll make more noise.

[/broken record mode]

Tom

I'm sure that you all enjoy yourselves but you must excuse one or two of us for declining to join in.

Also the words are very complicated to learn and no-one yet seems to have decided upon a tune.

Archived