Championship Shield Semi-Final: Dewsbury 18 London 34

andyram

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A little early and maybe jumping the gun

What travel plans have been arranged for the final?? As there's only a week inbetween semi & final

Amber ribbon running a bus??

Club running a bus??

Just getting a heads up

Cheers

Ask Faisal he still has his from 2013 when neighbour didn't bottle the semi's

Looks like it could be a pretty dire plate final, could allocate the london fans the away dugout.

Its a shame that the RFL didnt consider a venue closer to London save us making the umpteenth trek up the M1 and M6 this season - we might have filled two dug outs  :onthequiet:

Must be hard supporting a team where away matches are with small villages on your district border ?

We didn't play to our potential, that's true, but can't we give London a bit of credit here too? They played better against us than they have before this season; they slowed us down in the tackle (legally) but we let them get quick ptb's time after time (as we have all season); people thought that they were playing a lot of offside but their line-speed was really good and our speed at the ptb was woeful, again; they put out some excellent short balls in midfield collisions that took us apart time and again; and their second try came from a superb cut-out pass straight to their winger.

Full-time players gain a real advantage at this point of the season from superior fitness, and fewer injuries, combined with the ability to work on all of the finer details on the training pitch. That's just the way it is.

We lost, they won - hey ho!

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

The positives for me were Aizue and Farrell, apart from that iam struggling.

Our defence was useless, that winger ran was getting through our line with ease.

The stray passes from the departing half backs didn't help. I can't remember Thackerays last good game? Very quiet and redundant to get tackled or take on the line, hopefully same again for him next season.

London were better with ball in hand, that Cunningham was nusance, and was quick off the mark - very jealous of that.

And I'm pretty glad Fieldhouse is going, hasn't done anything for us this season. Yes was injured at the start, but hasn't done anything to suggest he can 'do better.' Good riddance.

On refection yesterday was a disappointing end to what has been a mostly decent season.

On 2 occasions this season London came to spoil the game and it cost them. We should have been smarter yesterday knowing they wouldn't let it happen a 3rd time. They were in the end the better side, but IMO were rocking at 16 - 6 with half an hour gone. 

Overall the last couple of season have been good for us reaching semi finals twice on the trot. Next year will be the big one, if we don't win any first team silverware then I believe we can then call it a failure. 

The future's bright, the future's RED AMBER & BLACK!

http://www.jmgaskets-seals.co.uk/ image.png.96e4130d8b139666bf34e8fcdead30d9.png

Congratulations to the dogs you stopped up without help from the rugby league.lol

Thanks Tranquilizer, glad your thinking of us. And nice to see after splashing all the cash this season Dewsbury won a lovely trophy, I just hope you haven't lost the key to the cabinet or the hinges haven't rusted shut :lol:

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

Thanks Tranquilizer, glad your thinking of us. And nice to see after splashing all the cash this season Dewsbury won a lovely trophy, I just hope you haven't lost the key to the cabinet or the hinges haven't rusted shut :lol:

You keep alluding to us "splashing the cash" this season on numerous posts PM. Is this simply snide bitterness or do you have information that the rest of us don't?

As far as I'm aware the only cash that we have spent this season which we didn't previously was on running a 2nd team. The long-term plan was that this will be an investment on which we hope to see a return, so time will tell. I believe, however, that the first team budget was no more than last season.

HTH

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Big let down.

Looked like those players choosing to leave the club and those being discarded by the club had decided they weren't bothers about playing yesterday.

Sorry CF I don't really buy into "the players got a new gig so can't be arsed". I think every player would want to play in a final (and get paid). I travelled to London and watched them rip Batley apart (and we played OK). I had a sneaky feeling they would turn you over and watching the video they were much faster and slicker than Dewsbury.

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

Sorry CF I don't really buy into "the players got a new gig so can't be arsed". I think every player would want to play in a final (and get paid). I travelled to London and watched them rip Batley apart (and we played OK). I had a sneaky feeling they would turn you over and watching the video they were much faster and slicker than Dewsbury.

It was a team (lose terms)

Who had no interest in a final next week

Their season was over and that was evident in their performance on Sunday

Effort was appalling...

On the positive front saved us all £40

On a wasted trip to widnes

Yorkshire air museum next Sunday for me & the lad

Anyway he'll enjoy that better than a rugby mis-match ;)

It was a team (lose terms)

Who had no interest in a final next week

Their season was over and that was evident in their performance on Sunday

Effort was appalling...

On the positive front saved us all £40

On a wasted trip to widnes

Yorkshire air museum next Sunday for me & the lad

Anyway he'll enjoy that better than a rugby mis-match ;)

That's rubbish!

These are RL players who are paid by results and motivated by success. You can't tell me that the simply didn't want to get through to a final that would bring a little glory and, more importantly, extra money for themselves.

They were trying, just failing to succeed.

Anyone can be quicker if the defensive line doesn't bother moving up.  A good coach would have spotted that early doors.   It was obvious for all to see......

Anyone can be quicker if the defensive line doesn't bother moving up. A good coach would have spotted that early doors. It was obvious for all to see......

You mean fifteen months ago I presume Nick?

Congratulations to the dogs you stopped up without help from the rugby league.lol

and this is in reply to what ?......

keep taking the pills Tranquiliser.....

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to determine whether or not they are genuine" ....Abraham Lincoln 1809-1865..

We have to be slightly ambitious as a club though as that puts fans off, but I largely agree with Wilsden Ram. Worth noting mind Wilsden Ram, it was a batley fan telling us we've got Sammut. Although I hear we've signed Ben Reynolds from Leigh, suppose we will find out tonight if true. Next seasons success will depend on how our new half backs go. Our forwards have strengthened with the arrival of Tonks and Groat and most of our players are staying put so 2 decent half backs then we could be in a similar position to this? hopefully Sam wood and Zach Johnson will stay too, zachs huge, been very unlucky with his injury this year

Archived