Bradford carry last hope of SL entry

YOUNG UN

Well after this weekend's round of games only The Bulls have a chance of qualification to SL. They are now guaranteed a place in the million pound game. I reckon it will now be close between Wakey and Salford for automatic re entry to SL. Salford have Widnes and Hull KR away and Wakey have Sheffield away with about 40 points to make up in points diff. I would envisage Wakey v Bulls in the million pound game. I would say that other than the Bulls that Fax take most of the credit and will be a real danger next year. Marshall is an excellent coach and he has got the best out of the players that he mostly inherited.Leigh have fallen well short of where I expected them to be and it will be interesting to see what effect this will have on them next season. Sheffield have finished where expected and will have to make it next year or I can only predict misery for them as a club. Anybody else got any thoughts on how the qualifiers have panned out?

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For selfish reasons I hope that Wakefield survive and retain their SL status.

Richard Marshall has done an excellent job at Fax this season and proves the worth of a carefully selected coach, just like ours. I reckon that they will be the team to watch next year, particularly as they are investing their money in youth, not superannuated quick fixes.

Who might I be thinking of?

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

As I said before all these shenanigans

Nobody up

Nobody down

Transfer window should close 3 months before the start of the middle 8's

Idea for next season

As the middle 8's starting on zero pints

The new structure should be bottom 4 of the championship vs top 4 of championship 1.. Mimicking the middle 8's..with a 2 bob game instead of the million pound game

Remaining clubs in the championship play a round robin mini league for the plate final

Well after this weekend's round of games only The Bulls have a chance of qualification to SL. They are now guaranteed a place in the million pound game. I reckon it will now be close between Wakey and Salford for automatic re entry to SL. Salford have Widnes and Hull KR away and Wakey have Sheffield away with about 40 points to make up in points diff. I would envisage Wakey v Bulls in the million pound game. I would say that other than the Bulls that Fax take most of the credit and will be a real danger next year. Marshall is an excellent coach and he has got the best out of the players that he mostly inherited.Leigh have fallen well short of where I expected them to be and it will be interesting to see what effect this will have on them next season. Sheffield have finished where expected and will have to make it next year or I can only predict misery for them as a club. Anybody else got any thoughts on how the qualifiers have panned out?

Shame about Leigh missing out. I'm gutted

As I said before all these shenanigans

Nobody up

Nobody down

Transfer window should close 3 months before the start of the middle 8's

Idea for next season

As the middle 8's starting on zero pints

The new structure should be bottom 4 of the championship vs top 4 of championship 1.. Mimicking the middle 8's..with a 2 bob game instead of the million pound game

Remaining clubs in the championship play a round robin mini league for the plate final

Interesting idea Coolie, the only question I have for you there is what happens for the remaining 4 teams in the bottom 8 (who would make the top 4)?

"Are you tryin' to mug me off in front of my pals?"

As it says kersey a mini league of home & away (4 games) top 2 playing a one off game neutral ground at the million pound games of both divisions

This would then give the championship a grand final day

Where their would be 3 games

Middle 8 final

Bottom 8 final

Plate final

As it says kersey a mini league of home & away (4 games) top 2 playing a one off game neutral ground at the million pound games of both divisions

This would then give the championship a grand final day

Where their would be 3 games

Middle 8 final

Bottom 8 final

Plate final

Interesting, although it would be six games not four. There is a lot worth considering in this structure.

I predict that nothing will be changed for next year, simply to give the new structure a chance.

The SL clubs seem to love it as well, which does influence matters.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Do feel the plate final is awarding mediocrity

And the middle 8's have been a success

Championship 1 clubs would have as much chance of reaching promotion as the championship clubs have of reaching super league

This would create 4 big games

Super league final

Middle 8 promotion final (place in SL)

Bottom 8 promotion final (place in championship)

Plate final

Over 2 weekends sky could cover both final

Even taking the 8's finals on the road

You want to get your sen a job at Red Hall Coolie mate

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

You want to get your sen a job at Red Hall Coolie mate

The 8's idea is a good one

But needs tinkering with

If the top 4 of the championship has a right at a crack of the league above,so should the championship 1 teams at the championship

And it keeps meaning full games every week for the top 2 tiers and the top 4 of championship 1

The plate competition was a bit lopsided

As basically Doncaster were out after round one of our 8's,and realistically hunslet didn't have much chance either always playing catch up rugby..only a couple of freak results kept them in touch with batley,Workington, Whitehaven

Well one season isn't much to come to such a definitive judgement though, is it?

I'm sure you will also have noticed that the RFL have proposed a different structure for C1 next season.

Well one season isn't much to come to such a definitive judgement though, is it?

I'm sure you will also have noticed that the RFL have proposed a different structure for C1 next season.

Nope not seen it

Hopefully a little more expansive than this season

With the amount of "heartland clubs"

In championship 1

2 places for promotion (1 automatic after a top 2 play off & the other thru a play off

I do believe it will make the championship 1 a stronger competition

Personally I'd like to see Dewsbury have another crack at going unbeaten in the bottom division ;)

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

Sorry to inflict my narrow, parochial slant on things again - I mean I'm all for world domination by RL as a sport, but how are poorly attended and funded teams in that division going to afford to put their players in hotels in the south of France, let alone Canada ? Or are the RFL going to fund this little adventure ?

Censorship ends in logical completeness when nobody is allowed to read any books except the books that nobody reads.

George Bernard Shaw.

Sorry to inflict my narrow, parochial slant on things again - I mean I'm all for world domination by RL as a sport, but how are poorly attended and funded teams in that division going to afford to put their players in hotels in the south of France, let alone Canada ? Or are the RFL going to fund this little adventure ?

Canadian RL have said they'll fund it.

Tom

I think the RFL are meeting the English clubs cost. Toulouse are paying there own way. As for Canada probably never happen was going to be 2016 now a vague hope of 2017.

Homer: How is education supposed to make me feel smarter? Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain. Remember when I took that home winemaking course, and I forgot how to drive?

[

i]Mr. Burns: Woah, slow down there maestro. There's a *New* Mexico?[/i]

A small change to eights would be to have every league start from scratch - when it all gets split up of course.

Then it reduces the number of dead games, which for us Fev and London majority of the eights have been dead matches because we all knew we were in the play offs. No club or fan wants something handed to them on a plate. Literally.

SL the same, Leeds have lost three games in a row and could still finish top. Warrington Hull Catalans had nothing to play for, that can't be good for revenue surely.

Just a simple way of improving it all in my opinion rather than introducing a whole new system.

A small change to eights would be to have every league start from scratch - when it all gets split up of course.

Then it reduces the number of dead games, which for us Fev and London majority of the eights have been dead matches because we all knew we were in the play offs. No club or fan wants something handed to them on a plate. Literally.

SL the same, Leeds have lost three games in a row and could still finish top. Warrington Hull Catalans had nothing to play for, that can't be good for revenue surely.

Just a simple way of improving it all in my opinion rather than introducing a whole new system.

You can't do that though with the Bottom 8s. Because the teams that will be at the bottom fighting off relegation might as well not try until the bottom 8s start as all their points will be scraped anyway. The bottom 8s can't start from scratch because of the reason above in my post. But what I would do is have the bottom 4 play the top 4 in champ 1 and the other 4 in our league go straight into a knock out comp with the final league positions of the regular season deciding those 4s funding for the following season. The problem with that though is those 4 will lose money by not having the extra fixtures so to be honest I can't see the bottom 8s changing anytime soon.

You can't do that though with the Bottom 8s. Because the teams that will be at the bottom fighting off relegation might as well not try until the bottom 8s start as all their points will be scraped anyway. The bottom 8s can't start from scratch because of the reason above in my post. But what I would do is have the bottom 4 play the top 4 in champ 1 and the other 4 in our league go straight into a knock out comp with the final league positions of the regular season deciding those 4s funding for the following season. The problem with that though is those 4 will lose money by not having the extra fixtures so to be honest I can't see the bottom 8s changing anytime soon.

Good point. Like you say introduce some kind of relegation, bottom 2/4 swap with the likes of Keighley, York, Oldham etc, therefore it also gets rid of the dullness in the bottom 8s.

Just feel teams should face a punishment for defeat, not just feel 'oh well.'

We've lost to Haven and worst of all Doncaster in the eights.

I do think Doncaster would have been more competitive if they had have started from zero. Must of been horrible on 2 points, just sitting there fighting the inevitable. Could have brought in some new players, already had a new coach, could have worked.

Archived