Fev 20 london 10

elppaxr2i

Thoughts?

First half we were terrible, not helped by a combination of poor discipline and inept officiating

Second half we were a lot better - once we took the lead Londons spirit seemed to be broken and they folded pretty quickly and we found it a lot easier to make yards and bust tackles

Thought Blackmore was our best back and Bussey was our best forward

What saddens me though is when Workington get a hold of this game in order to prepare for next week - I dont see any reason for them to be scared of us or to lack any confidence that they wont turn us over especially as its a semi final

Teams should come to us fearing the worse but at this present time it doesnt feel like it

Don't think anyone will fear us but we got through the game today with a win that's all that matters Defence was good in first half but we have problems in attack Hope Matt James is back next week to give us a bit more go forward

What saddens me though is when Workington get a hold of this game in order to prepare for next week - I dont see any reason for them to be scared of us or to lack any confidence that they wont turn us over especially as its a semi final

Teams should come to us fearing the worse but at this present time it doesnt feel like it

Fair enough but equally  I think when we get a hold of the Workington game at London 2 weeks ago when London crushed them 50-10 we won't see any reason to be scared of them. They won't be wildly confident as we've beaten them 72-0 at home & 52-10 and 24-10 away this season. We aren't very pretty at the moment but we're grinding it out and it will be nice for morale if we can make the Shield final with what has become a bit of a bare-bones squad.

Some bewildering decisions by the match officials but would rather concentrate on the positives.Although not in my top 3 thought Minns,Blackmore,Sharp and Cooke came very close.Some good performances from the improving young lads and great to see Milner and Coventry getting on the score sheet and Cooper had is best game in the 1st's to date,don't know what lies in store for these young lads for next season but it's good to see their progression in the last 2 months.

Forza Fev

I agree with what Jon Sharp said after the game- the hard graft in the first half reaped its dividends in the second, and they did tail off after about 60 minutes; you would have thought Rovers were the full-time outfit. Bussey was outstanding and took the initiative away from London, and Baldy and Ellis were their usual selves. If Ormondroyd and James (and maybe Foster)come back I wouldn't be too hasty in making Fev 2nd favourites to win the GF.

Kyran has done well, but Blackmore brings something else, and top class finishing too. Sharpie is Sharpie, Minns is class, and despite his failings as a stand off Sykes is a very good centre.

If Fev get to the GF, it could be decided by who has the best half backs, which could be very interesting considering next years possible recruitments and departures.

I still think that you are the rightful favourites to win the Shield.

I do hope that I'm wrong, of course.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Archived