Fev v Town

Terry Mac

Yeah I'll second that ... Total shambles to be putting that out in semi final.. Poor end to a decent season ... Credit to lads playing and many who are out of position... We haven't even got 17 bodies...

How many play off games have we gone into in this state over the past few years ... Not good enough and might just sway Sammut to be looking elsewhere ...

Dig in boys make your tackles

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Whatever the result today this is an embarrassment for a professional club.    I thought these times were behind us after the debacle at Gateshead a few years back but it seems not.   All credit to the lads who are playing today because it would have been easy for any of those, maybe carrying a knock,, to pull out from what will be a really hard task.    Stacky has driven himself there and back again in order that he can get back for to do another night shift.

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

So we named blokes who are in Las Vegas in our official 19 to the RFL , end up with 16 , and one of them hasnt played for a year ? Its poor and puts us as a club in a poor reflection . Not apportioning individual blame , but generally it's very disappointing indeed to say the least

Well that's it for another season and a big well done to the 15 lads that put themselves through it today.    With only 2 subs it was always going to be very hard going and when they got it back to 34 - 14 it would have been a fair reflection of their efforts.  Sadly they ran away with it in the last 10 minutes to give a lopsided scoreline.   Poor Tom Walker seems to have picked up a nasty ankle injury as well.    Dan Rooney on the bench never even got his boots on.

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

We had a dig , but I'm sorry , I think we should be embarrassed we were in this situation . I don't think it's acceptable for a professional club at our level , and it's not the first time . Everything we say and do must be about progressing , nudging forward and becoming more professional and advancing on and off the pitch . The guys out there , fair play . But we have to learn lessons and make sure that if we are striving to achieve something then we are all on the same page to get the best chance to get rewarded for it . Fev are a shadow of the team they were , and London , who we've seen , beat dewsbury away ... We can be easily among this group if we want

Some heroic efforts today.  Well done to all the lads who put their bodies on the line.  Brilliant effort by all in the second half of the season with quite a few promising youngsters who can only progress.  Looking forward to next season already!

quite a few were writing this team off as no hopers but they done themselves proud indeed rookies and fringe players were heroic today and after 72-0 and 52 -0 this was until the last 5 minutes a far better effort than previous ..well done lads and enjoy the little time off before November .

quite a few were writing this team off as no hopers but they done themselves proud indeed rookies and fringe players were heroic today and after 72-0 and 52 -0 this was until the last 5 minutes a far better effort than previous ..well done lads and enjoy the little time off before November .

Agreed mouse, there are players who deserve more of a chance than they've been given this season.

Would any other team go to a semi final with half a bench ? ...... And I'm talking amateur .. Kids... Women's...

Would another 2 weeks have made such a difference for those going to Vegas?

Our 8 was just an after thought though , or just a left over . The points carried over made it very strange . Trying to get everyone on more of an even footing at the beginning should be the aim , but how to do it when you've played 23 games before ?

Blokes thrown into that environment , sometimes out of position , did do themselves credit

The ones who went to Vegas didn't!

Makes the club look very "tin pot"

I'm very disappointed the club allowed this to happen again. 

Always have been always will be the pride of West Cumbria!

Jarrod Stack drove himself to the game today in order that he can get back in time for a night shift tonight. Kris Coward played something like 75 minutes at prop today. PV said that Alex Szostak suffered an injury in warm up but played anyway. Apparently he couldn't turn one way. Whatever happened with the lads who weren't available these lads and the other lads deserve our support. Also hoping all the lads who are away are available to Phil next season. Just my opinion but this is the end of the season and its time to look at the bigger picture

Jarrod Stack drove himself to the game today in order that he can get back in time for a night shift tonight. Kris Coward played something like 75 minutes at prop today. PV said that Alex Szostak suffered an injury in warm up but played anyway. Apparently he couldn't turn one way. Whatever happened with the lads who weren't available these lads and the other lads deserve our support. Also hoping all the lads who are away are available to Phil next season. Just my opinion but this is the end of the season and its time to look at the bigger picture

The question here is "what do we see as the bigger picture?".    We had the coach saying he wanted us to make the semi-final of this Shield competition and have a go for a bit of silver but yet the players seem to have had a different idea of when the season ended!!!!     We need to know from the outset next season what the bigger picture is and get everyone buying in to it.

The question here is "what do we see as the bigger picture?".    We had the coach saying he wanted us to make the semi-final of this Shield competition and have a go for a bit of silver but yet the players seem to have had a different idea of when the season ended!!!!     We need to know from the outset next season what the bigger picture is and get everyone buying in to it.

well said , but the reality of todays game and result is the lads that turned out today are as equal if not slightly better than the previous squads facing Fev at home , we can put it down to sprit but spirit is a good thing , great effort and more focus should be on those that played than those not available 

felt sorry for your chairman after the game who said he was still trying to get Sammut to sign. Can't make it any easier to get a star player to stay with a club when a chunk of his teammates go AWOL for a semi. Credit to the Workington lads who did show up and put in a shift.

Did he ? Wow this is ongoing . Don't know if that's good or bad but hopefully now the season is put to bed we get news on tying up loose ends and the future this week

Hopefully the RL will take its head out of its ###### and get the format and fixtures sorted ASAP. Then players can make holiday plans for next year, and there can be no excuses or exceptions.

It can't have been pleasant for our directors to go to Fev with 15 players and face up to their Fev counterparts.

Archived