Flexi ticket

Kevin Nicholas

We will meet shortly to plan for next year and discuss season tickets. A flexi ticket has been mentioned on here so just canvassing opinions with nothing yet decided.

Views please on -

A ticket at a cost of say £70 which gave you a £7 discount on any game you attend so that an Adult admission would then be £10 or Concession £5. So the cost of £70 would be same for an adult & concession. If you attend more than 10 games there would be a saving.

If Kids season tickets were say £30 each then 2 adults buying such a ticket each & 2 kids season tickets would mean a family could pay £200 and then all 4 attend each game for £20 but equally an individual would benefit the same.

Just a thought to consider?

We will meet shortly to plan for next year and discuss season tickets. A flexi ticket has been mentioned on here so just canvassing opinions with nothing yet decided.

Views please on -

A ticket at a cost of say £70 which gave you a £7 discount on any game you attend so that an Adult admission would then be £10 or Concession £5. So the cost of £70 would be same for an adult & concession. If you attend more than 10 games there would be a saving.

If Kids season tickets were say £30 each then 2 adults buying such a ticket each & 2 kids season tickets would mean a family could pay £200 and then all 4 attend each game for £20 but equally an individual would benefit the same.

Sounds like a very good idea that Kevin, a few fans do miss the odd game for holidays or whatever so a bit of flexibility is a good idea.

Maybe a mini ticket for our biggest 5 games done at a decent price may tempt a few floaters and the ones who turn up for the bigger games only too - say it covers Dewsbury, Leigh, Bradford, Featherstone & Halifax for example

What we're dealing with here is a complete lack of respect for the law

Good Ideas. We need to think slightly outside the box imo

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

Sees like a decent idea.

How did it work out with the offer of the last three home fixtures, no need for exact figures just an insight whether anybody took up the offer. 

Cheers Roger.

Views please on -

Good idea and a positive response to the fans.

Go with it KN (I won't be buying one, sorry).

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Ok pizz on the bonfire time

Doesn't this offer just appeal to the converted?? ... Or certified (little difference)

Yeah it's steps in the direction where KN is actually interacting with the fans on a level playing field...which is a breakthrough

It's the new fans you need to attract

And someone new to the game ain't going to stump up hundreds of pounds for something they "might like"

There no criticism leveled here in no way or form

Just a view of someone not emotionally involved,a view from outside the box

Keep this thread going and pitching idea's

It's steps in the right direction lads

I may have stated before that I am a million miles away from being a marketing guru but from personal experience I took my missus (yeah I know) and daughter to the bigger fixtures this season and because of the atmosphere they are far more willing to return to another game than if they had gone to a less attractive fixture with a lower ticket price so there may be something in targeting the top fixtures with some form of incentive, be that for families or juniors. In the wastelands of the West Midlands, Coventry City have enjoyed success by offering cheap family tickets to different junior and secondary schools for every home game. Wasps gave out cheap flags at their first "home" fixture and offered all of Coventry's junior schools discounted tickets and the kids wanted to go back to re-use the flags and the parents were happy to do so because the tickets were reduced again. Speculate to accumalate. Don't get me wrong, I am not suggesting tacky flags but scarves or something else may work. Whilst on a roll, does the club capture data from anyone who visits their official web site or on match days to record e-mail addresses or mobile phone numbers to send alerts, offers etc or to thank them for visiting? Enough from me, I'll open another can.

This idea is not meant to inspire anyone who does not attend games to do so I don't think.

Remember this is not our idea but one suggested that has been used elsewhere.

I think it is aimed at someone who attends matches already but for various reasons a season ticket is not an option. They can make a saving even if they do not attend every game so may buy such a ticket. I think that is idea but not sure as it is what others have suggested and canvassing opinion.

Targeted discounted tickets for big games to people who otherwise were not coming is good if it can be achieved but not generally or income will be less from same gate. Difficult to resolve and a different issue.

Need to know views on this Flexi ticket proposal first to see if it worth doing.

This idea is not meant to inspire anyone who does not attend games to do so I don't think.

I think it is aimed at someone who attends matches already but for various reasons a season ticket is not an option. They can make a saving even if they do not attend every game so may buy such a ticket. I think that is idea but not sure as it is what others have suggested and canvassing opinion.

Targeted discounted tickets for big games to people who otherwise were not coming is good if it can be achieved but not generally or income will be less from same gate. Difficult to resolve and a different issue.

Need to know views on this Flexi ticket proposal first to see if it worth doing.

I think the idea is definitely worth running with Kevin. I know for a fact that this system has increased attendances at Bradford City, and gives the Club some income certainty, even if all the games are not attended by the supporter. It is a good addition to the current season ticket system, and a positive step forward from the Club. Taking this a stage further, you could run this system in partnership with local youth teams (possibly giving a certain number of flexi tickets to each Club) which would encourage both support and potential scouting routes for the future. I have noticed a regular contingency of young players and parents from the Birkenshaw youth team at many home games this season.

On that basis then you can put Coolie down for one.

:onthequiet:

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

I'm still struggling beyond charging u11s anything at all. Get them here, their parents have to pay, then they spend a load of brass on food/drink/shirts. I said it last year, I will say it again.

5 match family ticket - £150

10 match family ticket - £285

General sale flexi card - £50, then £10 entry.

#outofthebox #keepitsimple

Regarding my flexi card @ £50 idea:

In effect it is a way of spreading the cost of attending between a smaller upfront payment and further reduced rates.

Everyone wins - a fan watching no games has essentially gifted the club £50, a fan watching 5 games pays £100 and therefore needs to carry on coming to feel the benefit. Not being able to waste an incentive, most fans would want to attend at least 7 games (£50 + £70 = £120/ 7x17 = £119) as that is their break even point.

Beyond that, the fan sees a saving of £7 per game, but is quite likely to put that over the bar or buy food etc. the club continues to win in some instances as attendance at extra games might not have occurred under the old system of £17 a game.

To me it is an absolute no-brainer to me.

Archived