Who next?

Snoopy Loopy

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's very obvious that Mat would not get your vote st the board meeting.

Our chairman had never been a supporter of Mayfield or anything to do with it either.

It looks as though the process of appointing a new coach will not be a level playing field.

I would support the best man for the job. Mat ticks all the boxes.

Looks like you've made your mind up already Doug. I'm waiting to see who else is interested. I don't think that's an unreasonable position to take.

So 'Talbot' has gone back to Saints to run there 'Reserve Team', I'm guessing that a lot of the other 'Super League' Clubs are going to be running Reserve Teams also so where does this leave the 'Dual Registration' ?, the 'Super League' Clubs won't be needing to Ship players out for 'Match Fitness' etc, so 'Saints' won't need to be interfering in 'Hornets' business etc. So then it comes to attracting players to the Club , New Coach etc. What makes People think 'Matt Calland' wants the Job ?, He was given 'False Promises' by the Board when he ran the U 20's (or what ever Age it was) , add to that what makes people think the 'Local Talent' is going to want to play for 'Hornets' ? , some of the recent ones where 'Messed around' and 'Others' are just not Interested, especially when 'Board Members' are asking 'Local Business Men' to ask Players if they will Play for 'Hornets' ;-) lol

"There are only 5 functions of Internet FORUMS. . . . . . . . . . Brag . . Patronise . . Wind-up . . Fawn . . Threaten. . . . . . . . . Which one did you perform? "

Andy 'Ghosty' Rogose is Ghostbuster

(Vice Chairman Rochdale Fijian Association) (Member Rochdale Mayfield A.R.L.F.C)

I cant see them now, but when the players had a profile with questions and answers i seem to remember a lot of them seem to suggest they were at the club because of links with Talbot and the Saints connection. Are the players signed up to contracts or are they likely to follow IT?

With regards a new coach I think a lot will depend on what they have to work with, money is obviously tight but is there any at all? Or has it all been tied up in players signed last year?

Some interesting comments on the coaching situation. I think the link with Saints has done Hornets far more good than harm. It gave Pugwash the chance to see his club lift a cup. All other incarnations of Hornets had failed to do this. Although they came mighty close in 71.

It is quite interesting who mentioned Paul Wellens? That guy stands out amongst Hornets fans with his knowledge of the game not just passion which is in bucketful's with most of the faithful. I do think one or two individuals are clinging on to thinking the failures of the past which they played a major part had some glory about those times and are looking for the privileges of involvement to come again.

For what it is worth I think it benefits all by stopping dual registration and going back to A teams. One point to make though it was not just washing kits for free. The training and medical plus coaching support Saints provided will now need to be budgeted for and I wish the co-operative well. It is without doubt a more respected set up within the community these days which is more important than the opinion of the guys in the Brickcroft social who in reality wouldn't turn up if Hornets won every home game.

So who will appoint the new coach? Will it be board members only,or will the decision be open to all paid up members who attend the meeting on that particular day? Just asking.

Much as I'm genuinely in favour of a democratically run club I think from a practical point of view that will be pretty difficult to organise. Obviously I would have though a short list of prospective candidates will be drawn up first of all. Then the guys on the short list will have to be interviewed.

With the best will in the World we couldn't have a mass short listing panel followed by a mass interview panel.   Chances are the interviews alone will take up the best part of a day I would have thought. 

What would you like to happen Dave ? 

I've no answers to be honest other than the normal process that every other club follows..

Yes, I see your point TS, not much point in having a board if they can`t make decisions through the process of managing the club being clogged up with too many cooks spoiling the broth so to speak. But let`s just hope whoever they do appoint has a Rochdale affiliation somewhere in his resume, not like the appointment of a St.Helens would be if he could be, who, in my opinion, was just killing time until summat better came up, preferably at Saints.

I think with the new training ground up and running that maybe Hornets new the link wit Saints was coming to an end,so it could be a purely Rochdale decision. I would like Matt with either Ged Corcorran or Sam Butt.It may be tough on Mayfield but thats the natural progression in rugby

Diddy Dave see's Shaun McRae at the Seagulls club in Australia. Perhaps a little word in his ear, that there is a coaching job going at Rochdale.

Who knows a CV might be on its way from Australia.

Tongue_in_cheek.jpg

A large VAT Dave please.

Allso known as Teodozjusz Matuschanskavasky

Regrettably Shaun McRae is basically retired now with his St.Helens born wife, only managing the Seagulls as he decided to retire to Tweed Heads and the job just happened to come up a couple of years ago. Plus I got the impression that he likes to coach clubs who have a few bob to spend on players and that`s clearly not the case with Hornets.

I liked Bomber, and his wife was a real good laugh years ago. She dropped on with him. To be honest he is not a Hornets type. Wello if he would come without a Saints connection to cut his teeth would be ideal in my view. it would be good for both parties.

I think you can basically put your house on Dave Woods though, I can imagine that is a done deal.

I liked Bomber, and his wife was a real good laugh years ago. She dropped on with him. To be honest he is not a Hornets type. Wello if he would come without a Saints connection to cut his teeth would be ideal in my view. it would be good for both parties.

I think you can basically put your house on Dave Woods though, I can imagine that is a done deal.

Think you are right there LJ. The job has been advertised to cover the legal aspect, but the time scale given for prospective applicants to consider, then apply has been very short. Tol leaves, the advert is in the following Mondays press and the applications had to be in by the following Friday..... Speed Kills.

QUIS CUSTODIAT IPSOS CUSTODES

Think you are right there LJ. The job has been advertised to cover the legal aspect, but the time scale given for prospective applicants to consider, then apply has been very short. Tol leaves, the advert is in the following Mondays press and the applications had to be in by the following Friday..... Speed Kills.

If thats the case it is pathetic and will mean that this move was pre planned a long time ago (when Woods started helping Talbot on a voluntary basis) did you see how the results improved due to Woods input? think not!

People in this thread make reference to reasons for people leaving clubs - do some research into why Woods was sacked from Gateshead a couple of years back - dosent get much more sinister than that.

If and I say If Woods gets the job you wont see me at Hornets next year - oh yeah and they better increase the pie order 

How long do you need to decide wether you want a new job or not ? Especially today when applications can be e-mailed in a flash. If it takes you 5 days to decide to apply or not it's obvious to me the job isn't really for you.

The Rugby League World is a small world. Most interested parties would have known a job was likely to become vacant at Hornets a while before the job was advertised.

If thats the case it is pathetic and will mean that this move was pre planned a long time ago (when Woods started helping Talbot on a voluntary basis) did you see how the results improved due to Woods input? think not!

People in this thread make reference to reasons for people leaving clubs - do some research into why Woods was sacked from Gateshead a couple of years back - dosent get much more sinister than that.

If and I say If Woods gets the job you wont see me at Hornets next year - oh yeah and they better increase the pie order

Does an individual helping on a voluntary basis over rule or make significant changes in any walk of life?

Any examples you can give will be much appreciated.

It was very sinister.You may also enjoy some information from York followers who followed the money man and not the rugby league man ( Woods ) at their club under the money man Guildford.

The eating of pies does not necessarily mean excess weight - equally those not eating any pies,but due to other reasons,do carry excess weight.

If you have seen Dave Woods eat a pie - or drink alcohol,despite running pubs,I would be very surprised.

Has Dave Woods applied for the job?

No reserves,but resilience,persistence and determination are omnipotent.                       

One would have hoped that a coach as experienced as Woods would have had some positive impact - suggestions on team selection, new moves, style of play, hints about the opposition etc which would have improved the performances but this didnt happen.

Anyway this isnt about Dave Woods its about encouraging the club to select the best man for the job at this current time - in terms of connections in the town, connections in the championship, coaching record and what the fans want etc.

We all know that not many posters post on this forum but if you take me out there are at least 7 posters that would like Calland - more than usually contribute in three months :biggrin: .

Interest in the club is at a low point again after last season, lets do something that will rejuvenate the interest, bring a few local lads and look forward to next season 

Over to the club/board - I just hope they do the right thing by the club.

Yeah I read that before posting and I actually think it sounds pretty ominous but it's all about opinions - strange how there is no follow up from the RFL stating "no wrong doing"

And yeap move on...... Plenty of good stuff to look forward to if the right choices are made

Yeah I read that before posting and I actually think it sounds pretty ominous but it's all about opinions - strange how there is no follow up from the RFL stating "no wrong doing"

Yes.I think it is disgraceful that he does NOT have convictions for assault like another coach mentioned on here - and when Calland won things that year at Halifax it was when they were allowed to go beyond the salary cap - because they had started recruiting before the cap was set - and they won silverware with 2 players Dave Woods recruited from Australia,Luke Branighan and Dylan Nash.

If Hornetto examines deeper he will find the 'other shareholder' at the time of the 'sinister sacking' was Neil Macpherson.

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/midgley-voices-concern-over-thunder-1555395

http://www.mirror.co.uk/lifestyle/family/love-rat-fraudster-tax-mans-1691276

It's a long way to travel to meet dishonest people - and lose a job when you have a family to provide for.

No reserves,but resilience,persistence and determination are omnipotent.                       

Archived