Looks like it's more or less the whole industry

http://gu.com/p/4czfg?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other

It looks like VAG (the parent VW group) will get the worst of the publicity over this but going by those results aren't the worst offenders.  I think we'll see the manufacturers throw VAG to the wolves while try to stay out of it as much as possible.

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

This whole saga is going to put a big dent in Germany's manufacturing sector, probably running into 10's of billions, and seriously damage their reputation & image.

VW has gone from Mr Safe, solid & reliable to Arthur Daley car sales in 1 fail swoop - bit like going from Cartier to Ratners :D .

Totally uncalled for ST, All my cars are pre owned classics, and nothing under hand like VW.

5654192445_452f62aabf.jpg

( and no I don't know how a bit of saw dust got in one or two gearboxes)

A large VAT Dave please.

Allso known as Teodozjusz Matuschanskavasky

It looks like VAG (the parent VW group) will get the worst of the publicity over this but going by those results aren't the worst offenders. I think we'll see the manufacturers throw VAG to the wolves while try to stay out of it as much as possible.

I suspect you're right. Hopefully it's going to make the industry be more honest. I suspect had tesla been nearly there on the model 3 yet their stock would have sky rocketed at this point.

I hope the link works. It should show a cartoon from ekathimerini (a Greek online newspaper) a few days ago. It's taken me a while to find it. I was beginning to think they'd taken it down.

http://www.ekathimerini.com/201976/sketch/ekathimerini/cartoon/cartoon

I found it funny.

Rethymno Rugby League Appreciation Society

Founder (and, so far, only) member.

Archived