Who's applied for next season

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

the NCL is a goal for my club Seaton, and while its not on the immediate agenda the vote on winter rugby thats imminent in West Cumbria may change that. If the NCL regionalised the bottom two divisions that would make it an even more attractive proposition

Forget Chuck and Chad I am the real legend killer

well I don't think it is fatboystu the way there have gone about there recuiting there juniors sides leaves a bad taste in ur mouth

I totally agree with you. They might have managed to move a club of juniors into a merger with them but at what cost? I don't believe they ran an A team during the Yorkshire mens league season and they don't have an u18s either.......aren't they basic requirements for entry to the NCL?

I totally agree with you. They might have managed to move a club of juniors into a merger with them but at what cost? I don't believe they ran an A team during the Yorkshire mens league season and they don't have an u18s either.......aren't they basic requirements for entry to the NCL?

What Criteria/Requirements hardly any team complied

that's never going to happen gillmeister  if u have not the  money to afford the coach trips away whats the  point in entering  that's why its called the national league

It would improve the comp IMO. Nothing to do with money its fair to say that we have reserves of that and the most registered youth players in the county of Cumbria

Forget Chuck and Chad I am the real legend killer

It would improve the comp IMO. Nothing to do with money its fair to say that we have reserves of that and the most registered youth players in the county of Cumbria

The NCL should never become regionalised and I fail to see how the comp would be improved by doing so.Surely stopping in and winning the Cumbria league would be the way to go if you want a regionalised league,didn't Seaton pull out of the That league mid season a couple of years ago,due to player numbers,I take it that has been resolved now.

Why enter the NCL if you want it to be regional? If you were to gain promotion from the regional league into National would you decline because you want to stay regional?

I'm not saying that I disagree with creating regional leagues at a lower level; but I think that part of joining NCL is that you have to be prepared to travel to all corners of the North

Do you think Manchester Rangers will apply to join? I think this league would be perfect fit for an ambitious club like Rangers.

​​ 

​THE NORTH OF ENGLAND WITH A POPULATION OF NEARLY 17 MILLION PEOPLE IS THE TRUE EXPANSION AREA FOR RUGBY LEAGUE........IF IT CAN'T EXPAND HERE, WHERE CAN IT EXPAND?

​                       

​                        

Do you think Manchester Rangers will apply to join? I think this league would be perfect fit for an ambitious club like Rangers.

Tough one as they'd have to recruit a new team without the incentive of money. Maybe if they can get a good young team it could work with the prospect of a pro contract.

Tough one as they'd have to recruit a new team without the incentive of money. Maybe if they can get a good young team it could work with the prospect of a pro contract.

I think the 'A' team is coming along well and would probably replace them in NWML 4 . They've been attracting some good young players already because of the direction the club appears to moving in. It's a possibility rather than a probability. I just think it could be? in time, a great fit for both this club and this league.

​​ 

​THE NORTH OF ENGLAND WITH A POPULATION OF NEARLY 17 MILLION PEOPLE IS THE TRUE EXPANSION AREA FOR RUGBY LEAGUE........IF IT CAN'T EXPAND HERE, WHERE CAN IT EXPAND?

​                       

​                        

It depends how you do things. If you recruit some good young players who look like they could make the step up to League 1 then it would be worth using the NCL as a stepping stone. If the plan is to raid Folly Lane to get a new team for the NCL and then ditch the players for Salford ex-academy players when you step up then I think you'd be better off waiting til you're ready to go straight into League 1

It depends how you do things. If you recruit some good young players who look like they could make the step up to League 1 then it would be worth using the NCL as a stepping stone. If the plan is to raid Folly Lane to get a new team for the NCL and then ditch the players for Salford ex-academy players when you step up then I think you'd be better off waiting til you're ready to go straight into League 1

Yes, of course that wouldn't benefit anyone. Least of all player development in Manchester. If they were to be admitted? It would need to well thought out. They should only be admitted if they can prove they'd be a good addition to the NCL and it's not just a stepping stone league.

​​ 

​                       

​                        

I think gordie long and the Sharlston rovers committee have made great strives to achieve conference status there has been a tremendous turnaround in how the club striven to bring in as many local lads as possible from the first team down to the tots. Every Wednesday it has been a pleasure to watch all the different age groups turning up to be coached and nurtured by gordie,s staff  and the whole community are behind this new look Sharlston Rovers 100% and good luck to them in securing a place in the NCL.

chappy

I think the 'A' team is coming along well and would probably replace them in NWML 4 . They've been attracting some good young players already because of the direction the club appears to moving in. It's a possibility rather than a probability. I just think it could be? in time, a great fit for both this club and this league.

The demands of NCL compared to division 4 NWML are vastly different. We've seen clubs join from lower leagues and end up dropping out and they were div 1/2 clubs (St Cuthberts / Hindley)

Also Rangers playing day of Friday nights won't do the club any favours in a national competition. I doubt the Yorkshire clubs would want to travel on M62 on a Friday evening. Would the ground be available on Saturdays?

What do Rangers have in regards to Junior teams?

Archived