Map of Rumoured Grounds

Dave Naylor

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's all rumour. That's the problem. Anybody would think it's a matter of national security. He needs to get a grip and tell us.I think he wants to wait for everyone to buy their season tickets then tell us its the nou camp in Spain or something daft like that.

Mossley would be the worst choice access wise after leigh, a car would be only viable way to get there Sundays, one bus an hour from Ashton is the only other option. The train is a no go unless you fancy a steep one mile hike from bottom to top Mossley.

It would be interesting how people travel to Whitebank  now.

Suspect there are not a majority following your route.

It's immaterial if the standards are not met I guess.

But there are buses every 2o mins with some as few as 25 mins journey

It would be interesting how people travel to Whitebank  now.

Ha ha ha , a Bus every 20 mins on a Sunday anywhere in the country , never mind Oldham, and it will be 2 buses or more even to Whitebank

20447_346989162151_776477151_4748963_7475038_s.jpg

It would be interesting how people travel to Whitebank now.

As stated not on a Sunday, there is a bus from the town centre to top Mossley a 20 min journey but they are hourly but you would still have to get into Oldham. Not that it matters if the ground isn't up to standard.

It isn't....i keep hearing mossley & saddleworth as options...but they don't meet the standards so its not a option

saw the state of the Saddleworth facilities on BBC Look North last week and i was astounded ........ it looked a wreck, im surprised it meets National League standards 

that stand they have,down the sideline, is fine...if they had another being the goal opposite the dressing sheds then maybe its a viable option...but they don't

I was refering to the "Bricks" all stacked together behing the goals , sorry changing facilities and club house. Sheds probably is the correct word

Ive heard a very strong rumour about the manchester regional athletics arena...

Out of all the rumoured grounds, that's the only one where someone (MancRL) has said that CH has been seen on site in recent months.  Given what little information we have available, that's got to put it near the top of the list. 

Out of all the rumoured grounds, that's the only one where someone (MancRL) has said that CH has been seen on site in recent months.  Given what little information we have available, that's got to put it near the top of the list.

Phil Fitton who is the main man at Manchester Rangers, he worked for the RFL. And I believe he knows CH. Now If this were to happen? I think sport England and others would need to give their approval. Obviously Oldham being professional and Rangers being amature bring different conditions for both clubs.

But if Oldham did get to play there? the fans won't be dissapionted and it is within reasonable traveling distance of Oldham. I know it's second best to BP, but it does have many things BP doesn't have. If they did manage to get the Regional Arena? Firstly, if the attendance was big enough? There would be a case to open 'City Square' on match days. Or at least open it partly. Which would increase the fan experience on the day with the option for live music and entertainment. Which I believe in the long term Oldham could exploit and attract new and more support whilst planning their return to Oldham.

I don't know if the Regional Arena, Etihad Campus is going to happen. But I genuinely believe this could be a once in a lifetime opportunity for 'Roughyeds' to use this possible temporary move to put the club back on the Map. If any of you Oldham supporters have some spare time on Friday? Come along and watch the Rangers v Rochdale Cobras game at 19.30 KO and have a look for yourself.

I'm wondering if this did happen? Is there going to be some kind of partnership between Oldham and Rangers?

​​ 

​THE NORTH OF ENGLAND WITH A POPULATION OF NEARLY 17 MILLION PEOPLE IS THE TRUE EXPANSION AREA FOR RUGBY LEAGUE........IF IT CAN'T EXPAND HERE, WHERE CAN IT EXPAND?

​                       

​                        

I don't know if the Regional Arena, Etihad Campus is going to happen. But I genuinely believe this could be a once in a lifetime opportunity for 'Roughyeds' to use this possible temporary move to put the club back on the Map. If any of you Oldham supporters have some spare time on Friday? Come along and watch the Rangers v Rochdale Cobras game at 19.30 KO and have a look for yourself.

On the Sunday when we won promotion, the feeling was that a ground announcement would quickly follow. Manchester Rangers had a home game that Friday and had the news broke that our home in 2016 was indeed The Regional Arena, I was going to come along for a look-see.  Anyway, the announcement didn't come.   I sort of wish I'd come along anyway now.

This Friday, it's the club's presentation dinner so anyone attending wouldn't be able to make it down for the game.  Looks like it's your last home game of the season too. 

I travelled there last Friday on the Metrolink from Bowker Vale, Crumpsall. Which is a similar journey to many Oldham supporters who live in the Oldham area would need to make. It's a pretty easy trip with trams every 12 minutes off peak, 6 minutes peak and a massive Metrolink stop at the Etihad which caters for

thousands.

Because the Regional Arena has got a low roof all the way round it....apart from keeping you dry, it also creates a good atmosphere keeping the noise inside. The running track is basically a warm-up track so it's a lot closer to the pitch than

photos give it justice. You'll just have to take my word for that.

At the moment they only open the bar and cafe inside the indoor running track due to Rangers average 170 attendees which caters well for that crowd. But they allow you to bring your drinks into the stadium from there. But 'City Square' is literally right outside the stadium.

I don't know if this will happen. I'm just trying to inform Oldham RLFC supporters about the place. So please don't

shoot the messenger.

post-43957-0-23789700-1443699324_thumb.jpegpost-43957-0-83397200-1443699343_thumb.jpeg

​​ 

​THE NORTH OF ENGLAND WITH A POPULATION OF NEARLY 17 MILLION PEOPLE IS THE TRUE EXPANSION AREA FOR RUGBY LEAGUE........IF IT CAN'T EXPAND HERE, WHERE CAN IT EXPAND?

​                       

​                        

Looking at MCFC's home games from 13th February onwards, looks like there are 6 potential occasions where the advertised Saturday fixture could be moved to the Sunday for TV purposes.  I'm assuming here that games at the Arena and The Etihad wouldn't take place simultaneously.  Of the 6 games, maybe three are likely candidates for a move to Sunday: the Manchester derby then Spurs and Arsenal.   I reckon that gives sufficient leverage for Oldham being allocated away games on those dates or the game being moved to Saturday.

Archived