NRL Dally M Awards results (for those interested)

Allora

Jonathon Thurston won a record fourth Dally M award last night.

The results were.

Player of the Year: Johnathan Thurston

Fullback: Roger Tuivasa-Sheck

Winger: Semi Radradra

Centre: James Roberts

Five-eighth: Blake Austin

Halfback: Johnathan Thurston

Prop: Aaron Woods

Hooker: Michael Ennis

Second-rower: Josh Jackson

Lock: Jason Taumalolo

Coach: Wayne Bennett

Rookie of the year: Jack Bird

Representative player of the year: Corey Parker

Under-20s player of the year: Ashley Taylor

Womens’ player of the year: Jenni Sue Hoepper

Talent is secondary to whether players are confident.

DALLY M MEDAL VOTING

After each NRL game, rugby league experts vote to award three votes to the best player, two votes to the second-best player, and one vote to the third-best player.

Additionally, a player will lose three votes for each week of suspension that he incurs during the season.

If a player is suspended twice, he is ineligible for the Dally M Medal

The votes for each round are made public up to Round 16 when they then go behind closed doors.

DALLY M JUDGING PANEL

The 2015 judging panel is: The Daily Telegraph: Dean Ritchie, David Riccio, Nick Walshaw, Paul Crawley, Christian Nicolussi, James Hooper.

Fox Sports: Braith Anasta, Mark Gasnier, Jimmy Smith, Greg Alexander, Gary Belcher, Brett Kimmorley.

Channel 9: Andrew Johns, Brad Fittler, Wally Lewis, Darren Lockyer, Brett Finch.

Sky TV: Daryl Halligan.

Talent is secondary to whether players are confident.

I've seen a fair bit of NRL this year. I think Woods is a good shout for the season overall, he had some very good games.

You can't argue with the halves, wing and full back. I didn't see enough of Roberts in the centre to make a call there.

I would have expected Corey Parker to get lock of the year and I think Ennis is lucky to get in ahead of the Cowboys hooker (can't remember his name).

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

Milford should have got the five-eighth award. He is easily the best best 5/8 with Morgan next after him. Woods is massively overrated, Matt Scott, Dylan Napa, Jesse Bromwich, JWH, Blair and even McGuire are all much better props than him. Roberts at centre, RTS at fullback and Semi at wing I agree with, Josh Jackson is another overrated player, Aidan Guerra or Wade Graham should have got that award. There is no way in hell Ennis is better than Smith, Granville, Macca or Friend. 

Warea-Hargreaves is the best and most feared prop in the world. That said, Woods is quality.

Confess I forgot Roberts in my own list on the Aussie forum. I wouldn't argue with that actually. Sensational ball runner.

Wade Graham or Boyd Cordner over Josh Jackson for second row for me and Lachlan Coote for FB.

But no major gripes really. Good selections by and large. Pleased for Austin in particular.

I think Ennis is lucky to get in ahead of the Cowboys hooker (can't remember his name).

Granville's been great but Ennis has been next-level good and made up for the Sharks' half back attacking deficiencies in spades. Also no longer being captain means we see less of his childish ref-baiting antics, which is a bonus. They seem to have passed unchecked to his Bulldogs' successor James Graham.

That said, Woods is quality.

He doesn't bend the line. His defence consists of coming in third man and flopping on his team mates to slow the PTB down. If that's quality then you are easily pleased. As back to the future said, a plodder. I kept an eye on him during SoO, as I couldn't see what the fuss was about, and he was average at best. At one point in game three he gave the ball to James Tamou instead of taking the ball up himself despite having come back onto the pitch two minutes earlier.

rldfsignature.jpg

Granville's been great but Ennis has been next-level good and made up for the Sharks' half back attacking deficiencies in spades. Also no longer being captain means we see less of his childish ref-baiting antics, which is a bonus. They seem to have passed unchecked to his Bulldogs' successor James Graham.

Do you watch the NRL? Ennis is still a whiner, captain or not.

rldfsignature.jpg

Very interesting . Fox sports were handing the rookie to Lolohea in their coverage , but can't argue with Bird ( even as a dragons fan ! ) . I may have gone with Ferguson , as his strength and impact look second to none nowadays . Good on Austin , I think he's been outstanding in a lesser team . Id give hooker to Granville , wow what an electric player . Slightly surprised at Woods tbh . Top player , but a few others maybe more deserving , and to me Mat Scott is still the daddy of props . Love Josh Jackson , alround outstanding player and granite tough .

DALLY M MEDAL VOTING

After each NRL game, rugby league experts vote to award three votes to the best player, two votes to the second-best player, and one vote to the third-best player.

Additionally, a player will lose three votes for each week of suspension that he incurs during the season.

If a player is suspended twice, he is ineligible for the Dally M Medal

The votes for each round are made public up to Round 16 when they then go behind closed doors.

DALLY M JUDGING PANEL

The 2015 judging panel is: The Daily Telegraph: Dean Ritchie, David Riccio, Nick Walshaw, Paul Crawley, Christian Nicolussi, James Hooper.

Fox Sports: Braith Anasta, Mark Gasnier, Jimmy Smith, Greg Alexander, Gary Belcher, Brett Kimmorley.

Channel 9: Andrew Johns, Brad Fittler, Wally Lewis, Darren Lockyer, Brett Finch.

Sky TV: Daryl Halligan.

That Channel 9 line up is impressive... I think I could build a decent RL team around them.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

He doesn't bend the line. His defence consists of coming in third man and flopping on his team mates to slow the PTB down. If that's quality then you are easily pleased. As back to the future said, a plodder. I kept an eye on him during SoO, as I couldn't see what the fuss was about, and he was average at best. At one point in game three he gave the ball to James Tamou instead of taking the ball up himself despite having come back onto the pitch two minutes earlier.

Think I'm right in saying he lead the league in metres gained for a prop for much of the season. He also never seems to make a loose carry. He had a terrific game in one of this year's Origins, bagging the crucial NSW try. Game 2 iirc.

Think I'm right in saying he lead the league in metres gained for a prop for much of the season. He also never seems to make a loose carry. He had a terrific game in one of this year's Origins, bagging the crucial NSW try. Game 2 iirc.

I'm pretty sure Bromwich has dominated the metres gained by a prop for pretty much all season. He averages something ridiculous at over 160m a game.

I'm pretty sure Bromwich has dominated the metres gained by a prop for pretty much all season. He averages something ridiculous at over 160m a game.

After a brief look at NRL player stats after all the weekly rounds Bromwich finished 800 metres ahead of Arron Woods.

Only another note Roger Tuivesa Sheck finished 2200 metres more than any other player with 6200 metres. Surely that's a record? He needs to follow Jarrad to the NFL.

Stats ... Stats ... Stats . To many dry stats to the fore nowadays and mentioned in commentaries down under . Stats for everything ! Must play a part in the lack of flair and off the cuff play at times . Structures and stats .

Stats ... Stats ... Stats . To many dry stats to the fore nowadays and mentioned in commentaries down under . Stats for everything ! Must play a part in the lack of flair and off the cuff play at times . Structures and stats .

If you don't agree Bromwich is the best forward in the world at the minute you are kidding yourself.

Only another note Roger Tuivesa Sheck finished 2200 metres more than any other player with 6200 metres. Surely that's a record? He needs to follow Jarrad to the NFL.

Why do you want a wonderfully talented rugby league player to leave our sport?

Why do you want a wonderfully talented rugby league player to leave our sport?

Maybe out of curiosity.

I love watching Jarrad Hayne in the NFL. I literally just what the NFL highlights of him playing. Gives you a sense of pride when you see an RL player doing so well in another sport.

Archived