2016 squad

rossco123

• 2 weeks later...

• 3 weeks later...

looks like the squad is taking shape, with a lot of the old guard being supplimented with some new blood. The new centre from St Pats looks like a bit of a Menzie Yere, will be interesting to see how things work out....

edit - just looked at Cougars, they've got 35 signed!!!!! They planning on having 2 teams in the division or what???

cru....Cru.....CRUSADERS!!!!!!

looks like the squad is taking shape, with a lot of the old guard being supplimented with some new blood. The new centre from St Pats looks like a bit of a Menzie Yere, will be interesting to see how things work out....

edit - just looked at Cougars, they've got 35 signed!!!!! They planning on having 2 teams in the division or what???

I noticed they have signed Ross Peltier who ran through the Wales defense on his own.. he was a big fella! 

Who is the other rochdale player we have supposedly signed, not much info out of club with the website down for so long, whats going on with it

I spoke to Ryan on Friday and the website cannot be updated for some reason - even he's struggling to get information out because of this problem. It is annoying but it is definitely an IT problem and not lack of information to put out.

Does anybody know which other rochdale player weve signed

Just announced - Ryan Smith who played 23 times last season for Hornets, is coming across as halfback for us

...and a DR thing with Salford :(

...although that could mean we get Weller Huraki back for the odd game :)

I was very dubious about this partnership arrangement initially - seeing how poorly Salford performed last year and their interfering owner seemed to amass a huge pool of talent who could not play together as a team.

Some of the Reds supporters have been true appalling over the seasons; they were on the verge of attacking our coach when we beat them at the Willows and I had a walking stick aggressively brandished at me in the Millennium Stadium after Crusaders dismantled Salford in the Magic Weekend - so no love lost for their fans either.

However having spoken to several parties there do seem to be some real benefits. Salfords training facilities are superb. Salford wont be ruing a U19s team so we will have access to some real talent who cant get SuperLeague games. Ian Watson and Antony Murray are apparently very good friends and AM had been chasing a deal with Salford to link to Watson and the Salford coaching team. It looks like we could end up with a partnership which could benefit Crusaders. Fingers crossed.

Nothing to be alarmed about. It's pretty much the same agreement that they had in place Warrington - use of the AJ Bell for training/weights and the expertise of Salford's Sports Science gurus, in exchange for helping blood Salford's youngsters and giving game time to members of the senior squad.

As 95% of the squad are pooled from the North West, it's a no brainer when it comes to saving pennies on travel expenses.

We've got a lot of personnel changes this season - if working with/at Salford helps the squad to gel, great. What will be a concern is if we keep having players pressed into the matchday team which results in the team performance suffering...I really hope that won't be the case.....

cru....Cru.....CRUSADERS!!!!!!

Archived