SL Grand Final must sell out

IM2

Just to go off topic "Hotel Football" the Gary Neville, Ryan Giggs mob financed hotel has opened literally right across the road from Oold Trafford since the last Grand Final. I've never been, but I've heard they've got a massive bar what gets hammered on match days specially designed for large crowds. I can't see it not being open. So it's worth giving a go if f you're looking for somewhere to have a pint before you go into OT.

PS: I don't work for them, but I won't say no to a free pint for pointing out their bar.

http://hotelfootball.com/

​​ 

​THE NORTH OF ENGLAND WITH A POPULATION OF NEARLY 17 MILLION PEOPLE IS THE TRUE EXPANSION AREA FOR RUGBY LEAGUE........IF IT CAN'T EXPAND HERE, WHERE CAN IT EXPAND?

​                       

​                        

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just to go off topic "Hotel Football" the Gary Neville, Ryan Giggs mob financed hotel has opened literally right across the road from Oold Trafford since the last Grand Final. I've never been, but I've heard they've got a massive bar what gets hammered on match days specially designed for large crowds. I can't see it not being open. So it's worth giving a go if f you're looking for somewhere to have a pint before you go into OT.

PS: I don't work for them, but I won't say no to a free pint for pointing out their bar.

http://hotelfootball.com/

Just seen this on farcebook as another pre game option close to the ground

http://www.therhinos.co.uk/news/27563.php#.VhPd1CvIuus

Hey I have no problem with the tickets sold. It'll be amazing to be part of it on Saturday. It's just that if they're going to announce it as a sell out, stop selling tickets that are very publicly available and contradict the powers that be.

If you are going to sell them, tell people that the event has sold that well that there are only individual seats left and make it out that you HAVE TO be there.

That's my only issue.

Being a bit pedantic is your only issue.

Less than 300 seats out of 74,239 tickets sold isn't a problem in my eyes.

Being a bit pedantic is your only issue.

Less than 300 seats out of 74,239 tickets sold isn't a problem in my eyes.

It isn't a problem and I get what people are saying. I love the fact it's near capacity and it will be an awesome day. Just stop ticket sales if you're going to say it's sold out to stop yourselves looking a bit stupid on your own website.

rsz_1rsz_1rsz_2bulldogsbanner.png

Victoria warehouse is two minutes walk from OT. They hold massive rave partys there. It's a top venue for a 1000 people party. Nice find mate.

​​ 

​THE NORTH OF ENGLAND WITH A POPULATION OF NEARLY 17 MILLION PEOPLE IS THE TRUE EXPANSION AREA FOR RUGBY LEAGUE........IF IT CAN'T EXPAND HERE, WHERE CAN IT EXPAND?

​                       

​                        

Hey I have no problem with the tickets sold. It'll be amazing to be part of it on Saturday. It's just that if they're going to announce it as a sell out, stop selling tickets that are very publicly available and contradict the powers that be.

If you are going to sell them, tell people that the event has sold that well that there are only individual seats left and make it out that you HAVE TO be there.

That's my only issue.

Absolutely agree.

Also if people don't fancy Manchester City Centre, about 4 Metrolink stops up the Line, Chorlton has got loads of Bars and Restaurants. And it's a lot more chilled-out than the city centre. Just over the bridge in Salford Quays there is a few pubs and bars. I sometimes go in the Stockyard next to the BBC about 5 minutes walk from OT.

​​ 

​                       

​                        

I've just forwarded this idea on to the powers that be at Red Hall. Excellent opportunity to certainly sellout the Test Matches at Hull and Wigan.

Maybe extra cheeky and have one at the Etihad especially advertising the London game. Lots of people from the Midlands and South who might be interested. Also I'd have one of those advertising trucks driving round Manchester advertising these up coming internationals. Plenty of opportunities to get the message out. I hope the RFL don't miss on this unique day of Rugby in Manchester.

​​ 

​                       

​                        

Also if people don't fancy Manchester City Centre, about 4 Metrolink stops up the Line, Chorlton has got loads of Bars and Restaurants. And it's a lot more chilled-out than the city centre. Just over the bridge in Salford Quays there is a few pubs and bars. I sometimes go in the Stockyard next to the BBC about 5 minutes walk from OT.

Also indyman beer festival if tickets are still available.

http://www.indymanbeercon.co.uk

Isn't it called the Dockyard?

http://www.yelp.co.uk/biz/the-dockyard-salford

rldfsignature.jpg

Apparently it's  cheaper to buy a family ticket (2 adults 2 juniors) than it is to buy 1 standard adult and 1 standard Junior ticket.........I guy i work with has done just that for him and his son..........might explain the sell out so early

Just so long as he can find another adult & kid to take with him, that's good right?

Apparently it's cheaper to buy a family ticket (2 adults 2 juniors) than it is to buy 1 standard adult and 1 standard Junior ticket.........I guy i work with has done just that for him and his son..........might explain the sell out so early

2 corners North - East and North - West.

Sold out very quickly for both teams. £70 for 2 adults 2 kids. £35 adult tickets so effectively kids free.

Those sections actually or nearly sell out every year.

030910105148.jpg

http://www.wiganstpats.org

Producing Players Since 1910

It could well be, I've usually had a few by the time I've been there. I stop-off on route to and from the AJ Bell.

​​ 

​                       

​                        

So a record crowd here, a record crowd at Magic, couple of full grounds in the WCS, great challeng cup final crowd - now all we need are 4 sellouts for the Kiwi tour.

That wod be a pretty good year from an events point of view. Ive said for the last few years that major events are the way forward for us, that is how we take the game to new audiences, not Warrington v Huddersfield on a Thursday night on Sky Sports 4.

I know why I keep calling it the Stockyard, I used to park-up overnight in a place called the Stockyard in Yorkshire when I was a Tramper Lorry Driver.

​​ 

​                       

​                        

IMO if SL GF doesn't sell out it will be embarrassing 

Wether it's one empty seat or one person locked out a "packed crowd" is important. Not sure the CC Final does it for us any more......

It's on SKY so hardly anyone will notice. Selling out all our Internationals live on the BBC when millions are watching is a bit more important.

The sporting media and press will have to notice, and don't they run highlights on BBC?. 

The game is important IMHO for people to sit up and take notice as it remains a serious option for the sports minded to play or follow, same for the test series as you say now New Zealand are world class rugby players.

It's a record crowd

On a record day

With a sport defined by great players

There is a dead " rubber " going on the same day and the comparison and indeed contrast will be immense

Yep, I agree with all the above. Tell that to the so called sports radio stations. A brief mention on 5 Live, but the silence is deafening from Talksh**e

Yep, I agree with all the above. Tell that to the so called sports radio stations. A brief mention on 5 Live, but the silence is deafening from Talksh**e

I agree Talk Sport, their coverage of Rugby League over the years has been abysmal. They only presenter who regularly mentions Rugby League is Adrian Durham who I believe got to know the game whilst a student in Hull. Talk Sport has basically decided to endorse Rugby Union and ignore Rugby League.

​​ 

​                       

​                        

good news its on the brink of a sell out. i believe will be announced tomorrow!

That is only good news for those who want to see it sell out.

It is terrible news for those who don't want it to sell out and use it as another reason to have a good moan.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

Archived