Alan Kilshaw

ormskirknet

email from the club.

10 RE-SIGN, 4 NEWBIES AND SUFFOLK DEPARTS...
Alan Kilshaw set out his plans for the season ahead with a members meeting on Thursday evening at Spotland Stadium.

The evening was well attended by current and former members alike and everyone left the room impressed with the fresh approach Killer brings to the club.

As part of the evening, Alan announced his first 4 new signing as head coach.

Former St Helens and local lad Lewis Galbraith has agreed terms for 2016 following a stint with Sydney Roosters u20s and then latterly maturing as a player under Alan at Sarina.
"Trigger" has played 1 game on the wing for Hornets previously on dual registration but is naturally a centre.

Former junior international Ben Moores is another young Brit returning from Australia to  sign for the Hornets.
Having come through the ranks at Warrington, the hooker or loose forward had stints with North and South Wales before heading down under.

1a98d707-8bc0-4f30-b3ff-9c2ec81ab5ba.jpgJo Qaniuci is a Fijian national who first came to light playing for Rochdale Cobras before making the step up to Rochdale Mayfield.
The hard hitting Fijian has been impressive on the local scene for a num
ber of years and will join the club subject to visas once Mayfield have finished there season.

Former Warrington Wizards player Jono Smith joins from North Wales Crusaders.
The strike back rower was League 1 player of the year in 2013, is proven at this level and will add strike to the back row. Jono has turned down big offers from 2 clubs to join the Hornets promotion push.

The only departures confirmed to date are that of Dave Llewellyn, who has retired, and Liam Gilchrist, who will take a break from the game.

Tony Suffolk has also left the club to take up contract with Swinton Lions.
Suffolk made clear his intentions to return to the Championship in 2016 and had hoped that opportunity would come with Hornets, but that was not to be.
He agreed with the Lions a Championship only offer ahead of the play offs but would have stayed with the Hornets had they not been promoted.
With the Lions promoted 29 year old Suffolk will now get the chance to play Championship in 2016 and we wish him all the best for the future.

Current Hornets players to agree a contract to date are Paul Crook, James Dandy, Dale Bloomfield, Danny Yates, Brad Hargreaves, John Cookson, Alex McClurg, Jordan Case, James Tilley and Mike Ratu.

With Killer set to meet the rest of his squad by Friday and with 2 Queensland Cup forwards going through visa applications and various other local and British talent currently in talks, the 2016 squad will soon be locked in.

A large VAT Dave please.

Allso known as Teodozjusz Matuschanskavasky

• 2 weeks later...

Thought I would add my twopennyworth to the general discussions on this topic.

I was present at the "Meet the Coach" session and must say that Alan Kilshaw gave a polished (if prepared) presentation and did not duck any of

the questions put to him. He seems to be putting together a squad with a chance of success at our level. As was widely predicted by fans who were at Mayfield on Saturday, there are visa problems with our possible antipodean imports. Nothing new there!

I do have one question to ask - was it a wise move to sign a player (Jono Smith) who is carrying a lengthy suspension? By the time he is eligible to play the season will be almost half over. I am a great admirer of Jono but would have preferred to see him start the season.

I await with interest to see who else will be plying their trade at Hornets this season. Last season is now history - let's make history of a different sort in the coming season!

Dual Reg with Warrington I'm gonna predict

One of the players told me the same 

Also hear they are going to be doing a lot of training in Warrington which is putting a few local lads off 

It would appear that the job was Kilshaws as soon as he produced the Warrington card as he is very well connected there - its a shame that the club cant stand on its own two feet, not a fan of DR at all.

Just out of curiosity and I dont know the answer to this, how many DR partnerships remain inforce/intact? 

Jono will only miss 2 league games Hunslet at home and Coventry away.The Ipro cup 1st round and 3rd and 4th CC are not essential He is such a good player he is well worth signing and taking the risk. The Coach Alan Kilshaw says he needs educating. Hopefully he can sort it.

One of the players told me the same 

Also hear they are going to be doing a lot of training in Warrington which is putting a few local lads off 

It would appear that the job was Kilshaws as soon as he produced the Warrington card as he is very well connected there - its a shame that the club cant stand on its own two feet, not a fan of DR at all.

Just out of curiosity and I dont know the answer to this, how many DR partnerships remain inforce/intact?

The club needs to be careful. It could be deemed to be anyone's for a coach and a bag of sweets. I know Saints have had enough of dual reg and want A Teams back. That would make sense Saints and Wigan reserves would bring in 1500 fans at a tenner each. join ups has been tried and failed Hunslet are just Leeds lackeys basically. Stand alone at whatever level of achievement like Batley or call it a day.

Archived