10 Oct: SLGF - Leeds Rhinos v Wigan Warriors (merged threads)

Who will win?  

40 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Leeds Rhinos by 13 points or more
    • Leeds Rhinos by 7 to 12 points
    • Leeds Rhinos by 1 to 6 points
    • Wigan Warriors by 1 to 6 points
    • Wigan Warriors by 7 to 12 points
    • Wigan Warriors by 13 points or more

• Replies 414
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How bitter was Phil Clarke when Sinfield lined the kick up? He's a world class kicker but this is his Achilles heel, lol straight through.

If Clarke was doing half time stats he'd show us how Wigan made more yards from kick offs than Leeds have.

I also thought it was a knock on.

But... plenty of people thought it wasn't, both on this forum and the officials at the game which means it was a very very tight call and the 'disgrace' thread is a huge over reaction.

Personally I would do away with the video decision making and let the human beings on the pitch (players and officials) decide the outcome of the match.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

You know what? We are spoilt. We have already seen more action and brilliant play, including two world class tries, than most other sports see in 10 finals.

We will however moan though if the game isnt decided in the last second.

Absolutely loving this.

That first half has just flown by.

Belting first half. What a game. What a sport.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

I also thought it was a knock on.

But... plenty of people thought it wasn't, both on this forum and the officials at the game which means it was a very very tight call and the 'disgrace' thread is a huge over reaction.

Personally I would do away with the video decision making and let the human beings on the pitch (players and officials) decide the outcome of the match.

indeed. Both the ref and linesman thought it was ok, so did at least one of the vr's, and a fair few on the tgread, including me.

50.50 for me, so no issues whatever they decided.

If that happened in midfield in general play it would have been a knock-on every time.

BTW: "sideways" IS a knock-on

BTW sideways IS NOT a knock-on.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

You mean lad from St.Helens

What has that got to do with anything?

Absolutely loving this.

Me too. Tough game so far. Wigan dominated for 25mins and should count themselves unlucky with that second try. Two brilliant tries from Burgess and McGuire (2nd).

Wigan have to score in first 15mins without conceding or game over.

Have they not found the volume knob for the Charlatans?

Amateur hour from sky.... Feel sorry for Jon wells and Brian Carney trying to speak over that racket

cheer up. I enjoy the noise a.d atmosphere from them being in the stadium rather than a studio.

Grr... due to circumstances beyond my control, I missed enough of the match to miss the first 2 tries.  :dry:

Thankfully, I've set the video recorder for tomorrow's highlights programme.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Lockers is playing as I just saw him walking off for half time!!

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

Archived