10 Oct: SLGF - Leeds Rhinos v Wigan Warriors (merged threads)

Who will win?  

40 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Leeds Rhinos by 13 points or more
    • Leeds Rhinos by 7 to 12 points
    • Leeds Rhinos by 1 to 6 points
    • Wigan Warriors by 1 to 6 points
    • Wigan Warriors by 7 to 12 points
    • Wigan Warriors by 13 points or more

Wigan Warriors 19-Man Squad
John Bateman, Matt Bowen, Joe Burgess, Tony Clubb, Dom Crosby, Liam Farrell, Ben Flower, Anthony Gelling, Oliver Gildart, Dom Manfredi, Michael McIlorum, Lee Mossop, Sean O’Loughlin, Larne Patrick, Sam Powell, Matty Smith, Taulima Tautai, Joel Tomkins and George Williams.

No Charnley, but not too suprised at that with the form Burgess and  Manfredi are in.

"it is a well known fact that those people who most want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it."

• Replies 414
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wigan Warriors 19-Man Squad

John Bateman, Matt Bowen, Joe Burgess, Tony Clubb, Dom Crosby, Liam Farrell, Ben Flower, Anthony Gelling, Oliver Gildart, Dom Manfredi, Michael McIlorum, Lee Mossop, Sean O’Loughlin, Larne Patrick, Sam Powell, Matty Smith, Taulima Tautai, Joel Tomkins and George Williams.

No Charnley, but not too suprised at that with the form Burgess and  Manfredi are in.

I would expect it to be the same 17 as last week.

Manfredi's in red-hot form right now - he has to be in there.

Charnley can concentrate on fitness and form for 2016.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

4 meetings so far. 3 in the SL and 1 in the 8s

SL:

Leeds 26-14 Wigan

Leeds 12-27 Wigan (magic)

Wigan 26-24 Leeds

8s

Leeds 25-18 Wigan

Total score: Leeds 87-85 Wigan (2 wins each)

Nothing in the two at all! Should be the game of the year if all goes to plan!!

rsz_1rsz_1rsz_2bulldogsbanner.png

Can't wait for this GF with the missus being a Wigan supporter & me following the Rhinos it shapes as a great morning of entertainment for us over hears on Sunday. I'm going to say Leeds by 4 points but on recent form won't be at all surprised if Wigan win.

Two outstanding clubs & sets of supporters so good luck to both!

Should be an absolute belter - my tickets arrived yesterday and I haven't been this excited for a game in...over a week!

Dangerously close to saying I want Leeds to win this, but something in my genetic code won't let me, so I'll just say I won't be too upset if they do. I think Wigan will just about edge it in the end on recent form but as long as it's a decent game then I'll be happy

SQL Honours

Play off mini league winner - 2002. Bronze Medalist - 2003. Big Split Group Winner - 2006. Minor Stupidship - 2005, 2006. Cup Silver Medalist - 2008, 2009

CHAMPION - 2005, 2009, 2010

Having been optimistic on Monday, I can't split the 2 teams - will youth, enthusiasm and wanting to put last year right be sufficient when set against the end of an era and legends' bowing out?

Knowing these 2 teams, we can be certain that they will leave nothing out there... I predict all 34 gladiators will be on their knees by the final hooter.

I think Wigan have the edge. Leeds look like they've been getting through on pure desire the last few weeks. They were down and out against Hudds and Saints and pulled it out of the bag. Gone are the dominant performances pre-CC.

In contrast Wigan have been getting better and had a relatively easy semi-final.

Leeds won't roll over but I reckon Wigan 26-18 Leeds.

I'll be (pleasantly) surprised if it doesn't end up the fairy tale ending for Sir Kev, who'll have a quiet game, steadily kicking in to touch at the right times and nailing the conversions....before pulling off a match winning cross-field kick or 40/20 or something to save the day, once again - lifting the trophy one final time for the leeds fans

There was an item about the cost to business of England going out of the RUWC on Radio 4 "You and Yours"  this lunchtime, they were talking about Manchester being full of Rugby fans on Saturday for both games.  Apparently Wigan are playing Saints.  Nobody told me.

“Few thought him even a starter.There were many who thought themselves smarter. But he ended PM, CH and OM. An Earl and a Knight of the Garter.”

Clement Attlee.

It's that time of year again, when the Telegraph briefly acknowledges Rugby League's existence.

And it is a decent read - Jonathan Liew again.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

It's that time of year again, when the Telegraph briefly acknowledges Rugby League's existence.

And it is a decent read - Jonathan Liew again.

When they can be bothered the Telegraph's stuff is excellent. During the WC they were head and shoulders above the rest.

"it is a well known fact that those people who most want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it."

My gut says Wigan will probably do it, but it'd be a brave man who'd bet against this group of Leeds players in a Grand Final, particularly given who's leaving.

I can't bring myself to cheer for either of these sides, but certainly hope that Leeds win. Looking forward to it.

Very foggy at present in West Yorks so hope it clears during the day for travelling ova t'ill. 

Expecting a classic confrontation of good guys versus bad, beautiful rugby versus ugly thuggery. ;)

Come on Leeds.

This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.

Wakefield Trinity RLFC
2012 - 2014 "The wasted years"

2013, 2014 & 2015 Official Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys"

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's left foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance 

2019 - The Return of the Prodigal Son

Archived