An apology

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Daily Mail sticks up for Tory slags off Labour MP big news.  When's Cameron going to apologise for doing to the country what Britan's been accused of doing to little boys?

“Few thought him even a starter.There were many who thought themselves smarter. But he ended PM, CH and OM. An Earl and a Knight of the Garter.”

Clement Attlee.

Daily Mail sticks up for Tory slags off Labour MP big news.  When's Cameron going to apologise for doing to the country what Britan's been accused of doing to little boys?

When I was a kid we had corporal punishment in schools and I once got six of the best from the headmaster for something I hadn't done.

I've remembered being punished unjustly ever since.

The thought of being unjustly accused of the sort of crime Tom Watson accused Leon Brittan of doesn't bear thinking about.

It's incredibly easy to begin a malicious rumour on the Internet about anyone, and there will always be people who will believe almost anything.

So I think Tom Watson should respond to Brittan's family.

It is surely the decent thing to do, regardless of party affiliation.

When I was a kid we had corporal punishment in schools and I once got six of the best from the headmaster for something I hadn't done.

I've remembered being punished unjustly ever since.

The thought of being unjustly accused of the sort of crime Tom Watson accused Leon Brittan of doesn't bear thinking about.

It's incredibly easy to begin a malicious rumour on the Internet about anyone, and there will always be people who will believe almost anything.

So I think Tom Watson should respond to Brittan's family.

It is surely the decent thing to do, regardless of party affiliation.

Well put.

BTW, I got six of the best more than once at school. But, quite frankly, I'd earned it each time.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

As far as I'm aware the investigation into these allegations is still ongoing and nothing has been proved one way or the other. Until it's concluded I don't see any reason for anyone, from any side to say anything. 

"it is a well known fact that those people who most want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it."

As far as I'm aware the investigation into these allegations is still ongoing and nothing has been proved one way or the other. Until it's concluded I don't see any reason for anyone, from any side to say anything. 

And that's half the problem.  People are being named and shamed before being proven guilty then they're being declared innocent by their family while there are still outstanding allegations.  Just change the law that those accused of this sort of crime are not named until they're at least formally charged or taken to court.

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

Indeed.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

Just change the law that those accused of this sort of crime are not named until they're at least formally charged or taken to court.

Here's a first I agree with you

A while back in my neck of the woods a bloke was taken to court for an alleged rape, he was found not guilty but everyone in our neighbourhood knew in advance about the case, to this day some morons still refer to him as the "rapist".

The woman who was found to be lying moved away from the area.

And yes I know we don't want to stop women or men to stop reporting rape to the police, but surely reporting restrictions should be kept under wraps until AFTER the case has been heard.

The politically-motivated campaign by the ****-finder general continues, but not if you are a Labour kiddie fiddler of course. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3267099/Devastating-questions-Labour-s-smearmonger-answer-not-does-brand-TORIES-child-sex-abusers.html

No case to answer for Brittain, but did that stop the forum's latest hero? Even the Guardian is getting the point.

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2015/oct/09/leon-brittan-when-did-the-police-go-from-investigators-to-judge-and-jury

Of course, if the pressure to not investigate for years and now to drop the investigation into the alleged sexual predation of 'leading' establishment figures was politically motivated that would be an even greater tyranny wouldn't it Martyn?

Of course, if the pressure to not investigate for years and now to drop the investigation into the alleged sexual predation of 'leading' establishment figures was politically motivated that would be an even greater tyranny wouldn't it Martyn?

It would be tyrannical, but the evidence to support it now seems very shaky indeed.

I was listening to an interview with Paul Gambaccini on radio last night. What he went through was appalling and you could sense his continuing anger.

ex jailbird and self confessed "very leftwing Labour councillor Chris Fay and £300,000 fraudster is at the back of this and has admitted a political motivation. Watson is a cupid stunt for joining in the witch hunt, but hey, who on the loony left ever cared about the truth.

And where was Watson on the Janner situation? Nowhere to be seen and in complete denial.

ex jailbird and self confessed "very leftwing Labour councillor Chris Fay and £300,000 fraudster is at the back of this and has admitted a political motivation. Watson is a cupid stunt for joining in the witch hunt, but hey, who on the loony left ever cared about the truth.

And where was Watson on the Janner situation? Nowhere to be seen and in complete denial.

Not here to comment; just needed to set my watch.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

It would be tyrannical, but the evidence to support it now seems very shaky indeed.

I was listening to an interview with Paul Gambaccini on radio last night. What he went through was appalling and you could sense his continuing anger.

There were perfectly good reasons to investigate Gambo.

If you could give us a list of crimes and people who the police shouldn't bother with, or the kinds of witnesses we should ignore, that would be very helpful.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

Call me a teensy-weensy bit cynical if you like, but I think the current backlash against Tom Watson might have a modicum of political motivation behind it too, rather than any genuine interest in finding the truth or seeking justice for any of the victims in this whole sordid affair, whether for a child that has been abused, or someone wrongly accused of being an abuser.

From the Guardian:

It is just possible that Watson is not gorging himself on a paedophile witch-hunt, and will come out of it with his reputation intact. Possible, but looking less likely by the day. Watson never realised it, but a clock started ticking the moment he claimed there was a clique of high-level paedophiles who raped and murdered children.

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2015/oct/11/deserved-downfall-tom-watson-leon-brittan

Who said this:

"If it falls to me to start a fight to cut out the cancer of bent and twisted journalism in our country with the simple sword of truth and the trusty shield of British fair play, so be it. I am ready for the fight. The fight against falsehood and those who peddle it."

and what happened to him?

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/1995/apr/11/uk1

“Few thought him even a starter.There were many who thought themselves smarter. But he ended PM, CH and OM. An Earl and a Knight of the Garter.”

Clement Attlee.

In a case that potentially raises questions about political interference with the police, Detective Chief Inspector Paul Settle – formerly head of Scotland Yard’s paedophile unit – either quit or was moved from the wider investigation into an alleged VIP sex abuse ring, following Mr Watson’s intervention.

The Independenthttp://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/crime/leon-brittan-rape-inquiry-tom-watson-could-face-grilling-over-efforts-to-re-examine-unproven-claims-a6689346.html

What a peice of ######  Watson is.  Even the Labour Party deserves better.   http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-34504385

Perhaps he's refused to apologise for reasons we don't know.  As he says better one dead peer's memory scarred than kids who've been abused frightened to come forward.  The Tories are very good at covering their tracks when they're in power.  They've done it before.  In the police phrase ," they have form."

Clement Attlee.

Perhaps he's refused to apologise for reasons we don't know.  As he says better one dead peer's memory scarred than kids who've been abused frightened to come forward.  The Tories are very good at covering their tracks when they're in power.  They've done it before.  In the police phrase ," they have form."

Thought you'd defend him, funny how he's not chased after Janner as much.

Brittan's are against a 19 year old Allegedly

Janners are horrific allegedly

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/law-and-order/11837285/Lord-Janner-to-face-trial-over-historic-sex-abuse-charges-in-new-year.html

Anyway Uncle Tom is going to have to answer to these

http://news.sky.com/story/1568908/tom-watson-to-be-quizzed-over-brittan-claims

Hope they throw the book at the horrible little man

Archived