I Love Rugby League

It's been a very weird day today in Manchester, sat alongside fellow English men with posh accents, drinking in the same bars and pubs. But we might as well come from different planets.

​​ 

​THE NORTH OF ENGLAND WITH A POPULATION OF NEARLY 17 MILLION PEOPLE IS THE TRUE EXPANSION AREA FOR RUGBY LEAGUE........IF IT CAN'T EXPAND HERE, WHERE CAN IT EXPAND?

​                       

​                        

Keep this about why you love Rugby League and not why you don't love rugby union. That way, this thread can stay here in the Rugby League forum and not get shunted to the Cross Code forum.

THANK YOU.

Actually, I don't understand how you could not love Rugby League.  Particularly after the fantastic games we've seen over the last 7 days.  It has everything you could ever want from a sport. Speed, skill, grace, passion, guts, honesty & genuine camaraderie. 

It's an easy kick for the lad but, as we say in Rugby League, there's no easy kicks.

@IanLancaster65

Keep this about why you love Rugby League and not why you don't love rugby union. That way, this thread can stay here in the Rugby League forum and not get shunted to the Cross Code forum.

THANK YOU.

Genuinely not sure why we are no longer allowed to be proud of our game on here (in the face of the union avalanche). Not sure if this is an LPL directive. I am grateful when we overridden with trolls, but when we are actually in the ascendancy for once I don't see the harm.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

I too went from Coventry but am chuffed with the result.

Wigan were so dangerous but our quality pulled through.  Pleasedfor Sir Kev, JP and KL .

We have had some storming adverts for RL over the past few weeks, just a shae the wider public havent seen them

Please tell me that's real !

Yes unbelievable it is real. Been reported driving round Manchester yesterday.

Really has been a good couple of weeks for Rugby League and that is the icing on the cake.

Genuinely not sure why we are no longer allowed to be proud of our game on here (in the face of the union avalanche). Not sure if this is an LPL directive. I am grateful when we overridden with trolls, but when we are actually in the ascendancy for once I don't see the harm.

It's not a directive from anywhere apart from me and Craig who have been moderating this forum for nigh on 15 years now, and we know what happens to threads like this start going down the road of 'my sport's better than your sport, nah-nahhh!!' which it will do if left unchecked. We get a load of trolls from t'other sport registering to have a fight about it. That's why the cross-code forum was born in the first place, and it generally works pretty well in keeping this main RL forum troll-free.

This is a thread about loving Rugby League, not hating another sport. If you must do that, there are other places to do it, just not here.

I love Rugby League because I attended a sold out Grand Final at Old Trafford last night and watched a fantastic match that had me on the edge of my seat even though I'm not a supporter of either of the clubs taking part. I love Rugby League because I was sat in amongst fans from all over the place, not just Leeds and Wigan, all having a great night out. I love Rugby League because of players like Jamie Peacock, a legend at both Bradford and Leeds, an immense character, an immense sportsman who deserves every bit of the success he has achieved over the years because he has worked so damn hard for it. I love Rugby League because even though my club just lost the Million Pound Game and missed out on promotion, which I am gutted about for those who worked so hard to achieve it, I know I'll be back at Odsal again next year to watch them have another crack. I love Rugby League because I don't have to hate anything else to appreciate what a great sport it is in its own right.

I love Rugby League, but I didn't let that stop me taking an England and a Uruguay flag from a bloke in a blue jumper outside Piccadilly station.  I saw the Union fans in a pub across the road, and milling around Piccadilly, and I wondered what the made of the swarms of Leeds and Wigan tops.  They must have been to say the least bemused by the sheer numbers. 

“Few thought him even a starter.There were many who thought themselves smarter. But he ended PM, CH and OM. An Earl and a Knight of the Garter.”

Clement Attlee.

It's not a directive from anywhere apart from me and Craig who have been moderating this forum for nigh on 15 years now, and we know what happens to threads like this start going down the road of 'my sport's better than your sport, nah-nahhh!!' which it will do if left unchecked. We get a load of trolls from t'other sport registering to have a fight about it. That's why the cross-code forum was born in the first place, and it generally works pretty well in keeping this main RL forum troll-free.

This is a thread about loving Rugby League, not hating another sport. If you must do that, there are other places to do it, just not here.

I love Rugby League because I attended a sold out Grand Final at Old Trafford last night and watched a fantastic match that had me on the edge of my seat even though I'm not a supporter of either of the clubs taking part. I love Rugby League because I was sat in amongst fans from all over the place, not just Leeds and Wigan, all having a great night out. I love Rugby League because of players like Jamie Peacock, a legend at both Bradford and Leeds, an immense character, an immense sportsman who deserves every bit of the success he has achieved over the years because he has worked so damn hard for it. I love Rugby League because even though my club just lost the Million Pound Game and missed out on promotion, which I am gutted about for those who worked so hard to achieve it, I know I'll be back at Odsal again next year to watch them have another crack. I love Rugby League because I don't have to hate anything else to appreciate what a great sport it is in its own right.

same with me. When I quoted the respective attendances it wasn't a naa na nah at all but an observation. As an oldhamer I was proud of Kevin sinfields achievements and pleased for him, even though I would have been more pleased if he'd have done it all wearing red and white hoops and blue shorts. Likewise I am pleased and proud of George Ford's achievements and again I would be even more pleased if he too was wearing those same colours and playing league.

I love Rugby League, but I didn't let that stop me taking an England and a Uruguay flag from a bloke in a blue jumper outside Piccadilly station.  I saw the Union fans in a pub across the road, and milling around Piccadilly, and I wondered what the made of the swarms of Leeds and Wigan tops.  They must have been to say the least bemused by the sheer numbers. 

Was there any general banter with these guys, ribbing, or was it a throwback to the 80's and storming them in fila trackies and flick haircuts and 'taking' their pub?

What he said, apart from the turn up at the GF part, I watched in the comfort of my own home!

Imagine a wonderful world where rugby union doesn't exist.  That's this forum.  The peace, the tranquility, the lack of willy waggling of "my code is better than that one".  We only let the nirvana slip occasionally for truly important subjects, and even then only when asked nicely.  There is a place of discord and (rugby) union, that place is called the cross code forum, that's it's job, where people can waffle about how good their code is compared to the other.

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

Archived