Vital question

RoughyedsMad

Have any of you seen what the likes of Swinton are doing via social media at the moment. On their Twitter timeline there's a daily barrage of promotional images aimed at both supporters and potential sponsors. They're making a big thing of having the Grand Final winner's trophy and are parading it about to all and sundry. It kind of irks me a little bit because all that trophy represents is the fact they won an end of season knock-out competition comprising of four runners-up; you know, the guys who didn't win the league, yet from an outsiders point of view, hey, this team won the Grand Final, wow!

Sounds like I'm knocking Swinton here, I'm not, but their marketing team or person is making the most of a bit of silverware, however tenuous and good luck to them. We should be doing the same, and more. I want to see images of our team, our captain, holding the League Winners trophy aloft, showing that Oldham, the best team in League 1 last year, are about to embark on a challenge in the Championship. "Wear the shirt", "Be part of the team", "We are Roughyeds" and the like should be filling my social media timelines constantly. Instead, all we get is simple text based tweets telling us matter of fact information.

Maybe there isn't someone in the Oldham set-up who can quickly produce the kind of things Swinton are doing, I grok that. In that case, the club could engage with supporters who are willing to produce promotional material for public consumption. I'd give it a go and I reckon there are others who would to. For love.

edit: typos

With respect Whilst you finished top of the table Oldham did exactly the same as Swinton, won promotion off the back of a one off match. Although in fairness to Swinton we had to play two games.

With respect Whilst you finished top of the table Oldham did exactly the same as Swinton, won promotion off the back of a one off match. Although in fairness to Swinton we had to play two games.

Again.... I'm not knocking Swinton either. I was pleased to have another local team come up with us and they were certainly better than Keighley when we played them but to say Oldham won promotion the same way as Swinton is disingenuous. Oldham won promotion twice.... Once by finishing top of the league and once by a slightly daft play off system.... I think we deserved it really....!

Pretty sure you are not going to like this then

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Rugby-League-Championship-Shield-Final-League-One-Winners-club-Fridge-Magnet-/281817980917?var=&hash=item419da91ff5:m:m2uiEuxH3Qg2DSLjG8fQmwA

And pretty sure it has nothing to do with Swintons marketing department.

I don't mind stealing bread from the mouths of decadence.

"Be mindful of the prayers you send,
Pray hard but pray with care,
For the tears that you are crying now,
Are just your answered prayers"

Pretty sure you are not going to like this then

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Rugby-League-Championship-Shield-Final-League-One-Winners-club-Fridge-Magnet-/281817980917?var=&hash=item419da91ff5:m:m2uiEuxH3Qg2DSLjG8fQmwA

And pretty sure it has nothing to do with Swintons marketing department.

They must be rare as he had 7 and only 3 left now

20447_346989162151_776477151_4748963_7475038_s.jpg

I think it is extremely disrespectful to sell league winners magnets when clearly they were playoff winners

In real terms they weren't runners up

Calm down dear ................. its just another scammer trying to earn a bob or two, unless Swinton or Fev want to take him to court that is ??? Just like in Oldhams case if someone on the planet wanted to produce something "Oldham " "Wise" . . .  he would be quids in as the Oldham club have done ###### all to help themselves

20447_346989162151_776477151_4748963_7475038_s.jpg

Behave. Stop trying to make your achievement greater than ours. We beat you twice and topped the league. You are the lesser team with the lesser achivement. But the structure of the season makes it appear your achievement is greater. 'GRAND FINAL' my ######.

Another massive RFL failing. Well done to Swinton on gaining promotion and well done to their marekting team,...but be clear you are not the champions. You were not the best team.

Archived