2016 Shirts

• Replies 558
  • Created
  • Last Reply

depends if they've finalised sponsors and the locations to show them yet

True...i'd expect a big club like leeds to have all that sorted ready for kit launch day though...........If they are in fact the replica playing kits they look very 'soccer' to me.

I don't think the new version of the Leeds Building Society logo helps.......when it was a yellow square it was much easier to fit into a design.

england_identity2.jpg1921_button.jpg

What year did Widnes wear the 3/4 sleeve adidas kit with ICI on it? that was a cool kit

Rugby Union the only game in the world were the spectators handle the ball more than the players.

Before the black sleeves came in, think that was a couple of yrs before I started watching them so would have been 84-87 era possibly......though I think they were wearing the adidas kit with three lines down side in early 80's

That was a great kit. It sent shivers down my spine 

Rugby Union the only game in the world were the spectators handle the ball more than the players.

Before the black sleeves came in, think that was a couple of yrs before I started watching them so would have been 84-87 era possibly......

if it's this one then it was 87-ish i think:

$_57.JPG

That's it..remember some great games between the Airliebirds and the Chemics. Anyway. they should bring that kit back. Some great players in that team..Tony Myler wish we had someone as good as him nowadays.

agreed, it's a close 2nd to the one in my avatar.....the older "Stanley Leisure" kit's also good but I deffo think the plain white shirts, black sponsors, black V collar and the black trim on the arms is what we should be resurrecting 

Its very nice but I'm going to have to disagree chuffer and I'm an FC fan, so therefore neutral ;)

I wish Rovers and 'FC would bring out a magic weekend kit...old school circa80's kits

Wembley strips basically......those are the way i allways think both of our Hull teams should strive to look like.

Fond memories of many Derby days in those strips at the old grounds...

Yellow is one of those colours that seem to get messed around with when it comes to sports kits. See Castleford and Hull City AFC and their forays into orange territory. Doncaster no longer pair blue with gold, instead adopting a standard yellow as their secondary colour. 

Having said that, it isn't easy to judge from a designer's mock-up. I'll reserve judgement until I see photographic evidence.

CQFDCwCWgAAOX3V.jpg

Minä rakastan rugbyliigaa!

I'm not a traditionalist in most respects but I'm a bit of a stickler when it comes to sports kit. I read ages ago that colours for shorts (or knickers, if you will) prior to the 1960s were usually limited to just three colours; white, navy blue and black. This is why rugby clubs (and association football clubs in their early days) often went in for garish shirts but were usually quite conservative when it came to the choice of shorts.

Minä rakastan rugbyliigaa!

Yeah, I've just looked down the thread now! Did people actually think that was the kit? It looks like training gear all day long!

I did...I just flicked through the thread on my iPhone but yeah looking back it looks like training gear. I think everyone else thought it was the real kit too...

Archived