Marketing season tickets and shirts

Tom Coates

Apologies for creating a new thread - I just wanted to explain a little bit about our strategy for promoting season tickets and the new shirts.

We have produced five articles to outline the advantages of buying a season ticket. Each article features a short, unique introduction outlining one of the reasons to buy a Dewsbury Rams season ticket. The remainder of the article contains details of cost, how to buy and some quotes from Mark.

The five reasons are:

• Reserves matches included
  • Super 8s matches included
  • Pay in instalments
  • Take the kids for free
  • Save money on match day admission

This provides us with five different ways to market season tickets to people and will hopefully allow us to communicate the right messages to the right people. Longer standing supporters may be interested in reason one and reason two, while reasons three and four will probably appeal most to new fans.

We have continued the theme of 'five' with five reasons to be a Rugby League fan and five reasons to be a Dewsbury Rams fan.

The reasons to be a Rugby League fan will hopefully appeal to football fans and people who don't already follow any sport. We hope that the list will help create a distinction from more expensive sports and ones that aren't as welcoming on match days.

And we hope that the reasons to be a Dewsbury Rams fan will appeal to Rugby League fans from in and around Dewsbury who support Leeds Rhinos, Huddersfield Giants etc. We want to tell them that their town has a fantastic team to follow and that there's never been a better time to get behind them - even if you continue to watch the Rhinos on the telly!

Be Rugby League!

• A high-speed, skilled sport with no dull nill-nills!
  • Role model athletes who respect the referee and their opponents
  • A friendly, unsegregated atmosphere that the whole family can enjoy
  • Matches played during the warmer and lighter summer months
  • Great value for money - home and away

Be Dewsbury Rams!

• A vibrant, progressive club that’s on the up
  • A rich heritage and successful history
  • Modern facilities that cater for everybody
  • Unrivalled access to players for photos and autographs after matches
  • Take the kids for free!

We have chosen the terminology 'Be Rugby League' because this will link with the marketing push around the new shirts.

Our kit supplier, whose identity we hope to reveal this week, will be helping to market our club from behind the web address: http://www.berugbyleague.com. We are the first club to work with this supplier, which offers us the opportunity to be at the forefront of their marketing activity in the months ahead and throughout next season.

The website will predominantly focus on the new kit, but will also contain information about the club, season tickets and links to things like news, fixtures and squad information.

It brings the marketing of our season tickets and new shirts under one clean banner: Be Rugby League, Be Dewsbury Rams.

At the moment, this is a communications campaign, but in the months ahead we will be building visual assets and distributing them online to support the campaign.

How can you help?

We have no true marketing budget, so were dependent on our supporters to spread the word.

With the production of five separate articles, we are hopeful that supporters will be able to select one or two from the list that they think will appeal most to their friends.

We are conscious of trying to sell in too many messages at once to new supporters and so are instead focusing - and asking our fans to focus - on one or two particularly attractive reasons to come on board.

For reference, here are the links to the articles:

Charge with the Rams from just £11 a match!: http://www.dewsburyrams.co.uk/article/47445/charge-with-the-rams-from

Pay in instalments for your 2016 season ticket!: http://www.dewsburyrams.co.uk/article/47444/pay-in-instalments-for-your

Free season tickets for under-16s at Dewsbury Rams: http://www.dewsburyrams.co.uk/article/47443/free-season-tickets-for-under-s

Super 8s games including in Rams Season Ticket: http://www.dewsburyrams.co.uk/article/47440/super-s-games-included-in

Reserves Matches included in Rams Season Ticket: http://www.dewsburyrams.co.uk/article/47438/reserves-matches-included-in-rams

We'll also be using a more succinct hashtag when promoting ourselves on Twitter: #ChargeWithUs

In the weeks ahead I'm hoping to get us up and running with a fully online method to sign up for the instalment plan.

If there are any other ways that supporters think we can reach more people or make buying a season ticket more attractive then let us know your thoughts!

Tom

How about a letter along with posters and season ticket forms be sent to all community clubs about the free rams junior season tickets?? Thornhill Moor Celtic Shaw Cross and Osset??? Good ideas though Tom, especially the pay in instalments online ...

Think that's a great idea.

We need to ensure that the under-16s news article gets seen by mums, dads and coaches of local junior players.

Tom

Great work Tom. Despite criticisms (even occasionally from me) the club is leaps and bounds ahead of many others in our division thanks to the efforts from you and your colleagues.

Clearly social media is very important nowadays in reaching the relevant groups and I would hope that your team is much more savvy than such as I in being able to promulgate the message this way. Whatever the fans and particularly members of this forum can do to help, I'm sure that you only need to ask.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Think that's a great idea.

We need to ensure that the under-16s news article gets seen by mums, dads and coaches of local junior players.

Will the club take this on board Tom though? I can't see it costing much to print a couple of posters each for each of our amateur clubs aswel as printing enough season ticket forms out so would be worth it. The future of our club is these youngsters after all

Will the club take this on board Tom though? I can't see it costing much to print a couple of posters each for each of our amateur clubs aswel as printing enough season ticket forms out so would be worth it. The future of our club is these youngsters after all

The club had glossy, colour posters designed and printed throughout 2015 for supporters to collect and pin up around the area. How great the take-up from fans was I don't know, but the club has definitely taken the fans ideas on board in this respect.

If anybody can help put me in touch with some of the area's local junior coaches - either an email address or a Facebook nudge then I'd be happy to pass on the info about the under-16s freebie.

Likewise, if any fans reading this have contact with any junior coaches then please make sure you send them a link to the article.

Tom

A grand total of £23 saving for concessions season ticket.

Well you keep hearing about all these rich pensioners, don't you?

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Well you keep hearing about all these rich pensioners, don't you?

I'm still too vain to admit to being in the concessions bracket - not even to save brass. ;)

Censorship ends in logical completeness when nobody is allowed to read any books except the books that nobody reads.

George Bernard Shaw.

Just noticed this. In the south stand it is £11 on the gate for concessions which is what I'd pay if I was a student.

But if you buy a season ticket it is £155

£155 divided by 14 is £11.07

Let's say we play four home games in the eights so it's 15 matches. That equals 10.33.

Surely this can't be right Tom?

Just noticed this. In the south stand it is £11 on the gate for concessions which is what I'd pay if I was a student.

Let's say we play four home games in the eights so it's 15 matches. That equals 10.33.

South Stand concession ST is £115 isn't it?

This is an error. Very well spotted, marketram.

Has now been changed to £130.

Tom

Archived