Corney Syndicate Buyout

Dave Naylor

All we all want despite some differences of opinions which is always healthy on any forum is a club that as transparent as it can be,a club where information is readily available and a club where we can be proud of the administration side of it.Scott seems to be putting a side together to be competitive in the championship. But the administration side of the club is nothing short of embarrassing most of the time.Other clubs fans must be having a right laugh.I fear interest is on the wain and that would tragic considering what our magnificent players have just achieved.

but why should it matter what other fans think of us or the club? Why should it matter if they mock us (inwardly or outwardly)? are we not all adults?

They can say what they like, and think it too, but the fact is that the majority of the essence of the ';club' is the team, and the performance they put out on the pitch...which is and has been bloody amazing...as long as they keep doing what theyre doing, why should it matter what others think/say.

I can totally understand your frustration at the lack of info...honestly I can....i mean...i dont even know if i have a 'job' next season, as if its elsewhere (as it looks like its going to be, they will have their own control room operator...but...meh, c'est la vie....but i think if CH would have/could have had info to allay peoples fears, or buck their interest, he would have released it...hes not a nasty or malicious person, nor devious or sly...he wouldnt deliberately withhold info out of spite.

maybe you guys think im a daft old woman, who is being a bit 'pollyana-ish' about the whole thing (not that, that bothers me!!) but i just believe that the lack of stuff being done, or info being released, has a bonafide reason behind it and not a spiteful one.

And i will allow you to all come and laugh at me/throw rotten toms at me, should i be proved wrong!!

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I truly believe that the longer it drags on the worst position ch is in. Because whoever he negotiates with knows the season kicks off in 3 months and it he is not coming from a position of strength.

I think that an agreement in principle should have been done before the end of the season

Also the club had to tell the rfl on 31.07 where they would play

I do care about what other fans think of our club,I can't help it.I want our club to be kwown as a well run and organised outfit but it probably isn't in my view.I have been trying to stay positive, I really have,but its becoming increasingly difficult.All I want is my season tickets for me and my son to watch our club. He keeps asking when we are getting our tickets. I'm also not saying CH is devious or anything else but I do think over the years he has become an isolated Chairman. Also your not a daft old woman,you want what's best for the club,that's what we all want.And your knowledge on Japanese Knotweed must know no bounds and always comes in handy:).And another thing-i would never laugh at a fellow Roughyed or through rotten veg or anything else at you. I hope even if you aren't in your capacity next season I hope your still there cheating our boys on.I'll try my best to keep my chin up on the subject.

Daft Old Woman, Devious Chairman, and Japanese Knot weed, only need a Genie now and you have the makings of a good pantomime, get on to the Coliseum, Christmas is coming.

Ebeneezer Scrooge to play the Devious Chairman. LOL

QUIS CUSTODIAT IPSOS CUSTODES

Daft Old Woman, Devious Chairman, and Japanese Knot weed, only need a Genie now and you have the makings of a good pantomime, get on to the Coliseum, Christmas is coming.

Ebeneezer Scrooge to play the Devious Chairman. LOL

HA!! that made me laugh out loud!

How do you look in a sequinned waistcoat and a turban Baron??

HA!! that made me laugh out loud!

How do you look in a sequinned waistcoat and a turban Baron??

Played Oliver's Grandfather in the musical at the Coliseum a few years ago, cut a rather dashing figure I thought.

A young Liam Gartland played Oliver, (son of a local Rugby League player who you all know)

So we represented Rugby League at the Coliseum (with a bit of Biff for Fagin)

QUIS CUSTODIAT IPSOS CUSTODES

What do you think happened to those missing 4,000 over last 17 years, and more to the point WHY ???. Unforetunately they ALL had less patience that you :rtfm:

Could be for any number of reasons.

There have been a lot of Loyal supporters who sadly are no longer with us or can no longer attend matches. 

Could be for any number of reasons.

There have been a lot of Loyal supporters who sadly are no longer with us or can no longer attend matches. 

yes...this ^^^ I think Oldham must have the highest average fan age of any team! I Love to see the older generation turning out to watch the matches when they can, no matter what! Made of strong stuff those generations LOL :D

I to love to see the older generation turning out for games,its brilliant to see.But on a more serious note we have to start attracting a younger clientele as they are the future. It's a shame we don't see more kids at games as its a cracking game to watch with a more warm atmosphere than football.Its also a damn sight cheaper than football.If only people would give it a go. If only the club would run a promotion where a child goes in free with a full paying adult.Every child will want a drink and food at a game so they would be making money that way.(Just a thought).

I to love to see the older generation turning out for games,its brilliant to see.But on a more serious note we have to start attracting a younger clientele as they are the future. It's a shame we don't see more kids at games as its a cracking game to watch with a more warm atmosphere than football.Its also a damn sight cheaper than football.If only people would give it a go. If only the club would run a promotion where a child goes in free with a full paying adult.Every child will want a drink and food at a game so they would be making money that way.(Just a thought).

exactly, ive been saying that for a while, thats why i suggested a whole kids section on a (any) new website, to really draw the future fans in and make them feel part of the whole roughyeds family.

thats why i try go out of my way to provide little extras for any wee fans that do come, so they have a good experience and want to come back (to see that nice fat lady with the secret stash of biccys ;))

On well Clifford you can only try mate.Also Outsider is very right about the Roughyeds family-thats how they should market the club.Inclusive and welcoming to all.Maybe have a section of wherever we end up playing for the kids to mix with Roary and maybe get the players involved too.Every child has their favourite. I remember at sheddings,I met Mike Gregory- I was smiling for weeks after,what a guy he was.

I remember meeting Alex Alexander and bob mordell after training one night, just before playing Wakefield away in the challenge cup. They both said to me we'll win this for you. We lost.

Years later Alex became a mentor for me and a friend

Archived