Predictions for the premier league play off's

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A hard fought victory for Mayfield, they did what they had to do.

Really am getting peed off with the officials we are having. The ref today was totally clueless,for both sides may I add, and what's the use of the two flagwaggers they do ###### all except judge on conversions. It is about time the R.L. did something about them.

Was at the mayfield/Wath Brow game today,best team won on the day,but how they managed to finish with 13 players still on the field,only the officials know,Mayfield are a big physical side and could go all the way this year,although they do resort to some underhand tactics at times.

I have to mention a section of the home crowd today,who were a disgrace to the game of rugby league and are a blight on a good club, and the genuine supporters who expressed their embarrassment at their behaviour.

Totally agree with Davo5, as a neutral spectator for the second week running the language from the stand was again appalling. Should Mayfield reach the final, I sincerely hope the Management Committee have something in place to eject the idiots. Otherwise I can for see another incident like we had a decade ago at Mount Pleasant. And we don't need that.

Totally agree with Davo5, as a neutral spectator for the second week running the language from the stand was again appalling. Should Mayfield reach the final, I sincerely hope the Management Committee have something in place to eject the idiots. Otherwise I can for see another incident like we had a decade ago at Mount Pleasant. And we don't need that.

Ive played and watched Rugby League for over 30 years and have never seen and heard such disgraceful behaviour on the sidelines of a rugby field as I did yesterday at Mayfield.The constant verbal abuse of officials,players,especially those laying injured on the pitch and away fans is something I thought I would never see at a rugby match.Surely it's time the club or the NCL take action against this type of behaviour,the fact that several of them were in fact Mayfield 2nd team players,according to the genuine mayfield supporters I spoke do should make this easily accomplished.

appologies Barbara....must have been the miners ale that affected my eyesight...siddal saved there best performance of the season for yest,outstanding all round performance .....many thanks to miners for there gracious speeches in defeat ,hope to meet up in the final again !!

A lot depends on the man in the middle,a strong ref,I fancy miners footballing ability to get them home,anything like the one in charge on Saturday at Rochdale and I think Mayfields strong arm tactics might overpower Leigh.

Davo seen Mayfield all season dont agree with your remark about strong arm tactics if you have a look at the stats they have scored the most points in the league and only Siddal have a better points difference,they play open and attractive rugby, indeed if they had a big pack I believe they would have won the competition as certainly in a couple of their defeats they were the ones that got bullied in the game.As for refereeing I remember a few months ago watching them at Wath getting beat in the dying embers of the game by 2 points with the ref awarding 4 straight sets on the Mayfield line all for off side until Wath scored but hey thats sport for you ask Scotland RU. Oh Yes and also crowd abusing Mayfield kicker when taking kicks but hey thats sport. Lets give credit where its due Wath are a great club with a long and illustrious history and probably future in the amateur game, Mayfield are an unfashionable club in Rugby circles or it seems that way to me watching and travelling but they have had a remarkable season despite not being in the heartlands of rugby league even if it ends at Leigh on Saturday          

Davo seen Mayfield all season dont agree with your remark about strong arm tactics if you have a look at the stats they have scored the most points in the league and only Siddal have a better points difference,they play open and attractive rugby, indeed if they had a big pack I believe they would have won the competition as certainly in a couple of their defeats they were the ones that got bullied in the game.As for refereeing I remember a few months ago watching them at Wath getting beat in the dying embers of the game by 2 points with the ref awarding 4 straight sets on the Mayfield line all for off side until Wath scored but hey thats sport for you ask Scotland RU. Oh Yes and also crowd abusing Mayfield kicker when taking kicks but hey thats sport. Lets give credit where its due Wath are a great club with a long and illustrious history and probably future in the amateur game, Mayfield are an unfashionable club in Rugby circles or it seems that way to me watching and travelling but they have had a remarkable season despite not being in the heartlands of rugby league even if it ends at Leigh on Saturday

There was only one set of fans abusing people on Saturday and they weren't from Wath Brow.

Archived