NZ series ticket sales latest news

Scubby

• Replies 463
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Was told earlier this afternoon that only around 2,000 remain.

That should be at least 47,000 which is a damn good effort. It's a major stepping stone to the future of international footy in the UK too. I'd love to see us get bigger with the northern games and try for 30k+ stadiums in the coming years

rsz_1rsz_1rsz_2bulldogsbanner.png

Olympic Stadium sounds like a perfect fit for us in size, location, prestige. Hopefully the game day experience will be the same and we can take more games there.

As above, we ought to be looking at 3 c.40k stadiums for international series. OP and one either side of the pennines be that ER, Etihad or wherever. 40k for a test match feels like what it should be for an RL test at the moment.

Formerly Alistair Boyd-Meaney

fifty thousand Poouunds from Keighley...weve had im gid."

3736-mipm.gif

MIPM Project Management and Business Solutions "

Discounts available for forum members contact me for details

Olympic Stadium sounds like a perfect fit for us in size, location, prestige. Hopefully the game day experience will be the same and we can take more games there.

As above, we ought to be looking at 3 c.40k stadiums for international series. OP and one either side of the pennines be that ER, Etihad or wherever. 40k for a test match feels like what it should be for an RL test at the moment.

Sounds about right and if the Aussies ever do another 3 test series over here I'd go for OP, OT and st James park.

I agree with you except to say I would go for OP plus one up North in a 40k+ stadium but then use the other to take to other parts of the country to help generate more interest. That is irrespective of stadium size... For sure St James Park, or somewhere in mid-lands or over Bristol way or whatever even if a smaller stadium.....

We need to make money, for now, so I would suggest a more staged approach.

OP will be a big tick for all future tours.

We could sell out Elland Road for the Kiwis or the Kangaroos.

I think the Etihad or Old Trafford should be used in addition.

At that stage, we will be at least as far on as we were at the start of the 90s, a golden era for our game internationally, and well ahead of any other time since the 50s.

I think a big test match outside the heartlands when we already have one in London is perhaps too much at this stage. Whilst I agree with the sentiment, you would be relying on heartland fans to get the attendance above 15,000 which seems both a risk and a waste at the moment. I'd rather build it to the point RL tests are recognised big national events before taking it too expansion locations.

3736-mipm.gif

54k capacity at op and man city now. We should try and make these our north and south base for tests.

Absolutely spot on! Have these two every tour as the main test grounds and leave the third free to take round the country.

I think a big test match outside the heartlands when we already have one in London is perhaps too much at this stage. Whilst I agree with the sentiment, you would be relying on heartland fans to get the attendance above 15,000 which seems both a risk and a waste at the moment. I'd rather build it to the point RL tests are recognised big national events before taking it too expansion locations.

yep. We probably make more from the Hull or Wigan test this year than the London one, where marketing costs and subsidised tickets will be a factor.

Making cash from games where little effort is required allows you to take a gamble on Lo.don, Newcastle etc.

Get people in the routine of attending then you can stop subsidising tickets.

Absolutely spot on! Have these two every tour as the main test grounds and leave the third free to take round the country.

Good shout. Etihad feels perfect at the moment.

3736-mipm.gif

yep. We probably make more from the Hull or Wigan test this year than the London one, where marketing costs and subsidised tickets will be a factor.

Making cash from games where little effort is required allows you to take a gamble on Lo.don, Newcastle etc.

Get people in the routine of attending then you can stop subsidising tickets.

Couldn't agree more. I think we should aim a little higher than Wigan and Hull now though, admitting they were perhaps right as a platform in this series.

3736-mipm.gif

We need to make money, for now, so I would suggest a more staged approach.

OP will be a big tick for all future tours.

We could sell out Elland Road for the Kiwis or the Kangaroos.

I think the Etihad or Old Trafford should be used in addition.

At that stage, we will be at least as far on as we were at the start of the 90s, a golden era for our game internationally, and well ahead of any other time since the 50s.

Elland Road is in need of a revamp. If that happens, fine but until it does I'd give it a miss.

rldfsignature.jpg

Online ticketing now closed with no information on the website about the possibility  of buying tickets on the door.

So potential punters looking at that will walk away.

I'm sure we have been down this road before

Online ticketing now closed with no information on the website about the possibility  of buying tickets on the door.

So potential punters looking at that will walk away.

It's not closed - it's still there, it's just the website, disgracefully, isn't working properly. When it comes up with the "event no longer in list" thing, click on 'Match Tickets/Single Tickets", then try again and you'll get the stadium map and the ability to buy tickets. Really poor from the RFL's website ticket partners.

Either way they are still losing punters. That is bad. (Still the same 20mins later)

Why does n't it say "website queuing please try again later" or something positive like that not "event no longer listed"

Elland Road is in need of a revamp. If that happens, fine but until it does I'd give it a miss.

I don't think we should be going to Leeds at all, regardless of whether any stadium there has been revamped or not.  We need to be moving away from Leeds and into other areas.  London is vital for internationals I think and given Manchester's status these days so too is that city.  While we have the Grand Final at Old Trafford, City's ground could become our international venue there.  A third test venue could be more mobile, maybe taking a game somewhere totally new, perhaps where an amateur or lower league club is based in the midlands or south of the country, or maybe just to a Superleague club's stadium to give the sport a direct boost.

I don't think we should be going to Leeds at all, regardless of whether any stadium there has been revamped or not.  We need to be moving away from Leeds and into other areas.  London is vital for internationals I think and given Manchester's status these days so too is that city.  While we have the Grand Final at Old Trafford, City's ground could become our international venue there.  A third test venue could be more mobile, maybe taking a game somewhere totally new, perhaps where an amateur or lower league club is based in the midlands or south of the country, or maybe just to a Superleague club's stadium to give the sport a direct boost.

I agree I'd love us to take England games to different cities. Manchester and Newcastle would be the next most likely, but I'd love to try Birmingham and Liverpool as well.

Archived