Neutral Refs Please - It's Just Awkward

Scubby

So the referee for third test will be determined by a panel of three after reviewing the first two games. 

Steve Ganson, Chairman of the Match Officials Appointment Panel;

Luke Watts, the New Zealand National Referee Development Officer;

Thierry Alibert, Head of Match Officials, France.

I foresee Alibert having the casting vote in that one.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree with the neutral system but we all know the nrl won't allow this to happen! The reason being they are mostly in the final of four nations etc. so there refs won't ever get the gig. The last neutral ref was Leon williamson from Nz. He refed in both nrl and rfl. Once he got the gig for the four nations final over the Aussie they implemented policies to ensure it wouldn't happen again. The French guy Thierry Albert was hung out to dry as a result also!

It will take someone with balls to stand up for these problems!

Who will ref the 3rd test?

. The last neutral ref was Leon williamson from Nz. He refed in both nrl and rfl.

No, just NO. He never reffed in NRL and he wasn't the last neutral ref. 2 of the last 3 AUS/NZ games were reffed by Phil Bentham. The last NZer to ref an OZ game was Henry Perenara and before that, Shane Rehm, both since Williamson retired.

ENG/FRA - Keepmoat 2009

ENG/OZ - Elland Rd 2009

ENG/FRA - LSV 2009

Offside back claims Williamson reffed in England and Australia. I know you have refuted the Australia claim but I didn't think he'd reffed in our domestic league except maybe as a warm up prior to a Test match.

rldfsignature.jpg

Archived