Who do WE want in part2

troutmaster

Barry Williams Gary Charlton Brad Hepi all players that were disliked in opposition colours but all were good signings..

go **** yasell ya little **** gain NL1 then take ya **** out ya dads **** then speak proper rugby talk. you jameating little spotty ****...itchy waa waa 2008...

• Replies 895
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't recall anyone being anti Barry Williams when he was at Carlisle - everyone could see he was a very talented player and wish they had him in your side. Brad Hepi got some stick (and his hair pulled) but not Barry.

Barry Williams Gary Charlton Brad Hepi all players that were disliked in opposition colours but all were good signings..

everyone hated big ginge when he was at haven, but it took him about 30 seconds to become a favourite at drewent park. I suggest the ones rubbishing Tyler might hang fire and see what he brings to us as there's a large chance he could be signing for us. We all do daft things in the heat of the moment and he took more than average stick whilst getting battered on the field, so to be very frustrated and for a young man to act out is perfectly normal.

the futures bright,the futures blue and white

IF he signs it will all be a storm in a teacup. He's only 22, I made bigger mistakes than that at his age. He'll be more embarrassed about it than anyone, I thought it was funny to be honest!

The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

If you get a reaction of an opponent , I'd suggest it's because he actually gives a sh#t which I quite like. Until we signed sammut I was quite frankly desperate to see the players just show they were up for it. Hepi is definitely up for it and has something to work with. 

Don't recall anyone being anti Barry Williams when he was at Carlisle - everyone could see he was a very talented player and wish they had him in your side. Brad Hepi got some stick (and his hair pulled) but not Barry.

seen him get booed many a time remember one a-team match when he got sin binned he put a finger up to the crowd who were garn nuts at him

go **** yasell ya little **** gain NL1 then take ya **** out ya dads **** then speak proper rugby talk. you jameating little spotty ****...itchy waa waa 2008...

I am not a coach but the way I see it is that he must have shown something other than acting like an headbanger to get in to HKR's academy.     He used to play with Dave Petersen in the HKR Under 20's and had some good reviews.   He went play for his dad's team, Gloucester Old Golds and again got some good reviews.   We only know him from his time at Haven and playing against us.   I believe that we have the coaching staff at Town to get him pointed in the right direction and PV is no mug and wouldn't tolerate any of his stupid actions for very long.   At 22 let's give him a chance - if it's right that he is signing for us.

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

It's a punt if it happens , but I'll give him the benefit of the doubt and see what transpires . I've only seen him against us , and he wasn't an upgrade on what we had . But you need bodies , and especially utility ones . But it must go side by side with four or five genuine game changing signings of quality , which we need and are led to expect . If so , then sweet . We still wait with fingers crossed that everything is still on the right track . Delays don't help that thinking , so sooner we stamp our mark back on this league with these ' big fish ' announcements the better please , and everyone will be back on side and more optimistic

To be fair Hepi isn't a bad player but just a pretty average semi pro with a fair sized ego. And an inflated opinion of his own ability. He made an absolute prat of himself against us and didn't do his self. any favours regarding any future relations with our fans and I dare say most of our players too. As for us signing him with the right coaching and the right attitude on his side he would probably make a reasonable squad player at best, if he doesn't change his attitude and curb his temperI would think he could be a bit of a liability to himself and his team. I would say he is definitely no better than what we have or indeed no better than some we have let go obviously Haven don't hold him in very high esteem or they woul want to hang on to his services.

If he were used as a prop like many are suggesting. Who.would he get in infront? Personally id take scholey all day over hepi. Scholey works harder, tackles harder and is far less likely to punish ourselves with penalties. Also, remember big dan rooney is back this year too.

And you were in the negotiations were you ???? Funny how people like to say they know what players are getting when in reality they don't. If a player chooses another team over you then it must be "more money".........Truth is you don't know. Please tell us all the details of the wages because you obviously know what we don't.

You lot are signing Hepi ALLEGEDLY for more money than Miller and Sammut ALLEGEDLY on super league salary so are you nearing the salary cap ???

Crawl back under your stone will you and take the rest of them with you, what's it going to be like if you actually beat us. ?

And you were in the negotiations were you ???? Funny how people like to say they know what players are getting when in reality they don't. If a player chooses another team over you then it must be "more money".........Truth is you don't know. Please tell us all the details of the wages because you obviously know what we don't.

You lot are signing Hepi ALLEGEDLY for more money than Miller and Sammut ALLEGEDLY on super league salary so are you nearing the salary cap ???

Oh look.... the return of another Haven Troll.

Funny how your deluded lot seem to know how much Town players are on or have been offered,,, :yes:

"i hate workington town fans with a passion they are the biggest cry babies in rl and boy do they get jealous easy"- Choccy 2012

"if it wernt for me they would have nowt at all to talk about" - Choccy 2012

Crawl back under your stone will you and take the rest of them with you, what's it going to be like if you actually beat us. ?

I suppose they've had sod all to celebrate for such a long time, so they get all giddy at any minor victory, no matter how small time they end up looking.

How was he used by them ? When he signed Deakin said he was a second row , but could be used at loose forward with an offload . I don't think we need any more undersized props , so I'm not sure in terms of position .Probably just the squad and utility value, and a young player to mould ,on their door step ready to step in , has made us move . Certainly won't be dull !

How was he used by them ? When he signed Deakin said he was a second row , but could be used at loose forward with an offload . I don't think we need any more undersized props , so I'm not sure in terms of position .Probably just the squad and utility value, and a young player to mould ,on their door step ready to step in , has made us move . Certainly won't be dull !

played prop for hull kr when he played in their first team 

i think he'd be looked as a straight swap for kurt if he is leaving.

the futures bright,the futures blue and white

Archived