Who do WE want in part2

troutmaster

i think he'd be looked as a straight swap for kurt if he is leaving.

Another big IF there wonky as we simple dont know what the position is.   I was told that Kurt and his partner were having a look around Europe  but they were enjoying their time here in the UK so just what is the right story!!!!!!!!

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

• Replies 895
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Another big IF there wonky as we simple dont know what the position is. I was told that Kurt and his partner were having a look around Europe but they were enjoying their time here in the UK so just what is the right story!!!!!!!!

no idea Keith. There's a few people who have said he's off but a couple more saying he'll be back for pre season.

the futures bright,the futures blue and white

I really struggle to see him as a prop the way we chucked him around when he tried to be the enforcer . Karl is no bigger but you hardly ever see him handled like that .The elite we are trying to break into is full of huge , rugged props chugging up the guts . That's what we need to add . If he's got some ball skills then maybe better looking to use those

I'm for him to come here then it's sorted lets announce it!

Has Perry whitely also been offially released or again nothing? Just rumours he was off to a championship one club, didn't live up to his dubbing to be honest scores a few but also missed a lot of tackles and a lad with his frame shouldn't do that

Yes . By this stage we should really be publicly knowing what our players of last season are doing . Perry , Horton , Matty , Fifita . Rumours are one thing but official word is needed . Keeps people informed and you know what holes you are filling

I don't think anything will be announced on latu or kurt as there on 2 year deals so unless there leaving there's nothing to write on them 2. Matty won't know yet as he's had his surgery but won't know himself yet if he's coming back or not. As for Perry I'm not sure if we've announced when a player who hardly ever played has left, we didn't announce that Lucock was leaving so I'm not sure why we say anything about Perry.

the futures bright,the futures blue and white

But there's to much we find out here , and to little we find out through official sources , even if it's just general updates. Lots of fans don't come here . If that's so just say all that . For to many weeks and weeks there's no communication . You wouldn't announce a player who's left , I can't get my head around that one? Whether he's central or not is immaterial

Notice the squad page is now missing off the website.....

"i hate workington town fans with a passion they are the biggest cry babies in rl and boy do they get jealous easy"- Choccy 2012

"if it wernt for me they would have nowt at all to talk about" - Choccy 2012

We have a Twitter and a Facebook and a website which are perfect outlets for communication with fans . Especially the website which should be first stop . You can say there's no news , but you can turn that round if you want . So many question marks here when you read posts from folk . Why not pick up on those ...fill the dead time .

Say something like ' we have had enquiries about Horton , he is here and training hard ' ... ' fans asking about Perry , unfortunately he's left and we wish him well ' ... ' matty is undecided for fans who are asking ' etc etc . Maybe I'm naive , but I don't see how hard that is , and it gets fans good will just keeping them in the loop

Getting really fed up now of no news from DP, nothing, zilch. You would think the club closed down for the off season.If they think making one announcement of two or three players is better for the fans, then they are out of touch.Why not ,when a player signs the contract,announce it immediately.Better releasing one name so we can chew the fat on here that no names at all and leave it all up to them lot down the road to fire bullets  at us.

Leading us along about jarrod would be fine IF others were announced ... But we've had nothing ...

I really thought we were gonna have a dig with signing Declan early ... We don't need much to be a top 6 side... But amongst the quality needed we now need squad players after losing lucock duerdon / miller ... Plus walker and brett to injuries that's out of a paper thin squad who's cracks were masked by the horror of DR for the past 2 seasons ...

I really hope we get some signed but slowly one by one our hoped names seem to be drifting away .. I have big hopes that were signing barlow however for all us fans know we might not have even spoken to him...

Riley was a massive miss for us.. Don't get me wrong signing him isn't we going to make haven into world beaters.. They need a lot more than miller and Riley but he was just what we needed to compliment our local squad full of youngsters such as walker etc ..

If matty isn't continuing then we have a major problem at hooker that needs sorting... Phillips gets the odd injury and I really don't like doran is the answer in the middle of the park...

Massive question marks over Horton and fafita to be honest ...

Whitely .. However bad his defence was .. His flexibility in positions will be a miss as he can play 3/4/12

When does training start next week ? ..

no REAL fan would ever say that

... and I'm not sure any REAL fan would give it any credence by posting such a pathetic whinge on our forum?

Get Hepi signed, he's a battler with the aggression we sometimes lack

Havens loss is Towns gain with Tyler he was a good player for us the only forward with any real aggression, although often too much aggression cost us with penalties and teams went on to target him late on in the season once everyone realised what his temper was like, still I'd like to have kept him he's only a young lad and if someone can sort his discipline out, who knows. Agree with you on the lack of info from Town, I suppose if nothing is happening at the moment, there's nothing to report

Really wish people would stop ####### their pants, just because there is no announcements doesn't mean that nothing is signed and sealed, it's just hasn't been delivered yet.

Surf dudes with attitudes, (Kinda groovy), Laid back moods. Sky above, sand below (Good vibrations), Feelin' mellow. Won't give it up, Don't wanna stop....Don't wake me up, Don't wake me up if I'm dreamin', California dreams, Just let me lay here in the sun, Until my dream is done

Really wish people would stop ####### their pants, just because there is no announcements doesn't mean that nothing is signed and sealed, it's just hasn't been delivered yet.

Why isnt it being announced though??

" Sammut has signed, it just cant be announced"

"We have signed a winger and a prop, just cant be announced yet"

"We have signed Hepi today"

If we have signed them mate , then why cant the club announce it? Every other club is.

Maybe when Vievers is back off his holiday ,it will be announced?

Archived