What happened to the clubs run the league ?

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've got the results of every BARLA National league/NCL game ever played since 1986. I am a big fan of that standard of amateur rugby league. My own club have been members for many years, but it is quite obvious to me that the clubs do not run the league. The RFL will always cajole and bribe their way into getting what they want. I would be highly delighted but utterly "gobsmacked" if the clubs tell the management and RFL to stick their dual reg where the sun doesn't shine. If it goes ahead, I hope all the clubs not in favour break away and form a winter competition. JUST ABOUT HAD ENOUGH OF THE GAME I FELL IN LOVE WITH NOW.

I've got the results of every BARLA National league/NCL game ever played since 1986. I am a big fan of that standard of amateur rugby league. My own club have been members for many years, but it is quite obvious to me that the clubs do not run the league. The RFL will always cajole and bribe their way into getting what they want. I would be highly delighted but utterly "gobsmacked" if the clubs tell the management and RFL to stick their dual reg where the sun doesn't shine. If it goes ahead, I hope all the clubs not in favour break away and form a winter competition. JUST ABOUT HAD ENOUGH OF THE GAME I FELL IN LOVE WITH NOW.

So if the majority vote you suggest the others leave the league which is quite within there rights.Just out of interest I take it you think they all want to return to winter even though it seems there is only a small minority that keep going on about switching back to winter.

Do you think the players coming through in the next few years who all play in summer comps now will want to switch back to a winter season when they get to open age.

I think the clubs should speak to their representative to put pressure on the management regarding the voting, I think No e mail should not be acceptance AND counted as a YES,

It should be YES, NO or ABSTAIN

Even thou I agree that no vote should be abstain it should not matter as all clubs know how not replying will be treated

A show of hands was good enough for the switch to summer , I get suspicious of the motives to change the status quo .

Our clubs were given the info to take back to the clubs and to debate in house and come back and vote in the open and transparent way , that process was questioned by the RFL and they intimated some clubs didn't know what they were voted for. , translated meant because the clubs didn't vote the RFL s way the process was flawed people can draw their own conclusions on that but for me giving the clubs the info and allowing them the freedom to vote in a open and transparent way is the best and right way to shape our future .

Even thou I agree that no vote should be abstain it should not matter as all clubs know how not replying will be treated

We are supposed to be running a democratic society and Rugby League should be the same, as I say it is a bad situation when you cannot trust the management, why not say the no reply will be a NO vote, this is where they are cleaver as they know a lot of people wont bother, they never do till it effects them, by then it is too late

So if the majority vote you suggest the others leave the league which is quite within there rights.Just out of interest I take it you think they all want to return to winter even though it seems there is only a small minority that keep going on about switching back to winter.

Do you think the players coming through in the next few years who all play in summer comps now will want to switch back to a winter season when they get to open age.

If you are relying on the players coming through the summer game at the moment then we are in trouble, 4 U18s teams in Yorkshire last summer think they finished playing in July, 7 under 17s teams not all finished the season and you tell me how many u16s finished, there were nearly 100 16/17/18 teams in the Yorkshire Youth till the switch. The YML Division 1 was like a proper league most of the others a joke some of the entry teams played 3-4 games all season so don't get back on that band wagon again

I did not intend for my comment to become a Summer/Winter argument. I actually much prefer to be stood on the touchline in Summer but the change has not been good for my club. I watched Rugby League in Summer and Winter up to now because I just loved the game, but this winter I am taking in some amateur football instead.

I don't trust the NCL management anymore and I have never trusted the RFL. I am certain they will bring dual reg in one way or another. I often consider giving the game up now, with its dual reg, forward passing, constant rule changes and Super Greed. I am 60 soon and I work nights including Friday, which makes away trips difficult. I rarely miss a game though, and I just love my club too much to give up, unless somebody comes along who will do my work better than me. I might not enjoy the politics behind the product any more but I can't stop loving my club and the people who have become my friends.

I did not intend for my comment to become a Summer/Winter argument. I actually much prefer to be stood on the touchline in Summer but the change has not been good for my club. I watched Rugby League in Summer and Winter up to now because I just loved the game, but this winter I am taking in some amateur football instead.

I don't trust the NCL management anymore and I have never trusted the RFL. I am certain they will bring dual reg in one way or another. I often consider giving the game up now, with its dual reg, forward passing, constant rule changes and Super Greed. I am 60 soon and I work nights including Friday, which makes away trips difficult. I rarely miss a game though, and I just love my club too much to give up, unless somebody comes along who will do my work better than me. I might not enjoy the politics behind the product any more but I can't stop loving my club and the people who have become my friends.

Celtic,i am sure you will find that at least 50% of administrators at clubs are in agreement with you. It is only loyalty to friends that keeps me involved, the enjoyment levels are far out weighed by the politics and hard work that being in the NCL involves.

I think you feel like the majority and totally agree, if it was not for the bond with your club more would walk from the game

Stand by for the divide and conquer e mail.

The club's need to stand up for themselves on this one and insist on a meeting and a show of hands at that meeting by member clubs.

The last time they did anything by e mail they contacted plenty of folk no longer involved with the game and fudged the results.

Only certain clubs will want or benefit from dual registration and if that's the case your gonna end up with only one team per town. Clubs will then drop out of the NCL and return to regional leagues due to not being able to compete.

I have had no e mail yet Barbara I asked twice in the meeting for a show of hands vote. Once on Cas Panthers the other on duel registration. My requests were simply washed over by the management. Very disappointed to be honest I do not want to vote by e mail a vote is private you vote via e mail and its them known who you voted for.

Very poor at the minute. It just seems that the league is not really run by the club's.

Celtic Rooster. I have had the privalige of your company twice this season. Keep going pal you clearly love your club !

How will we know if they said yes or no? Will the votes be published - who said yes and who said no?

I would presume that it will not list which way clubs voted as it should be confindential.

It has been mentioned before by another poster thou that votes at meeting no club names are mentioned this way the management will know who voted what.

The clubs can ask this at the next meeting or a representative im sure can email and ask, it may not be put on the main site.

I don't understand why any club should be worried about people knowing how they voted. All clubs

are entitled to vote how they want. If you think that the vote won't be counted 'correctly' - thensend a copy of your voting email to your club reps (all four of them have their contact details

shown on the NCL website). In fact, it would be a good idea if ALL the clubs copied in the club

reps, then we will be able to assure you that the voting was done democratically.

I'm not bothered that clubs who don't vote will be fined. It's their duty to vote on such an

important issue that will affect us all one way or another.

Don't not vote, then moan further down the line that we don't run our own competition!

I don't understand why any club should be worried about people knowing how they voted. All clubs

are entitled to vote how they want. If you think that the vote won't be counted 'correctly' - thensend a copy of your voting email to your club reps (all four of them have their contact details

shown on the NCL website). In fact, it would be a good idea if ALL the clubs copied in the club

reps, then we will be able to assure you that the voting was done democratically.

I'm not bothered that clubs who don't vote will be fined. It's their duty to vote on such an

important issue that will affect us all one way or another.

Don't not vote, then moan further down the line that we don't run our own competition!

Any club should be allowed to vote without other clubs knowing how they voted that is a far way.

Are you really saying that all clubs should send a copy to the reps because you believe the management may change to result to suit.(if you do whats to say the reps arnt in on as well).

Ask your club rep is he has seen the replies if it bothers you and you think the management are corrupt which is what you are implying.

The management have already stated they do not hold strong view for or against the dual reg vote.

Any club should be allowed to vote without other clubs knowing how they voted that is a far way.

Are you really saying that all clubs should send a copy to the reps because you believe the management may change to result to suit.(if you do whats to say the reps arnt in on as well).

Ask your club rep is he has seen the replies if it bothers you and you think the management are corrupt which is what you are implying.

The management have already stated they do not hold strong view for or against the dual reg vote.

I suggest that you read my message again! I'm saying quite the opposite. I suggested that all you doubtful dodgers out there who foolishly imagine that the Management would 'change the result to suit' could simply send a copy of their votes to the Club Reps. It's a bit sad if you don't trust the Management AND the Club Reps -and if that's the case, then you or your club haven't been doing your job well enough in the voting system that's in place.

My Club will be voting against Dual Registration. I am a Club Rep. For any Club that doesn't vote or abstains - don't come moaning if you don't like how the vote went.

Archived