Lee mitchell

Keep The Faith

Been released from his last year from his contract

It's on the main website due to work.

Wonder if we will be looking for a new forward now?

Sad to hear that, was a good player and that hit on Moi Moi will live long in my memory.

We have 8 million forwards on the books however, so i think theres plenty of cover.

Three quarters are desperately needed however.

What we're dealing with here is a complete lack of respect for the law

That makes a current squad of twenty-two according to the 'Dogs' website.

We'll need more.

Regarding website and its lack of updates. Please give your opinion.

1 The players signed add up to 23. Would it be better if the list was numbered or deleted to avoid confusion?

2 Is an up to date league table and next fixture on the front page really necessary?

3 The season player stats have been updated every game does anyone care?

4 Kerr Interiors MOM updated every game. Does anyone look at this?

5 19 man squad announced each week. Is it worth the effort when the rfl also publish these details?

6 The match DVD was discontinued because of all the negative comments and no positives, should the community team,  breakfast club, Batley Girls, Explosion, supporters club and bissa links be removed as they are rarely, if ever, updated?

7 Any other things you can think of to cut the waste?

8 All the season fixtures, results scores and attendance are updated after each match. Did anyone know this?

Death is not the end. Just think of it as leaving early to avoid the rush.

paraphrase of Terry Pratchett from Good Omens written in 1990.

I think you should look at other club websites. Of course you need the next fixture on the front page. Preferably with a link to buy tickets.

Match highlights need to be there too (again could also have a link to buy the full DVD) and player / coach / chairman video interviews done professionally in front of a sponsor board.

The links should stay as they are all important parts of the club. Maybe update the content or encourage others in charge of that content to update it.

I think you should look at other club websites. Of course you need the next fixture on the front page. Preferably with a link to buy tickets.

Match highlights need to be there too (again could also have a link to buy the full DVD) and player / coach / chairman video interviews done professionally in front of a sponsor board.

The links should stay as they are all important parts of the club. Maybe update the content or encourage others in charge of that content to update it.

I think you have misunderstood the Post. Buffalo have sole control of the site layout. I simply update the news and the other items listed when sent updates.

Bulldogs tv was not well received and was removed accordingly. The points I raised were to save time wasting. If no one looks at them it is pointless and only causes irritation to you fans.

Death is not the end. Just think of it as leaving early to avoid the rush.

paraphrase of Terry Pratchett from Good Omens written in 1990.

1 The players signed add up to 23. Would it be better if the list was numbered or deleted to avoid confusion?

2 Is an up to date league table and next fixture on the front page really necessary?

5 19 man squad announced each week. Is it worth the effort when the rfl also publish these details?

6 The match DVD was discontinued because of all the negative comments and no positives, should the community team,  breakfast club, Batley Girls, Explosion, supporters club and bissa links be removed as they are rarely, if ever, updated?

8 All the season fixtures, results scores and attendance are updated after each match. Did anyone know this?

Get Supertyke on board - he seems to be pretty clued up on the webby stuff.  :angel:

Censorship ends in logical completeness when nobody is allowed to read any books except the books that nobody reads.

George Bernard Shaw.

I think the last thing we should be doing is reducing content on the website. I don't think league tables,player stats, squad announcements or match highlights are waste. I think they are essential for promoting the club and giving a professional impression. The website needs more/faster updating not less. Understand that all this demands time and commitment and I have not been one to criticise the current site for it's failings, lack of updates, unprofessional photos (the JK signings wearing Wildcats gear, silly charabanc pics ) etc because I know we rely on volunteers to do this work and I'm actually very grateful for any info on the site since I live 200 miles away. But reducing content- NO, the club somehow has to find a way of improving the site and increasing content.

1 The players signed add up to 23. Would it be better if the list was numbered or deleted to avoid confusion? NO

2 Is an up to date league table and next fixture on the front page really necessary? YES

3 The season player stats have been updated every game does anyone care? YES

4 Kerr Interiors MOM updated every game. Does anyone look at this? YES - Well done AR!

5 19 man squad announced each week. Is it worth the effort when the rfl also publish these details? YES - OWNERSHIP

6 The match DVD was discontinued because of all the negative comments and no positives, should the community team,  breakfast club, Batley Girls, Explosion, supporters club and bissa links be removed as they are rarely, if ever, updated? ALL WHAT CRITICISM - IT WAS A LIFELINE FOR THOSE WHO COULD NOT GET TO MATCHES FOR WHATEVER REASON!

8 All the season fixtures, results scores and attendance are updated after each match. Did anyone know this? YES

Surely the point is to get as many different people to the website as possible in order to publicise our club. l think many people are not questioning the information on it, but the layout!

For someone like me, who lives a distance away and cannot always get up to the mount or doesn't like trawling the net for local Batley news, the website is my first port of call for info.

Can I ask please. If BUFFALO have control over the site,who are you ""Website""??.

Understand the reason for the questions,so are we correct in assuming you are now the official club information/webmaster ??

WHERE DO YOU WANT ME TO SWIPE THIS?

Bulldogs tv was not well received and was removed accordingly.

It's a pity Bulldogs TV has been removed.

I enjoyed it.

I'm sure many fans will have used it - either to catch up on games they couldn't attend, or relive the highlights they saw live. Maybe even checking on "controversial" refereeing decisions.

Quid quid latine dictum sit altum videtur

Thanks for reminding me of my responsibilities; like most contributors I work around 60 hours a week and then have home care duties on top. I only 'police' the site to ensure clean language and to ensure that comments do not become too personal. I agree here that this thread went a little off piste. Website in my opinion was improving late last season and due to my comments re; work, I was delighted to be able to see match highlights and feel it should be retained. Rather than cutting content,any content is welcome and is useful to followers further afield.

The fact that you even ask these questions says everything...

I'm really trying to keep control of myself at this moment...

He is not wanted by the look of things GOR ...

Their loss I'd say - presumably they DON'T need all the help they can get, despite indications to the contrary.

Censorship ends in logical completeness when nobody is allowed to read any books except the books that nobody reads.

George Bernard Shaw.

Tend to agree with SuperTyke, If the poster posting as Website is really the person who runs the Bulldogs website, then I think we have problems. If he can't see that the club website should be the best, most up to date, complete, easy to navigate site possible, then I think we have the wrong person running the site. Talk of unnecessary info and waste is ridiculous as is the dropping of video highlights. The club website is how the world sees Batley Bulldogs, we need it to be better, not cut back to reduce 'waste'

Tend to agree with SuperTyke, If the poster posting as Website is really the person who runs the Bulldogs website, then I think we have problems. If he can't see that the club website should be the best, most up to date, complete, easy to navigate site possible, then I think we have the wrong person running the site. Talk of unnecessary info and waste is ridiculous as is the dropping of video highlights. The club website is how the world sees Batley Bulldogs, we need it to be better, not cut back to reduce 'waste'

+1

Stoopid Cup Winner 2012

Archived