Half backs 2016

grumpyoldram

If we can get an effective half back partnership from the players available in the squad then I feel we can challenge towards the upper echelons of the table. If they don't click then we may struggle. I do think that we will have one of the best packs in the Championship which will help keep us away from relegation battle. I am really looking forward to seeing Zach Johnson make his league debut after his injury.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As for Sammut, we couldn't offer him the dough he wanted. Bradford could though

Homer: How is education supposed to make me feel smarter? Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain. Remember when I took that home winemaking course, and I forgot how to drive?

[

i]Mr. Burns: Woah, slow down there maestro. There's a *New* Mexico?[/i]

I'm awake! You're not wrong, always played well against us, was a nuisance.

As for Sammut, we wouldn't offer him the dough he wanted. Bradford would though

Fixed your typo.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

It wouldn't be a proper Dewsbury team if we didn't have at least one hobbling player would it?

On the other hand I believe that he had an op to fix the problem he had at Fev, whereas at Hunslet he got stuck in their awkward political shenanigans.

I hope that he can do a good job leading the pack around and creating a bit of space for Reynolds. There will be an interesting competition for places with these two recent signings and our more established forwards will certainly need to be on their mettle if they want to grab a spot.

Now all we need to learn is that there will be no more departures before the season starts.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

It wouldn't be a proper Dewsbury team if we didn't have at least one hobbling player would it?

On the other hand I believe that he had an op to fix the problem he had at Fev, whereas at Hunslet he got stuck in their awkward political shenanigans.

I hope that he can do a good job leading the pack around and creating a bit of space for Reynolds. There will be an interesting competition for places with these two recent signings and our more established forwards will certainly need to be on their mettle if they want to grab a spot.

Now all we need to learn is that there will be no more departures before the season starts.

As good player as AK is, the one thing that isn't in his game (IMO) is a leader on the park. However he is an excellent attacking stand off, but needs a Finn/Thackeray/Hanforth style player to work along side.

Hope he goes well for you guys (bar the two games against Fev :)

I'm sure I'll think of something funny to say soon.

• 3 weeks later...

Fear not Market Ram for we have acquired a new half bank from our very own ranks.........

May I present Mr Joel Farrell who has just played at stand off for Jamaica. It's true ....strange but true.

Fear not Market Ram for we have acquired a new half bank from our very own ranks.........

May I present Mr Joel Farrell who has just played at stand off for Jamaica. It's true ....strange but true.

Just had look on the Jamaica website ... apparently as well as playing stand off he has also acquired a kicking game, taking all goal kicks over the 2 matches ....  is this the same Joel Farrell? 

Just had look on the Jamaica website ... apparently as well as playing stand off he has also acquired a kicking game, taking all goal kicks over the 2 matches ....  is this the same Joel Farrell?

The very same, as Jamaican as Bob Marley is our Joel. Think he kicked 3/5 in game against Canada. BTW our favourite Bulldog Rettie also scored - they'll be rustling up some Jerk Chicken up the Mount tonight!!!

The very same, as Jamaican as Bob Marley is our Joel. Think he kicked 3/5 in game against Canada. BTW our favourite Bulldog Rettie also scored - they'll be rustling up some Jerk Chicken up the Mount tonight!!!

The mount always has an abundance of jerk

So rustling some up shouldn't be too hard ;)

Archived