New Club Merch

Dave Naylor

Hi Bolton Roughyed. You have my sympathies,customer service is a rare commodity these days.And thinboy is better off with his own Oldham gear.It just a shame when people have to go to lengths like that to show support for your club.I would recommend that our fans should stay well clear off this company used by the club.I work for an internet based retail firm and if things were this bad I would probably lose my job.

WOE BE CAREFUL....!!

They have now threatened me with legal action for slandering their good name....Seriously?!?!?!?..... You'll be next M  R....

As far as I'm aware the definition of slander is "To make a false and damaging statement"..

Everything I have said has been the truth. Further more I think I'm right in saying that slander refers to the spoken word where libel refers to the written word.

Customer service  - nil

Education - questionable

Aah well

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Overall its not been that bad for me.My item took 22 days to come which was within the time stated on the site.It was on the small side.Hey ho these things happen .A quick call and they said they would send me next size up.That was last week so It will be probably early jan when replacement comes but so be it.

Theres no club shop for me to try stuff on so it has to be this way.

Its still been a breath of fresh air compared with when I last bought an Oldham shirt.That was so bad it was a joke.

No company is going to jump in and make up a rake of gear till they have test the waters.Outfits like BSK will do it to order and Oldham being new on the scene is an unknown quantity.Its bound to take time but they are saying allow up to 28 days so fair enough.

Ideally CH would have got this deal done a lot earlier  but like everything else with Oldham its all last minute seat of the pants stuff.In the end its better than the burger van,

Overall its not been that bad for me.My item took 22 days to come which was within the time stated on the site.It was on the small side.Hey ho these things happen .A quick call and they said they would send me next size up.That was last week so It will be probably early jan when replacement comes but so be it.

Theres no club shop for me to try stuff on so it has to be this way.

Its still been a breath of fresh air compared with when I last bought an Oldham shirt.That was so bad it was a joke.

No company is going to jump in and make up a rake of gear till they have test the waters.Outfits like BSK will do it to order and Oldham being new on the scene is an unknown quantity.Its bound to take time but they are saying allow up to 28 days so fair enough.

Ideally CH would have got this deal done a lot earlier  but like everything else with Oldham its all last minute seat of the pants stuff.In the end its better than the burger van,

That would be fair enough Andy but I don't think anyone has been told to expect a 28 day wait. I certainly wasn't and was still waiting after 29 days and even waiting for the decency of a reply to my email after 11 days.

The old adage "the customer is always right" is lost on these people.

There motto seems to be "the customer is always wrong and if there's a chance he's right threaten to sue him".

Sadly this attitude has come direct from the National Sales Manager... Scary really.  

WOE BE CAREFUL....!!

They have now threatened me with legal action for slandering their good name....Seriously?!?!?!?..... You'll be next M  R....

As far as I'm aware the definition of slander is "To make a false and damaging statement"..

Everything I have said has been the truth. Further more I think I'm right in saying that slander refers to the spoken word where libel refers to the written word.

Customer service  - nil

Education - questionable

Aah well

You might want to point out to them that if their cause of action is based on your written posts, then it's libel and not slander.

Don't want them to set off on the wrong foot do we !!!

That would be fair enough Andy but I don't think anyone has been told to expect a 28 day wait. I certainly wasn't and was still waiting after 29 days and even waiting for the decency of a reply to my email after 11 days.

The old adage "the customer is always right" is lost on these people.

There motto seems to be "the customer is always wrong and if there's a chance he's right threaten to sue him".

Sadly this attitude has come direct from the National Sales Manager... Scary really.

Having worked in retail for 20 years i can tell you the customer isn't always right at all..

Not that im taking sides in this but its also worth noting its christmas and they deal with dozens of clubs and their fans..things are bound to get slow..

Just saying

OLDHAM RLFC

the 8TH most successful team in british RL

Right chaps I'm in need of some help regarding the use of the oldham coat of arms. According to the council's website only the Mayor's office or the leader of the council can 'use' it.

So a little curious as to how the club can use it on their shirts and teamwear.

Any advice or info would be greatly appreciated, I'm hoping someone has some idea (s).

Hi thinboy, i would drop the mayors office an email personally. Might be better to get the word straight from them. It says as you say Mayors office and leader but is that just for official paperwork etc? I have no idea,after all your effort it would be a shame to get some wrong advice and end up sued. Sorry i cant help anymore mate. Good luck with it. Nice to see someone doing something a bit different.

I've pondered this myself for some projects of my own.   

The council website says this:

The Borough’s Coat of Arms can only be used by the Mayor's Office and the Leader of the Council.

As roughyed34 says, that may be a restriction for council depts etc and have no bearing on outside bodies.  I suppose the council wouldn't want third parties using the coat of arms for commercial gain but seem acceptant that bodies like Oldham RLFC use it.  Maybe since they are in a way promoting the town they've historically turned a blind eye or given some form of permission?

Manchester council took action against a website who used commissioned artwork of the Manchester CoA and displayed it on their own site. The council claimed copyright, probably quite rightly.

I think an email to the mayor's office is the way forward but I suspect the answer would be a no. 

I still reckon that Oldham RLFC should create some new branding even if they don't totally abandon the crest.  

Cheers Gareth and Dave for the advice.

I've gone right to the horses mouth (mayoral office) and spoke to a very nice lady, explaining the situation and that I didn't want to infringe any copyright.

Needless to say I got a very swift response, as I mentioned the club were allowed to use the crest.

Anyway anyone that wants to private message me and I'll divulge all.

Having worked in retail for 20 years i can tell you the customer isn't always right at all..

Not that im taking sides in this but its also worth noting its christmas and they deal with dozens of clubs and their fans..things are bound to get slow..

Just saying

I accept all that RS but I emailed them very politely, initially, asking when I would be getting my order and the Sales Manager said he would get someone to contact me asap with an update. I waited patiently for 11 days and got nothing in the way of an update. It was only at that point that I got a bit antsy. I emailed again for an update and had to wait a further 4 days for a reply.

I totally accept that Christmas is busy that's why I placed my order on 16th November, to give it plenty of time. I don't think it's unreasonable to expect to at least have an idea when my goods would arrive a full month later.

To then be told my posts on this site were slanderous, when all I had done was tell it how it is was a bit rich.

I was informed many years ago that Oldham Rugby League and Oldham Rugby Union clubs were given permission to display the towns coat of arms  ( as their logo )on the players shirts and other merchandise.

Certainly up to the time the supporters club ended all players and committee members wore a club blazer with the coat of arms on the pocket.

When I went to buy my polo I saw on the website that it was up to 28 days for embroidery and thinking that the Oldham coat of arms is embroidered I settled in for the 28 days wait.

I could not envisage a situation were BSK would have made a batch in anticipation and If I was in their situation I would not have done so. They have to be made when ordered and probably out of the country. This is the way of the world.

This is the best you can expect for the size of Club Oldham is.

I sold from an ebay shop and some customers can be over zealous with bad reviews to the point were you can as a supplier contact ebay an get them  removed if they were without justification.

To avoid this communication with the customer is the key and ebay encourages suppliers to make clear delivery times and

have good comms with the customer and provide tracking numbers.

That is the yardstick for all suppliers via the web and in my experience it works.

My advice is to settle in for the 28 days wait and just accept its the best we can do at the moment.

Its early days and hopefully it will improve. If it does not there are always other companies who do this sort of thing.

My advice to BSK is that when you acknowledge the order make clear the estimated delivery time and when dispatched

email a tracking number.

Last thing needed is a return to the CH method which was order a batch, hope they sell ,if not order less next time and

take orders off people and deliver them eventually.

had these delivered on Christmas Eve OMG the quality look at the pictures both tops are marked permanently  the Hoody for £36 is awful its thin and no pockets and has an errea badge stitched on as if has been stuck on as a last resort and the Polo shirt is worth about £5 from the matalan. I ordered xxl and again the sizes are so wrong. why did we sign up to this company. they will now have to go back and then wait another 3 /4 weeks.  These were christmas presents. 

post-42719-0-67742500-1451242840_thumb.jpg

post-42719-0-20756100-1451242861_thumb.jpg

post-42719-0-90894000-1451242885_thumb.jpg

Absolutely disgusting studmuffin. The quality is none existant. My sympathies to you as these were probably presents I assume. This company really are cowboys.I for one am definitely stearing well clear off these people.I'm just going to be content with my match ticket(at least nothing can go wrong with that.Well I hope not).

Archived